• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Ohio Members

zaksdaddy

Getting familiar with the group...
Would love to find other Ohio members that would like to get together and compare Genny's - coupes, sedans, stock or modified.

I am in the Cincinnati area. I have seen three sedans and one coupe over the past few months.

I have also heard about a standout green coupe (never seen) that I think might belong to Rockynight.

Let me hear from you!

zaksdaddy

JJC

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hi, just came across this site. I've been a Hyundai owner for the past 11 yrs; owned 2 XG350's, a 2007 Azera & just traded it for a 2012 Genesis 3.6 tech a few days ago.

I was surfing to get some dialog on instructions on the intricate electronics of the car when I stumbled onto this site. After reading the posts on the various complaints on the DIS, I'm a little concerned. How'bout you.

JJC
Athens, OH

zaksdaddy

Getting familiar with the group...
Hi, just came across this site. I've been a Hyundai owner for the past 11 yrs; owned 2 XG350's, a 2007 Azera & just traded it for a 2012 Genesis 3.6 tech a few days ago.

I was surfing to get some dialog on instructions on the intricate electronics of the car when I stumbled onto this site. After reading the posts on the various complaints on the DIS, I'm a little concerned. How'bout you.

JJC
Athens, OH
I own a 2012 3.8 w/ premium. I do not have the DIS. I have about 4,000 miles on my Genesis and other than a few quirky things with the NAV screen in the first week, no problems. I love my car!

About the only hint I can give you is to be patient after you initially start the car. Give the NAV/Bluetooth computer a few seconds (10 - 15) to boot up before you put the car in gear. It seems that most people who have a problem with the NAV system freezing up are theose who start the car and almost immediately put it in gear. Kind of like trying to use your home computer before it fully boots up, you risk locking the whole thing up.

Welcome to the boards and enjoy your car, I think it is a really great car!

:D

JJC

I own a 2012 3.8 w/ premium. I do not have the DIS. I have about 4,000 miles on my Genesis and other than a few quirky things with the NAV screen in the first week, no problems. I love my car!

About the only hint I can give you is to be patient after you initially start the car. Give the NAV/Bluetooth computer a few seconds (10 - 15) to boot up before you put the car in gear. It seems that most people who have a problem with the NAV system freezing up are theose who start the car and almost immediately put it in gear. Kind of like trying to use your home computer before it fully boots up, you risk locking the whole thing up.

Welcome to the boards and enjoy your car, I think it is a really great car!

:D
Thanks for the advice about waiting. I'm getting the feel of the head unit and DIS & am enjoying the car more & more. So far, no gremlins yet;)

JJC

Purchased my 2012 3.8 with Platinum and Tech about 3 weeks ago. I absolutely love it. I'm in the Columbus area.
Congratulations on your new Genesis. I sure am enjoying mine. The only fault I can find after 10-months of ownership is the "flat spot" in acceleration when one steps on the gas initially.

The head unit/ MIS sure takes a while to learn. Maybe one can apply for a degree after mastering it :D

Travis Gordon

Hello everyone I am new to the Genesis world. I was a tech for Hyundai for three years I loved it but I have moved on to one of the big three. But I still love my Genesis I picked up in 09 with the technology package 4.6 love it. From the Columbus area would like to get together more just ask us and shoot the shit

OhioRSpec

Newbie to the Genesis world, just got it 2 weeks ago. I'm about 30 min southeast of Cleveland.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums