OTD price for G80 with or without pkg

Hasn't posted much yet...
Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Henderson has had 2019s for about a month already. We have members here that have bought from them. Currently 5 G80s, one being a Sport.

Henderson G80s
Yeah but unfortunately I’m not a Grey color fan. You can find the Himalayan Grey anywhere. They have a black 5.0 while not a Sport, I am going to see what kind of deal if any they offer.

Prospective G80 Owner

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks for the heads up! Tons more cars on there vs Edmunds. I have a glimmer of hope now!
That's less than the 2018 I was looking at with $6000 lease cash. That is a great deal. If it's all legit I would purchase that car in a heart beat.

orion007

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This really explains why the dealers are asking so much for 18's. No one was able to get 19's and Genesis did not produce or ship many 18's. I will likely be waiting until the 2019 are available before I purchase.

235/40R19XLhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=486&v=7CiFUwk86q0
They need to heavy discount them. Genesis only sold a little over 200 cars last month and dealers are paying floor plan on all the year old cars.

BrainDoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
They need to heavy discount them. Genesis only sold a little over 200 cars last month and dealers are paying floor plan on all the year old cars.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the dealers care. I guess their pockets will pay for it come January. I've noticed the dealers who never got licenses to sell genesis seem to be more cocky and arrogant (and unprofessional).

dadgonebroke

Nature Coast of Florida
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
All the G80's I've found were being used as loaners. I found a base G80 with 1100 miles at $4500 discount but with $1300 in "fees." Then they lowballed my '12- 3.8 @ $6500.

BrainDoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
All the G80's I've found were being used as loaners. I found a base G80 with 1100 miles at $4500 discount but with $1300 in "fees." Then they lowballed my '12- 3.8 @ $6500.
Most are not loaners but "exec" cars, meaning one of the managers drove the crap out of it until they reached the mileage limit before they have to label it as used (which is 5k in Ohio).

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Now that the 2019's are shipping I had one of the dealers I was working with in WI send me an email stating that if I was still interested in the 18 they will not refuse any reasonable offer. I emailed them back that I no longer want a 1 year old car I'm looking at 2019's now. I will get serious about this again in the spring around April. I will actually be in a better position all the way around and hope that Hyundai will have its sh*t together by then. I have no problem flying to a different state to pick one up if I can save several thousand dollars. I have a Hyundai dealer in the city where I live who I assume can and will do any warranty or service work even though they do not sell Genesis.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

BrainDoc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That is not correct from the information members here have received from Genesis. Starting with the 2019 models only Genesis dealers can do warranty and prepaid maintenance.

For example:

Speaking of this...I can confirm. I actually made a phone call to Corporate today...as I might be in a situation like this.

Genesis cars 2019+ can ONLY be serviced by a Genesis dealer. No if's and's or but's.

The Concierge Service is good for a 50 mile radius. After that...they will still do it...but it will take a lot longer. If you are within the radius...you have like a 2 day lead time. Otherwise...it could be 1.5 to 2 weeks.

Warranty work out of 'Dealership' area
Ohhhh, this is a problem for me....

Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
So if you have a “Genesis” approved dealership 40 miles away and you have a lease on said car, do they deduct the 80 miles round trip from your lease miles?

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So if you have a “Genesis” approved dealership 40 miles away and you have a lease on said car, do they deduct the 80 miles round trip from your lease miles?
That is a very interest question. Maintenence is not a big deal because it will be just a couple of times a year but what about Warranty issues too?

iqjumpuw

Getting familiar with the group...
That is a very interest question. Maintenence is not a big deal because it will be just a couple of times a year but what about Warranty issues too?
Unfortunately no. They wouldn't reimbursement the mileage for you to drive to the dealership so why would they reimbursement you for the valet service?

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Ouch? This is really good to know. The dealer in Milwaukee is only 37 miles away and they are the largest Hyundai dealer in WI but will they become a Genesis dealer? And if I don't purchase a car from them because they are too high priced and I can get a much better deal in say South Carolina can I take a car there that I purchased out of state? Or use their concierge service? Or more importantly would I even want to?
One thing is for sure you can have your service done at an oil exchange for the type of savings I see at the SC dealer. So the only issue would be warranty service.