• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Official GV80 Site

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Build it...

Manuals (Korean) and other downloads...

Full Specs attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zhenocnra

The most interesting thing I've found so far is the fact that it has a "remote smart parking" feature. Obviously I can't read Korean but, from the images and Google Translate, it looks a lot like Tesla's Smart Summon for parking into or exiting a tight parking spot. I'm very interested if we'll get this in the US and how it'll work.

Some of the driver assistance, going by the pictures, look very odd too. For example, the pictures of the driver aids showing hills or curves and the ones with lead cars for ACC changing lanes.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

The most interesting thing I've found so far is the fact that it has a "remote smart parking" feature. Obviously I can't read Korean but, from the images and Google Translate, it looks a lot like Tesla's Smart Summon for parking into or exiting a tight parking spot. I'm very interested if we'll get this in the US and how it'll work.

Some of the driver assistance, going by the pictures, look very odd too. For example, the pictures of the driver aids showing hills or curves and the ones with lead cars for ACC changing lanes.
Same as new Sonata. Drives the car in/out of a spot. Perhaps it offers more.

Update...it actually self-parks 100%.

Last edited:

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am impressed with the features (assuming we get them all) but no where does it mention hitch or towing ability. I assume that isn't a big deal in South Korea, but in NA it is. I hope this info comes out soon.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Genesis USA has an official parking space for the GV80 now...

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
you guys are awesome. I'm so glad I found this board. I was hoping to have remote start on the key fob in addition to an app. I have mine in an app now and I always forget to use it or am too lazy to open the app to get to it, lol. I get scared to use the automated parking and driving functions, but want to try as they seem nice. My wife would kill for a car that can honestly park itself and not get curb rash on the wheels ;).

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I wonder how much of that comes to the US. The pay feature would be cool, but we won’t be able to use it. Too bad. I live the air purifier system. That’s always been a key issue I have with cars.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums