Ordered my GV70 2.5T Advanced (Canada) this week - how long did you have to wait for yours?

tester_m

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hey everyone, new to the forum here and can't wait for this vehicle to arrive but the dealer is telling me that due to the chip shortage I'll likely have to wait until January 2022 - did anyone else have to wait this long?
Also, does anyone have a review of this Advanced trim level? Every review I've seen online is for the top trim and it's been difficult to even get a good understanding of what my vehicle will actually look like...

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hey everyone, new to the forum here and can't wait for this vehicle to arrive but the dealer is telling me that due to the chip shortage I'll likely have to wait until January 2022 - did anyone else have to wait this long?
Also, does anyone have a review of this Advanced trim level? Every review I've seen online is for the top trim and it's been difficult to even get a good understanding of what my vehicle will actually look like...
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your brand new Genesis GV70! What will the GV70 be replacing for you? I'm glad you found us. :)

CarlEightySix

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I'm in Canada. I waited 4 weeks for mine but I placed the order in June. I got a Sport Plus.

tester_m

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your brand new Genesis GV70! What will the GV70 be replacing for you? I'm glad you found us. :)
Much appreciated Sal, seems like a nice community to be a part of! I'll be replacing my 2020 CR-V black edition, which was stolen just a couple of weeks ago (hence delivery time being a major factor for me!).
Yeah CarlEightySix the dealership actually told me it would only be 4 weeks for the Sport Plus too, not sure if it's engine-related or maybe the lower trims are in higher demand but much longer wait time for mine.

gene6ix

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I ordered an Advanced trim in June in Toronto, and the latest update this week was that it should arrive by late September.

GVCanada

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I requested a pre-order reservation for a 2.5T Advanced Plus at the beginning of March in Alberta and I'm still waiting. I confirmed the colours at the beginning of July when it was in production and was informed that it was shipped out at the beginning of August. It had an ETA of the end of August which got bumped out to the second week of September so we'll see when it actually gets here. Can't wait though! It would be nice to see a video of an Advanced or Advanced Plus or even of my colour combo.

dckimmd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I always purchase my car and keep it for at least 100k miles or more. So I always order the car exactly as I want it and therefore, usually have to wait for it.

The GV70 was the first that I bought off the lot since 1991, since the dealer had the exact car that I wanted (3.5 Sport Prestige in Mauna Red with Ultramarine interior). This is in part due to the fact that the GV70 offers very few choices when it comes to individualizing the options.

Pick the transmission, pick the package, color, that's pretty much it.
Unlike other cars where you can have thousands of different combinations.

Waited only a few days to coordinate my schedule and get my insurance card.

SebringSilver

Registered Member
Vancouver, Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
It seems like Mauna Red on Ultramarine Blue is a popular choice. What colour interior do you folks think would go best with the Uyuni White exterior?

dckimmd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
It seems like Mauna Red on Ultramarine Blue is a popular choice. What colour interior do you folks think would go best with the Uyuni White exterior?
I can't tell the difference between Alta white vs Uyuni white vs Matterhorn white (at least on the website).
I like the Ultramarine blue interior - it's a rather dark blue at that. And the red stitching looks nice.

Funny, though, I read a review in the Wall Street Journal by Dan Neil. He had a red car with red interior but the seats were blue. I can't see that combo on the website.

The Uyuni white - reminds me of when I first got my car. The car image on the instrument cluster was Uyuni white. I was thinking at the time that it would be nice to have the car be the same color as your actual car. I then figured out you can change the color of the icon car to any color.

SebringSilver

Registered Member
Vancouver, Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I can't tell the difference between Alta white vs Uyuni white vs Matterhorn white (at least on the website).
I like the Ultramarine blue interior - it's a rather dark blue at that. And the red stitching looks nice.

Funny, though, I read a review in the Wall Street Journal by Dan Neil. He had a red car with red interior but the seats were blue. I can't see that combo on the website.

The Uyuni white - reminds me of when I first got my car. The car image on the instrument cluster was Uyuni white. I was thinking at the time that it would be nice to have the car be the same color as your actual car. I then figured out you can change the color of the icon car to any color.

Yes, I too am finding lots of cool features or just things in general about the car after driving it a bit more especially at night. I had no idea the 3D map and transmission controller looks so amazing at night.

DDE5208D-DEE4-495E-93FD-822036E3EFDC.jpeg CC38FDA3-2523-4CA3-A125-906B94BC092D.jpeg A21438EC-6BC4-4384-8AEC-8F511BD391A9.jpeg

Protru

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I'm in Montreal, ordered the first week of August, 2.5T Advanced. It's supposed to go into production in September and my dealer wants to wait till it's on a boat to give me an ETA, I'm guessing November, but I can update as I hear back.

Ahfai508

I live in the Toronto area and i placed my order (advanced plus trim) first of August. Still no VIN or delivery date is assigned. I am also hoping for end of the year

GVCanada

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
My Advanced Plus arrived at the dealership on Thursday and I was able to check it out on Friday. Absolutely love it! Looks like it took about 5-6 weeks to get to Alberta after my dealer said it shipped out. He's off work this week so waiting for him to get back so I can get the GV70 to my house.

tester_m

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Thanks for your responses everyone, keep 'em coming!

My Advanced Plus arrived at the dealership on Thursday and I was able to check it out on Friday. Absolutely love it! Looks like it took about 5-6 weeks to get to Alberta after my dealer said it shipped out. He's off work this week so waiting for him to get back so I can get the GV70 to my house.
When did you first place your order?

GVCanada

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Thanks for your responses everyone, keep 'em coming!

When did you first place your order?
March but it didn't go into production until July since there was a delay in making the 2.5s

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

szeldov

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I am in Toronto and ordered my Advanced Plus in March. The last ETA update is late October/November.

dckimmd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
March but it didn't go into production until July since there was a delay in making the 2.5s
Wow. You ordered your car sight unseen?
I thought buying a first production year vehicle was a little risky. Buying one prior to even seeing it live is even gutsier. Anyway, I think it'll work out well as you'll love it. Good luck!

GVCanada

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I am in Toronto and ordered my Advanced Plus in March. The last ETA update is late October/November.
That seems pretty late, did you place your reservation when pre-orders opened? Maybe there were way more orders in the Toronto area.
Wow. You ordered your car sight unseen?
I thought buying a first production year vehicle was a little risky. Buying one prior to even seeing it live is even gutsier. Anyway, I think it'll work out well as you'll love it. Good luck!
It was just a pre-order reservation so I haven't actually bought it yet. Thought it didn't hurt to get in line since I could cancel at any time and still could. Won't want to after seeing it live on Friday. First time seeing my trim since the dealership only had the 2.5 Prestige to test drive. Have you ordered one?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners