Ordered my GV70 2.5T Advanced (Canada) this week - how long did you have to wait for yours?

Dubs4Life

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I purchased the Uyuni White with Havana Brown 2.5T Advanced plus
Same spec as we just ordered on Monday; looking forward to your pictures too ;)

We're told at least 4 months, so we're hoping it shows up on or before my wife's birthday in February.

r19

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Same spec as we just ordered on Monday; looking forward to your pictures too ;)

We're told at least 4 months, so we're hoping it shows up on or before my wife's birthday in February.
Sure. Found this on a Facebook GV70 page : Facebook

250748801_10165853732590652_3398880439829306968_n.jpg
as

Blackstone99

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Got my VIN today, vehicle is in Canada and the delivery date is 2-3weeks according to the email I got. Ended up switching colours to Himalayan Grey as they ended up not having a Blue as first thought. So from my experience if they have in port inventory it’s looking like 4-5weeks for the whole process.

Cpoppy99

RVA2DMV2RVA.NEXT STOP UNKNOWN.
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hey everyone, new to the forum here and can't wait for this vehicle to arrive but the dealer is telling me that due to the chip shortage I'll likely have to wait until January 2022 - did anyone else have to wait this long?
Also, does anyone have a review of this Advanced trim level? Every review I've seen online is for the top trim and it's been difficult to even get a good understanding of what my vehicle will actually look like...
I ordered the same package in Richmond VA, put a down payment on it and they told Mr 4-6 months. It's been a month so far. Don't be upset over 2 months

wuffy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Did a down payment in August. Checked in on status last week and it is looking like 6 months for me so hopefully in February. Kind of weird doing a test drive in 100 degree heat and then getting a vehicle when there will be piles of snow on the ground.

tester_m

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I ordered the same package in Richmond VA, put a down payment on it and they told Mr 4-6 months. It's been a month so far. Don't be upset over 2 months
I'm not upset over 2 months, I made this post back in September - I'm in the same boat as you!

spoilers716

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
not great pics but ok

Attachments

• gen1.jpg
    gen1.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 28
  • gen2.jpg
    gen2.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 28
  • gen3.jpg
    gen3.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 26
  • gen4.jpg
    gen4.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 28
  • gen5.jpg
    gen5.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Gen7.jpeg
    Gen7.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 28

Sasbo

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
A bit of information that may be of some help to potential GV70 owners who have ordered a non stock model that will be built at the Ulsan Manufacturing facility.

I ordered my GV70 through the London Genesis Studio (UK) on 16th Sept'21 and received confirmation today, 12th Nov'21 that my bespoke order GV70 has been built and I was given the assigned VIN. So that's roughly two months from ordering.

Shipping is next and that will take 6-8 weeks according to Genesis.

This is a positive indication that Hyundai/Genesis are recovering well from the COVID/Chip issues that impacted their manufacturing plants earlier this year.

Moosetafa02

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
All the roads and rail washouts in British Columbia certainly aren’t going to help anything lol. Port of Vancouver is basically closed.

JasonisGreen

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Got mine today, ordered first week August, in Montreal.
When did they call you and inform it was on the way? When was the VIN # available?

Ordered mine end of August in Ontario and no VIN listed online yet :(

Protru

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
When did they call you and inform it was on the way? When was the VIN # available?

Ordered mine end of August in Ontario and no VIN listed online yet :(
My experience with my VIN# was a little different than what most people here have been saying. My dealer was saying I had a VIN, but when I logged in I wasn't seeing it. I waited a few days and then brought it up that I still wasn't seeing it so he said "no problem I will upload it" and then I was able to see it. It seems he had to manually do it and wasn't automatic, you might want to call your dealer and ask. Having said that, as for timing I looked back through my emails and on October 4th is when he told me my car was on a boat and should be ready November 19th. Unfortunately if your dealer can't tell you that much most likely it's over a month away still.

Dubs4Life

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
My experience with my VIN# was a little different than what most people here have been saying. My dealer was saying I had a VIN, but when I logged in I wasn't seeing it. I waited a few days and then brought it up that I still wasn't seeing it so he said "no problem I will upload it" and then I was able to see it. It seems he had to manually do it and wasn't automatic, you might want to call your dealer and ask. Having said that, as for timing I looked back through my emails and on October 4th is when he told me my car was on a boat and should be ready November 19th. Unfortunately if your dealer can't tell you that much most likely it's over a month away still.
Do you know if it made it past BC prior to the recent disaster? Hoping for your sake it’s not far away!

Marcel.c

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
J'ai reçu le mien aujourd'hui, commandé la première semaine d'août, à Montréal.
Avez Vous commander un 3.5 ou 2.5 turbo ?

Protru

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Do you know if it made it past BC prior to the recent disaster? Hoping for your sake it’s not far away!
Yes I picked it up last night! Actually got to Montreal last Wednesday, the 10th, but there were some contract issues that took way too long to get figured out.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Blackstone99

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Picking mine up today. Put deposit down on Oct 24th and it showed up at the dealer on Nov 16th 3.5tt Sport Himalayan Grey, Edmonton

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners