• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Officially buying a white 5.0 r spec, looking for a few parts

mangosmoothie

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hi everyone.

I made a few threads on here. I was trying to decide between a '13-14 or a '15. I ended up deciding on a white 2014 5.0 R spec

Normally I try to search forums before posting but a lot of what I came across is no longer relevant.

I'm looking for any sort of intake that is still made. I'd prefer a cold air intake. I know R2C used to make a short ram, but I don't see it anymore. Weapon R appears to make a short ram as well?

Also looking for a lip spoiler. I found some on ebay, would prefer not to drill.

And lastly I found some ebay test pipes. I'm on the fence about those... Test pipe on my Speed3 was hands down the best bang for buck mod that I did. But I'm thinking the power gains on a n/a V8 aren't going to be nearly as good.

Last edited:

MG8

Hasn't posted much yet...
your starting with 430hp capable to be a 12 sec luxo sedan stock . with simple bolt on mods and tune should be around 480hp.

MG8

thats right btr discountinued there tune, i seen someone selling the btr tune on the classified section of forum or alphaspeed should be coming out with one shortly. i have the abel racing intake but that too is discontinued.

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
The cold air intake is a wast of money on the r-spec. Due to it being 5 years old the first things should be to make sure transmission services have been done, fuel tank air filter replaced, fuel filter replaced, plugs changed every 90k miles. Brake fluid changed, coolant changed, engine belts changed, brake pads checked, rear diff oil changed.

MG8

The cold air intake is a wast of money on the r-spec. Due to it being 5 years old the first things should be to make sure transmission services have been done, fuel tank air filter replaced, fuel filter replaced, plugs changed every 90k miles. Brake fluid changed, coolant changed, engine belts changed, brake pads checked, rear diff oil changed.
I agree about weapon r and rc2 since the intake pipe goes up closer to the passenger side engine bay area and a heat shield no place to really get air, but the abel racing pipe is shorter and still uses the stock front air dam to draw air.

OUsig

Been here awhile...
McKinney TX
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
The engine can do a lot more if we had better traction. BUT with the small width tires (even with 245s) the computer is programmed to keep traction and reduce power with any sort of slip. Honestly this is a smart design for MOST drivers. Now if we could put in some nice 275 or 285 rear tires, then adjust the stock computer I think it would be a great drive. As it is now, adding any "power bolt ons" will only make the computer cut off power quicker when you really want too.
Still I enjoy a slight modification to make the vehicle your own

I surprise other cars nearly every time I drive my Genesis. 6 year old 4 door vehicle with 112000 miles...not many with those specifications actually perform like our 5.0 will do! Love it

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums