Oil pressure help!

Gennyhenny15

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
My oil pressure light came on! At idle it’s on and at acceleration it turns off. Sometimes it comes on around 1800 rpm while driving. I’ve got an aem intake and not exhaust after the cats. Has anyone else had this problem or should I just take it to the dealership and have them diagnose? image.jpg image.jpg E51942A9-B447-4689-9495-7334D212D11B.jpeg

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You are in the G70 forum, I would recommend posting this in the correct place.
This. But with that being said, if you've got an oil-pressure light, get that thing to a dealer ASAP. I would even consider getting it towed there.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My oil pressure light came on! At idle it’s on and at acceleration it turns off. Sometimes it comes on around 1800 rpm while driving. I’ve got an aem intake and not exhaust after the cats. Has anyone else had this problem or should I just take it to the dealership and have them diagnose?
Definitely check it out. especially if under warranty use the dealer. Could be as simple as a bad sensor but could be a bad oil pump or other problems.
I assume you checked and oil level is where it should be. Without actual pressure readings you cannot draw a conclusion. Don't wait too long as you can do damage.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums