Oil pressure help!

Gennyhenny15

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
My oil pressure light came on! At idle it’s on and at acceleration it turns off. Sometimes it comes on around 1800 rpm while driving. I’ve got an aem intake and not exhaust after the cats. Has anyone else had this problem or should I just take it to the dealership and have them diagnose? image.jpg image.jpg E51942A9-B447-4689-9495-7334D212D11B.jpeg

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You are in the G70 forum, I would recommend posting this in the correct place.
This. But with that being said, if you've got an oil-pressure light, get that thing to a dealer ASAP. I would even consider getting it towed there.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My oil pressure light came on! At idle it’s on and at acceleration it turns off. Sometimes it comes on around 1800 rpm while driving. I’ve got an aem intake and not exhaust after the cats. Has anyone else had this problem or should I just take it to the dealership and have them diagnose?
Definitely check it out. especially if under warranty use the dealer. Could be as simple as a bad sensor but could be a bad oil pump or other problems.
I assume you checked and oil level is where it should be. Without actual pressure readings you cannot draw a conclusion. Don't wait too long as you can do damage.

Gennyhenny15

Genesis Model Type
i have the same problem
It’s the oil pressure switch, kind of a costly repair. It’s below the lower intake manifold and you have to buy all new intake gaskets which I’m having trouble finding other than threw Hyundai. The switch is between $80 an $120. You also should replace the spark plugs while doing this repair because the upper intake manifold has to come off to do that as well lol

Ixlr8

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Oil pumps rarely fail, however the oil pressure sender units fail pretty regularly. It may be as simple as dirty contacts to the external wiring. I am not familiar with this particular unit, but if you can unplug and re-plug the sensor cable a few times, it may clean the contacts enough to cure your problem.

Gennyhenny15

Genesis Model Type
Oil pumps rarely fail, however the oil pressure sender units fail pretty regularly. It may be as simple as dirty contacts to the external wiring. I am not familiar with this particular unit, but if you can unplug and re-plug the sensor cable a few times, it may clean the contacts enough to cure your problem.
I would love to play with it and try to get it working lol unfortunately, the sensor is located underneath the lower intake manifold and even the upper manifold looks like a nightmare to take off not to mention all the intake gaskets have to be replaced when removed. It’s just a pain in the ass thing to happen but all cars come with their own problems lol

Joseg7955

Fresno, CA
Genesis Model Type
Had this happen to me last month before I had to move to Redwood City. Oil pressure switch went out. Light would only come on after driving for a few minutes and only at idle. The repair isn't to bad you need to remove intake manifold (upper and lower) and fuel injectors with rails. Finding the correct socket is a pain. When getting the sensor out you don't have much room to work with. I had to shave down the thinnest wall 24mm socket I could find on Amazon.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
My oil pressure light came on! At idle it’s on and at acceleration it turns off. Sometimes it comes on around 1800 rpm while driving. I’ve got an aem intake and not exhaust after the cats. Has anyone else had this problem or should I just take it to the dealership and have them diagnose? View attachment 32652 View attachment 32653 View attachment 32654
Take to the dealer if under warranty, if not then to a import repair shop.

The low oil pressure could be from a failing oil pump,oil sensor or even an oil leak. I would first check the oil pressure reading with a scan tool if you a DIY type owner.

Gennyhenny15

Genesis Model Type
Had this happen to me last month before I had to move to Redwood City. Oil pressure switch went out. Light would only come on after driving for a few minutes and only at idle. The repair isn't to bad you need to remove intake manifold (upper and lower) and fuel injectors with rails. Finding the correct socket is a pain. When getting the sensor out you don't have much room to work with. I had to shave down the thinnest wall 24mm socket I could find on Amazon.
I just scheduled an appointment to have it replaced by a shop I trust for $400. The dealership quoted me $800.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums