Bad Orlando Hyundai

NikonMan

Registered Member
Orlando FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I wanted a G80 Sport in gray, finally located one here. Spoke with a salesman, verified it was available, did an online credit app, was told they could keep the payment under $900, so far so good.

Arrive at the dealer, they take a quick look at my trade in, and come back with a payment of $1,150. Turns out they want me to pay MSRP for a demo with over 1,300 miles on it. On top of that they have a mandatory $1,500 exterior/interior protection add on and a $500 add on for window tint/nitrogen filled tires, in addition to an $800 dealer fee. Back and forth, back and forth, had to play the "give me my keys back, we're done" card twice. We finally get things worked out to a payment of $944 which I can live with by them waiving the add ons and adjusting the trade in value. Took 3 1/2 hours even though I had pre-approved financing. Salesman mentioned twice he was going to make sure the tank was full ("full tank of gas" is on the window sticker). Drive away, the tank is at 3/4, I don't care at this point, just get me out. Take a look the next morning, there is NO tint on the windows, which makes me question if the paint and leather protection was actually done as well.

I was also told I had to arrange insurance before I could leave, which I know is crap as I have a 30 day grace period under my current policy. I was also promised a follow up call "in a day or two" to see how everything is with the car, it's been five days and I have had zero contact. Fortunately there are other dealers near enough that I can use for scheduled maintenance, they will never see me or my car again.

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Maybe a better plan would be to have a spare key in your pocket. When it's time to say "give me my keys back" and they don't respond, say "I'll have my lawyer ask for my keys back and the head out the door. I bet when you half way to the door, they give you the deal you want or immediately hand over your keys, especially if there are other customers in the showroom.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

NikonMan

Registered Member
Orlando FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
We knew we had 1.9% financing, so the financed amount had to work out to the number we had in mind. I know dealers always play with the underlying numbers, our primary concern was the loan amount with $0 additional out of pocket, which is why we talked payment and not principal. If I ever buy a new car again I'll follow all your recommendations. Live, learn, and love my Genesis. :)

jrosen9

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am looking to make my purchase soon and would not want to deal with that. Is this the Genesis Dealer on 17-92 near Maitland or the one on off of Colonial/50 in west Orlando?

NikonMan

Registered Member
Orlando FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I am looking to make my purchase soon and would not want to deal with that. Is this the Genesis Dealer on 17-92 near Maitland or the one on off of Colonial/50 in west Orlando?
This is the one on Colonial. Holler on 17-92 are much more pleasant to deal with and I believe they do not do any mandatory add-ons.

HeartGod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Good to know this as I live in Orlando and am considering a G80. Did you shop at other dealers as well?

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

HeartGod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thank you for this information. I think it will come in handy when negotiating If the Orlando dealers are not willing to play ball, then going to the space Coast is not that far away.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The first dealership I went to played the key game. I had full intentions of buying my G80 from them but when I walked into the door the first thing I noticed was the dealership look like a dump. The SalesRep was nice enough and we took a test drive. They were willing to give me the price I wanted for my tradein but when I ask questions like do you have the Conciege service they said no. So my feeling was they didn't really want to be a Genesis dealer and I decided to leave but when I asked for my keys back the SalesRep kept coming back with an excuse why the other manger wouldn't give them to him. I finally said on for the 3rd time I want my keys and I want them now! Took them and left. Drove to another dealership and made a deal that night. They have taken good care of me since.

FYI $800 fee for paperwork is a joke! It's 100% profit for them. The dealer I walked away from wanted like $500. The dealer I bought from was like $200 which is still too high.

HeartGod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The first dealership I went to played the key game. I had full intentions of buying my G80 from them but when I walked into the door the first thing I noticed was the dealership look like a dump. The SalesRep was nice enough and we took a test drive. They were willing to give me the price I wanted for my tradein but when I ask questions like do you have the Conciege service they said no. So my feeling was they didn't really want to be a Genesis dealer and I decided to leave but when I asked for my keys back the SalesRep kept coming back with an excuse why the other manger wouldn't give them to him. I finally said on for the 3rd time I want my keys and I want them now! Took them and left. Drove to another dealership and made a deal that night. They have taken good care of me since.

FYI $800 fee for paperwork is a joke! It's 100% profit for them. The dealer I walked away from wanted like $500. The dealer I bought from was like $200 which is still too high.
Do you mind if I ask where you purchased?

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Sorry I didn't and didn't mean it to come across that way I was just pointing out as another had that dealers can play these key games and suggest when they do to walk away.

G-121531

Thank you for this information. I think it will come in handy when negotiating If the Orlando dealers are not willing to play ball, then going to the space Coast is not that far away.
I am the Genesis Experience Manager at Genesis of Cocoa on 520 in cocoa. I am not that much further if you want a smooth process I am your guy. My number is 321-200-5096 if you need any help at all. I have in stock units and access to any color I may not have. and My dealer does the Genesis Concierge As well. Give us a chance and you wont regret it.

HeartGod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am the Genesis Experience Manager at Genesis of Cocoa on 520 in cocoa. I am not that much further if you want a smooth process I am your guy. My number is 321-200-5096 if you need any help at all. I have in stock units and access to any color I may not have. and My dealer does the Genesis Concierge As well. Give us a chance and you wont regret it.
Thanks/ plan to take some test drives of Genesis and some other vehicles this weekend.