OTD price for G80 with or without pkg

SNSN

Registered Member
Just picked my 2018 G80 Sport.
OTD lease price was $639 including tax / 36 mos, 12K / year. With $2000 out of pocket including 1st month.
They absorbed 5 payments on my 2014 Equus at $755/ month.

jmcgary

Hasn't posted much yet...
Just picked my 2018 G80 Sport.
OTD lease price was $639 including tax / 36 mos, 12K / year. With $2000 out of pocket including 1st month.
They absorbed 5 payments on my 2014 Equus at $755/ month.
Congratulations SNSN,
Looks like you made a great deal! I know if I could have gotten a similar deal on a purchase I would have pulled the trigger on the Sport instead of the Base Model 2018 G80 I ended up buying. Again, congrats!
John

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Should be able to get 10%. I did a few weeks go, plus got a good trade. When I bought my 2015 I did even better with TrueCar but it was at the end of the model year and possibly better incentives.

carltonsisk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
2017 G80 Ultimate 3.8 AWD. MSRP 53080. Price 39000. 424+tax/month. 36/12k. First payment down.

silberma

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
To those of you who are congratulating yourself on the good deal that you got on a new Genesis. You should read the following article and maybe you will buy used

"The Hyundai Genesis is at the top of the list of vehicles that depreciate the most and quickest. The Genesis competes with other luxury cars, but lacks the brand appeal of an established luxury vehicle. Its price tag is comparable to Mercedes or Lexus models, but it will lose 38 percent of its purchase value within the first 12 months. This is a drawback if buying brand new, but could be considered a benefit if buying used."

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
To those of you who are congratulating yourself on the good deal that you got on a new Genesis. You should read the following article and maybe you will buy used.
You would be correct if car buying was a truly rational decision. A good friend of mine, as well as millions of others, never buy new preferring a well depreciated 3 or 4 year old model. The '15 I traded in a month ago is going to be a good buy for the next owner. If we bought solely for the needs of transportation and utility, I'd not be driving a Genesis. Reality is, few of us need anything more than a stripped down Elantra or if more room is needed, that '71 Ford station wagon.

Last month I bought a G80 Ultra. The only rational portion of the buy that I can justify is that my wife liked the Blue car better than the 2 year old gray one. Yeah, that makes sense. Had steak for dinner tonight but could have gotten all my nutritional needs with a blob of tofu.

ReneL

Getting familiar with the group...
To those of you who are congratulating yourself on the good deal that you got on a new Genesis. You should read the following article and maybe you will buy used

"The Hyundai Genesis is at the top of the list of vehicles that depreciate the most and quickest. The Genesis competes with other luxury cars, but lacks the brand appeal of an established luxury vehicle. Its price tag is comparable to Mercedes or Lexus models, but it will lose 38 percent of its purchase value within the first 12 months. This is a drawback if buying brand new, but could be considered a benefit if buying used."
Too late. Deal done and so far no regrets, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

You would be correct if car buying was a truly rational decision. A good friend of mine, as well as millions of others, never buy new preferring a well depreciated 3 or 4 year old model. The '15 I traded in a month ago is going to be a good buy for the next owner. If we bought solely for the needs of transportation and utility, I'd not be driving a Genesis. Reality is, few of us need anything more than a stripped down Elantra or if more room is needed, that '71 Ford station wagon.

Last month I bought a G80 Ultra. The only rational portion of the buy that I can justify is that my wife liked the Blue car better than the 2 year old gray one. Yeah, that makes sense. Had steak for dinner tonight but could have gotten all my nutritional needs with a blob of tofu.
Well put.

Additionally, there are those of us who, perhaps irrationally so, have never bought used because I prefer, what to me is experienced, as more piece of mind when I buy a car that has the benefit of the full warranty, new car smell, no one else's aura in the car, etc. lol

Posts like that one always amaze me. If sincere, they would seem more appropriate in a forum where folks were asking questions indicating they were considering purchasing, not after. Maybe it's for the "Gotcha" effect. :)

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

But then you end up with a used car and maybe someone else’s problems and no original owner warranty. . Furthermore the depreciation is the most significant if you plan to sell it within 12 months. The longer you keep it the less important depreciation is. Finally, as the Genesis brand becomes more established and prestigious, look for the depreciation to decrease.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Additionally, there are those of us who, perhaps irrationally so, have never bought used because I prefer, what to me is experienced, as more piece of mind when I buy a car that has the benefit of the full warranty, new car smell, no one else's aura in the car, etc. lol
I had my share of used cars from crap to decent but when I reached the point to be able to buy new, I did. I was looking at buying a new Buick LeSabre. The dealer showed me a demo with 1500 miles and super price. When I looked at it I saw a cigarette burn in the seat. Nope, not for me. Thankfully, there are buyers or our trade in would be even lower.
No sensible financial planner will tell you to buy a high end new car, but they will tell you to invest with them so they can afford to buy one.

cviz

Registered Member
I don’t think there is a Luxury car in existence that doesn’t depreciate rapidly. Was looking at a 2016 Audi A8L brand new it listed for over 80k, now with 20K to 30k miles on it you can pick it up for 45K or less.

palloverspec

Sustaining Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I bit the bullet. I recently purchased a used 2017 G80 5.0 Ultimate with 5500 miles on it. Financing was 1.99 %. I got a new car loan from my credit union because the mileage was under 10,000.

Sale price was $42988.00.

Love the heads-up display.

Found out the car was driven by a Hyundai executive.

Used to own a 2012 R-Spec sedan.

palloverspec

Sustaining Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Yes. I got it as a CPO. Since the car was not titled, I got all the maintenance, power train and standard 5 year warranty. I was trying to obtain a CPO wrap from Hyundai, but I was told by the finance manager since Hyundai has changed for their luxury brand to Genesis, they have not come out with a CPO wrap. In addition, my credit union stated something similar because they offer an extended warranty through Mercury Insurance.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.