• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Opinions, please

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looking for a set of winter wheels. I’m told that both of these 18x8 rims will clear the Brembos on a 2.0T Sport MT. I’m not necessarily trying to replicate the 10 spoke OEM wheels, but I do like those. Your thoughts?

Option 1: Koenig Oversteer

Option 2: Drag DR-67
That's funny, I've been looking at dozens of wheels on line for days, and your option 1 is also one of my first choices. It would be nice to see a picture of them on a G70. I'm looking for a darker finish possibly, to better hide the brake dust.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's funny, I've been looking at dozens of wheels on line for days, and your option 1 is also one of my first choices. It would be nice to see a picture of them on a G70. I'm looking for a darker finish possibly, to better hide the brake dust.
It's nice to know they'll clear the brakes, although I was thinking of getting 19" wheels for summer tires and using the factory 18" 20 spoke wheels for winter. Still not sure though.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
FYI, for those that may be looking to go with wider wheels (not for winter 😉), I took a look at the back space behind the wheels. It looks like there's barely 0.5" in the front before the tire and/or wheel would rub on the strut. In the rear, there's more like 0.75" (approx) before the wheel would rub on the stock sway bar. I've got the 18" wheels. Running 19" wheels might increase the spacing a bit due to the geometry.

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Option 1

Would you be doing a square setup?
Yes, I do want to do a square setup of 18x8s.

Will your Genesis center caps fit these? Do you care?
I don’t know, but I doubt it because the factory bore diameter is different. It would be nice if they got, but I don’t really care all that much.

OP - take a look at FAST wheels. They supply the OE Genesis winter wheels up in CAD. They clear our sport brakes well. Squared setup for winters!
I will. Thanks!

So far, Option 1 is winning, but I’ll keep thinking. FWIW, I am looking to do a square setup of 225/45-18. According to TireSize.com, this is very close to overall wheel diameter in comparison to the 225/40-19 wheel and tire. Trying to keep speedometer and odometer fairly accurate.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes, I do want to do a square setup of 18x8s.

I don’t know, but I doubt it because the factory bore diameter is different. It would be nice if they got, but I don’t really care all that much.

I will. Thanks!

So far, Option 1 is winning, but I’ll keep thinking. FWIW, I am looking to do a square setup of 225/45-18. According to TireSize.com, this is very close to overall wheel diameter in comparison to the 225/40-19 wheel and tire. Trying to keep speedometer and odometer fairly accurate.
^ yup, 225/45/18 are the factory winter fitment for Sport and 19” staggered summer setups. Thinner section is better for winter anyhow, and squared setup is nice for rotation options.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums