OTD price for G80 with or without pkg

dsiles

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
2017 G80 RWD 5.0 Ultimate
Parisian Grey / Black
MSRP $55,600
OTD $47,890 (Loyalty coupons, discount cash, president's day sale)
FL Taxes - 6%, $800 doc fee, $225 title / plate transfer included.

dsiles

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Very good price I think. Just to clarify, $47,890 includes the tax, doc fees and title/plate transfer or those are additional?
Yes all those fees are included in the OTD price. I just broke out what they were but they are included in final price paid.

Hoosier Dave

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I leased my G-80 on Jan 30, 2017 with 4K down, 12,000 miles per year at $317/mo. That included taxes, license plates, etc. The car is the basic model with a 43,000 sticker price. The dealer even delivered the car to my driveway since I had made the 30 minute drive to his dealership a couple days in a row as I was making the decision.

as400guy

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I drove home my new G80 RWD 3.8L Ultimate (Feature Group 02) Friday. Sticker $47,270.

$43,270 Price
2,000- Conquest & Uber
2,586+ TX Sales Tax
535+ TT&L + Junk fees

$44,391 OTD

Dr_jitsu

The above prices are excellent. If you printed them out and showed them to a G80 dealer could he/she replicated the deal?

Nardly

I paid $40745 OTD for 2016 G80 V6 rwd all packages w/6800 miles. Love the car. Came with warranty where some Hyundai dealerships were charging for the remainder of the warranty.

Hotboi

I leased my G-80 on Jan 30, 2017 with 4K down, 12,000 miles per year at $317/mo. That included taxes, license plates, etc. The car is the basic model with a 43,000 sticker price. The dealer even delivered the car to my driveway since I had made the 30 minute drive to his dealership a couple days in a row as I was making the decision.
Hey, I was thinking of leasing a G80 as well, how's that working out for you. What's the pros and cons of leasing this car. I know lower monthly payments but what about afterwards?

Hoosier Dave

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I guess leasing the G-80 is like leasing any other car and I have leased my last 10 cars (my wife's cars included). I lease because I get bored with cars quickly, can predict my mileage, and don't like to blow my cash flow with a big down payment--and I don't want an obscenely high monthly nut. A lot of people who lease don't realize that they are negotiable just like when you're buying one. I always go in with a top end down payment that I am willing to pay and a monthly payment goal--with a 12K mileage per year allowance. Then if you like the Genesis warranty and service, it is a done deal. So far we really like the car.

blizer

$10,000 DISCOUNT--- Michigan discount is true!

Apparently Genesis is offering Michigan promotion of $10,000 for residents only (ID Michigan drivers license) to compete with the large volume of American car company employee pricing the Detroit area. Still can get some additional discount off MSRP from the dealer. Check out Detroit areas web sites. I spoke with one of them yesterday. I asked about new 2017 G80. I'm out of state and can't figure out how to make it work for me due to cost of transfer and paying state taxes twice.
If I had a close relative with Michigan ID it would work.
Also every G80 owner could sell used and buy new for very little cash out at current market prices.

50jae

$10,000 DISCOUNT--- Michigan discount is true!

Apparently Genesis is offering Michigan promotion of $10,000 for residents only (ID Michigan drivers license) to compete with the large volume of American car company employee pricing the Detroit area. Still can get some additional discount off MSRP from the dealer. Check out Detroit areas web sites. I spoke with one of them yesterday. I asked about new 2017 G80. I'm out of state and can't figure out how to make it work for me due to cost of transfer and paying state taxes twice.
If I had a close relative with Michigan ID it would work.
Also every G80 owner could sell used and buy new for very little cash out at current market prices.
I was in the market back in January and was interested in getting a used 2015 genesis from Michigan from a dealer. The guy who picked up the phone immediately said after picking up the phone that all G80 models will be sold at 9k below sticker. That would have meant paying about $4k more for a new 2017 G80 base versus the used model (tech package) I was looking at. I was set on flying over for this deal but my heart sank when he confirmed that it's limited to michigan residents only lol. It's crazy how cheap you can buy brand new G80s in Michigan...

phanjo33

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I haven't seen an update on this thread for a while.

I wonder how others are doing with negotiating with the dealers.
I'm in LA area, and since 2018 G80 models have hit the market, negotiating with Genesis dealers have been more difficult. Their selling price is just 2k or 2.5k off from MSRP on the base G80.

I can get a better deal with Lexus, BMW and Mercedes on their competitive models.

It might be just supply and demand resulted from Genesis HQ in South Korean not shipping as many as G80s, but it's pretty frustrating as I'd like to get G80 rather than getting what everyone else has.

2017Genesis3.8

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
2017 Genesis G80 3.8 patagonia blue premium pkg. (Option 2)
OTD 42975 39941 price for the car Tax Title and License
Car was used as the Loaner for other Genesis owners. It was titled NEW to me and had all warranties. Including the 3 years of sirius xm, nav maps etc.

We looked at a local dealer where they told us they didn't deal and sold at MSRP. We then began calling everyone with in 150 miles and got anywhere from 2k to less off. We found a dealer that would in fact sell a brand new 2017 G80 premium pkg. for 41900.
That was hard to beat. A dealer closer to us then gave us the offer for 39941 and we took it.

damtachoa

Registered Member
r_spec said:
I paid 45.3k OTD (43.5k before tax) for a brand new 2018 G80 Sport.
I'm sorry to say bad word but you're a f**king joke. This is almost July 4, not April fool. How the hell did you get that price $45,300 OTD with only $1,800 tax?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.