• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Official 0-60 & 1/4 mile thread

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
the stinger forum has rules for their quarter mile times; like requiring a slip to be shown and mods to be clearly laid out. I dont think we need to get on the level of requiring a slip to be shown (apparently at the stinger forum they had some people pushing the truth) but listing out mods is definitely important

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
the stinger forum has rules for their quarter mile times; like requiring a slip to be shown and mods to be clearly laid out. I dont think we need to get on the level of requiring a slip to be shown (apparently at the stinger forum they had some people pushing the truth) but listing out mods is definitely important
Agreed. Can I also suggest including the following:
  • 2.0T or 3.3TT
  • AWD or RWD
  • 8AT or 6MT
  • Method of measurement (hand timed, OBD2 plugin, track timer, etc.)
  • Ambient air temperature
  • Pavement type and condition
  • Anything else that would affect time
Makes it a little easier to compare apples to apples.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Showexc419

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Haven't been to a 1/4 mile but we have an 1/8th mile nearby. Ran in the daily driver class of a no prep event there. 3.3t, aem intakes, map 2 with fuel wires. Was doing different things every run and got it down to 8.34. Manually shifting the car was the best result.

Attachments

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This guy has it on video. I timed it myself...and he is indeed correct.

Same as my runs when stock...when I first got mine.

First 0-60 vid in my stock 19’ G70. 869 feet elevation, 3,800 miles, 77 degrees F. 3 run average 4.43 seconds. This particular vid 4.32 seconds to 60 mph

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums