OTD price for G80 with or without pkg

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thanks for the reply TurtleBoy.

I am in Ohio and the option to roll up the tax into the payment is possible I believe.

Unfortunately, I am hesitant on getting a "new" car with that many miles on it. Call me old fashioned , but when I buy my cars new, I always like taking delivery with less than 30 miles on the odo. I know, weird.

So I am considering either purchasing the car outright with cash, or if it saves me more, then leasing and then buying after 1-3 months to take advantage of "lease cash". I will see if I can get more details. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
I agree with you, I personally probably wouldn't do it even with steep discounts. The leasing and then buying could make sense just make sure to review all documents beforehand to see if there are any penalties, fees or specific timeframe requirements.

You will also want to check on the warranty both when you get it, as to when it started, and if there will be any implications if you buy it with an early lease termination.

BrainDoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I agree with you, I personally probably wouldn't do it even with steep discounts. The leasing and then buying could make sense just make sure to review all documents beforehand to see if there are any penalties, fees or specific timeframe requirements.

You will also want to check on the warranty both when you get it, as to when it started, and if there will be any implications if you buy it with an early lease termination.
Good tips, thank you for bringing these points to my attention. Will get back with specific numbers when the dealer responds.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Unfortunately, I am hesitant on getting a "new" car with that many miles on it. Call me old fashioned , but when I buy my cars new, I always like taking delivery with less than 30 miles on the odo. I know, weird.
Not wierd at all. I agree. If you’re playing for a new car, you should get a new car.

The leasing and then buying could make sense just make sure to review all documents beforehand to see if there are any penalties, fees or specific timeframe requirements.

If it’s the standard Genesis lease there should be no penalties or early termination fees. You will still have the end of lease fee but it shouldn’t be much.

BrainDoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not wierd at all. I agree. If you’re playing for a new car, you should get a new car.

If it’s the standard Genesis lease there should be no penalties or early termination fees. You will still have the end of lease fee but it shouldn’t be much.
So theoretically I could just pay the rest of the car off with a check and not pay any penalties?

BrainDoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
View attachment 16403

Received this quote" on a "new" car with 2,600+ miles on the odo.
Here are the remaining numbers:
Money Factor: .001530
Acquistion Fee: 650.00
Doc Fee: 250.00
Residual Value: 28,269.60

Apparently the "additional" $750 off is for the high miles on the "new" vehicle that the owner used as his personal car apparently. Ha.

BrainDoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Apparently the "additional" $750 off is for the high miles on the "new" vehicle that the owner used as his personal car apparently. Ha.
Has anyone compared a 2017 Maserati Ghibli S Q4? They are about 53k with about 10k miles. Apparently some of these dealers think their "new" but clearly used g80 sports are equivikabt or pricier than a loaded Maserati?...

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

There would be why the payment is higher, they are marking up the money factor. I don't want to get personal but if you have good credit that MF should be .00113, that is the Genesis number for November. They may be marking it up to get extra from you. The acquisition fee is also weird since Genesis charges $750, are they maybe going to a third party leasing company?

BrainDoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
There would be why the payment is higher, they are marking up the money factor. I don't want to get personal but if you have good credit that MF should be .00113, that is the Genesis number for November. They may be marking it up to get extra from you. The acquisition fee is also weird since Genesis charges $750, are they maybe going to a third party leasing company?
My credit is excellent. The sales rep seemed shady in their communications with me. I'm no longer going to pursue negotiating with them.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My credit is excellent. The sales rep seemed shady in their communications with me. I'm no longer going to pursue negotiating with them.
Sounds like he was trying to get some extra money out of you by marking it up or sending the lease to a third party but not sure since there is lease cash involved. The sales tax seemed quite high also but not sure of all the Ohio rules on that.

Before shutting down maybe go back to him with what the numbers should be. Below is a link to the leasehacker calculator that I used to plug in your numbers to come up with a payment. On that I have the acquisition fee in the lease and the rest of the fees/taxes paid up front. Take a look at it and let me know if you have any questions.

leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Genesis&msrp=58895&sales_price=49895&months=36&mf=.00113&dp=0&doc_fee=250&acq_fee=750&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=48&reg_fee=283.50&sales_tax=5.75&memo=&totalLeaseTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
BrainDoc Thank you for posting that offer. I will use it. If the dealers there are anything like the dealers here you will not get the 6000 off unless you lease. I am also looking at one car with 3500 miles on it but it says it new executive driven. So that is the same as what you are looking at. They are offering 10% off the list price of the car but when you look at the lease info they offer nothing but the 6000 that Hyundia is paying. I will see what they come up with when I go in Tuesday.

Oh here is a link to Consumer Reports with information about buying or leasing. I never considered leasing before but I am really considering it now. It only costs a little more to drive a newer car half the time always be under warranty and have no risk. Hmmmmm.

Leasing vs. Buying a New Car

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
BrainDoc Thank you for posting that offer. I will use it. If the dealers there are anything like the dealers here you will not get the 6000 off unless you lease. I am also looking at one car with 3500 miles on it but it says it new executive driven. So that is the same as what you are looking at. They are offering 10% off the list price of the car but when you look at the lease info they offer nothing but the 6000 that Hyundia is paying. I will see what they come up with when I go in Tuesday.

Oh here is a link to Consumer Reports with information about buying or leasing. I never considered leasing before but I am really considering it now. It only costs a little more to drive a newer car half the time always be under warranty and have no risk. Hmmmmm.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you. Yes, leasing can be good if you always want to drive a newer vehicle, not worry about out of warranty, etc. In the 80's and 90's I leased quite a few cars and trucks since I always wanted to have something newer. Let us know how it goes.

BrainDoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Thanks for the link and info. Would you mind sharing what they end up offering you? Thanks

I can share a few more quotes I have been getting. Make sure if you have a Costco membership to use CostcoAuto.com. I got a lower price on different vehicles using them.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Do you really think that is a good deal, even when you remove the $1,999 disadvantage program? Or are you being facetious?
No, I was being serious. Without that the price is 53,597 which seems to be a pretty good discount compared to the other offers him and mgg have been getting for the 2018s. Then lease it and get the $6k lease cash and he will be down to 47,597. Even though there would be some extra fees the $6k would more than cover either sticking with the lease or getting out early.

donnykidd

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
No, I was being serious. Without that the price is 53,597 which seems to be a pretty good discount compared to the other offers him and mgg have been getting for the 2018s. Then lease it and get the $6k lease cash and he will be down to 47,597. Even though there would be some extra fees the $6k would more than cover either sticking with the lease or getting out early.
The 6k lease cash makes it palatable, $47,597 for AWD is good for a 2018. This late in the year thinking one can do better. Picked mine up in May G80 sport RWD no lease $48,599 before taxes and fees.

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.