Ordered my GV70 2.5T Advanced (Canada) this week - how long did you have to wait for yours?

gene6ix

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Some photos as requested:

Attachments

• 71979950-D34B-4F5F-AA28-410EBAFE1608.jpeg
    71979950-D34B-4F5F-AA28-410EBAFE1608.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 083CCAD0-F80C-464B-A3C9-44493783DFF2.jpeg
    083CCAD0-F80C-464B-A3C9-44493783DFF2.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 101
  • AE246034-6489-4274-A35D-FADB975A4DBF.jpeg
    AE246034-6489-4274-A35D-FADB975A4DBF.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 102
  • B99E6790-B889-435C-841A-085B6F7032A7.jpeg
    B99E6790-B889-435C-841A-085B6F7032A7.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 5E80AA81-7A1F-4DC7-B254-F5BC52758A5F.jpeg
    5E80AA81-7A1F-4DC7-B254-F5BC52758A5F.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 112

r19

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Ordered a 2.5T on June 18 and picked it up from Genesis Downtown Toronto on October 1. Savile Silver with Havana Brown. Loving it!
Hi Gene6ix. Would you mind posting pictures of the Havana Brown interior. Very few people seem to have picked this colour for the interior and it would be great to get some pics. I purchased the Uyni White with Havana Brown 2.5T Advanced plus back in late July in Toronto. Still waiting. Thank you!
Sorry - saw your picks after I type this out. Are you happy with your colour choice?

Last edited:

gene6ix

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hi Gene6ix. Would you mind posting pictures of the Havana Brown interior. Very few people seem to have picked this colour for the interior and it would be great to get some pics. I purchased the Uyni White with Havana Brown 2.5T Advanced plus back in late July in Toronto. Still waiting. Thank you!
Sorry - saw your picks after I type this out. Are you happy with your colour choice?

Very happy with both the silver and the brown. It’s warm and inviting, fits with the character of the car nicely.

HCJH

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Ordered in early June for the princess. 2.5T Prestige AWD available only in 2nd Canadian shipment due to chip shortage. Just picked up today. Saville Silver with black interior. Interior much improved over our 2019 G70. Need to get another GV70 or GV80 next year only if the Mrs. (big boss) approves.

Greenish70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hello, I'm in Canada and deposited on a Select with Barossa Burgundy in August sight unseen.
Couldn't hold on any longer and the dealer had an Avanced Uyuni with Ocean Wave on way and I jumped on it. I was surprised on how subtle the green is when it arrived, as at this point I was telling everyone I got a green interior car.
I don't need to go into details of things I love, as the car is fantastic and we are on a Genesis forum, but some insight below for future buyers.
If your use to HUD and fancy cameras, spend the extra dough for the Avanced +. I did not and my truck has both and both are dearly missed when I'm GVing.
The car has adequate power, but there is a dead spot from a standstill with the 2.5 engine, once up to speed it moves, just muted when it does. I have used launch control already and it more or less remedies this, but in my opinion it's too much hassle to go through on my day to day commute (JB4?).
The car looks really good and gets compliments on the road, but the stock 19" rims need wider tires, I think it takes away from the general aesthetics, as majority of people think Porsche upon seeing it and psychologically default their v1 cortex. I'm remedying this with some 255/55/19 hakka 10,s for winter.

Blackstone99

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Just put a deposit on a Adriatic Blue 3.5tt Sport with Black interior. Edmonton, AB. Was told it was at the port in Vancouver. Official delivery time is 6-8weeks, but the person I spoke to said they have received some in as little as 2 weeks that were already at the Port as this is. Different story on the 2.5’s which is ultimately what sealed the deal on this particular vehicle. 6 months plus on the 2.5’s….eagerly awaiting a follow up call now that the deposit is in to finalize the details and get a VIN

Moosetafa02

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Just put a deposit on a Adriatic Blue 3.5tt Sport with Black interior. Edmonton, AB. Was told it was at the port in Vancouver. Official delivery time is 6-8weeks, but the person I spoke to said they have received some in as little as 2 weeks that were already at the Port as this is. Different story on the 2.5’s which is ultimately what sealed the deal on this particular vehicle. 6 months plus on the 2.5’s….eagerly awaiting a follow up call now that the deposit is in to finalize the details and get a VIN
6 months?!? Ugh. I put a deposit on a 2.5 last week and was told 3 months. I hope it’s not double that…

Blackstone99

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
6 months?!? Ugh. I put a deposit on a 2.5 last week and was told 3 months. I hope it’s not double that…
Hopefully they were correct when they said 3 months for you! Initially I was told 2-6months for a 2.5 prestige depending on colour combo so you’re right in that window. The other encouraging thing was they said there was some incoming inventory. On a negative note, the person I spoke to at the dealer dealt mainly with deliveries and she said she had just delivered a 2.5 that was ordered in May…ultimately it’s a crap shoot right now in the automotive world so anything can happen. Best of luck 🤞

TensGenesis

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Picked up my 2.5T advanced plus in GTA today. Order late August. I’m pretty sure I got someone’s cancellation because the vehicle is built in July.

Attachments

• 51534C72-E217-4832-9489-1BDBE6325023.jpeg
    51534C72-E217-4832-9489-1BDBE6325023.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 44

amike90

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Ordered 2.5T Advanced in mid-September (GTHA) and was told November/December. Dealer mentioned last week that a shipment was expected to leave in the next 1-2 weeks and they should then have a better idea of what timing is looking like based on what shows up

Leoo

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I'm in Edmonton too! Ordered 2.5T back to mid Sep, was told by the sales guy that they might arriving at late Dec, like 4 months wait, i guess the waiting story for 2.5 had changed to a longer waiting time then, lol

TimM

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hey everyone, new to the forum here and can't wait for this vehicle to arrive but the dealer is telling me that due to the chip shortage I'll likely have to wait until January 2022 - did anyone else have to wait this long?
Also, does anyone have a review of this Advanced trim level? Every review I've seen online is for the top trim and it's been difficult to even get a good understanding of what my vehicle will actually look like...
Ordered mine at the beginning of October, 2.5t red with cream interior, still don't have a build date. All I get told is they will know more when they have a Vin number.

spoilers716

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hey everyone, new to the forum here and can't wait for this vehicle to arrive but the dealer is telling me that due to the chip shortage I'll likely have to wait until January 2022 - did anyone else have to wait this long?
Also, does anyone have a review of this Advanced trim level? Every review I've seen online is for the top trim and it's been difficult to even get a good understanding of what my vehicle will actually look like...
Hello i have the select advanced packages the vehicle is very nice

Attachments

• gen1.jpg
    gen1.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 26
  • gen3.jpg
    gen3.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 24

TimM

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Ordered mine beginning of October and still no idea of delivery. Was told they were prioritizing Genesis due to the new products etc. Seems a little hopeful. Now thinking it may be a Christmas present which is nice but a pain as I don't want to put winter tires on my current car and the snow is due next week.

dklanecky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Maybe this is obvious, but I'm starting to think that since the factory has limited production capability, and limited parts, and chips, and the price differential is what it is between the 2.5T and the 3.5T, maybe all we're going to see for the for seeable future is the 3.5T versions? More money for Genesis/Hyundai and for the dealers for each vehicle sold.

Pearl

Registered Member
BC, Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I got in on the early order, last day of May, Prestige 2.5 in Canada. Was told expect a mid to late Aug arrival. A month later, Salesman said
the 3.5s will be built first so probably Sept. Then the chip issue came up, I figured not until Nov. Surprised with a call early Sept, my VIN was at the dealership. Pick up date was Sept 20th. No discounts even though I pushed for something... anything.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

r19

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Ordered a 2.5T Advanced Plus in White with Havana Brown at the end of July in Toronto. Received a call two weeks ago with the VIN number and the delivery date which is mid December. Car is on a ship.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners