OTD price for G80 with or without pkg

donnykidd

Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I test drove a G80 sport last night for the first time and left somewhat disappointed with the acceleration. Regardless if stopped still or driving 65 on the highway, when hitting the pedal there is a 2-second delay of dead time before reaching 3000 rpm when it comes to life. Is it me or that the way it is?

In other news, no new rebates for May, however, Hyundai is offering flex-cash to the dealer. Anyone know how aggressive dealers can be with it? What $$ one could expect. Following two consecutive months (April 21% & May 26%) of negative year over year growth, one would expect a strong kick in the ass to push sales.

Windchaser

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I test drove a G80 sport last night for the first time and left somewhat disappointed with the acceleration. Regardless if stopped still or driving 65 on the highway, when hitting the pedal there is a 2-second delay of dead time before reaching 3000 rpm when it comes to life. Is it me or that the way it is?

In other news, no new rebates for May, however, Hyundai is offering flex-cash to the dealer. Anyone know how aggressive dealers can be with it? What $$ one could expect. Following two consecutive months (April 21% & May 26%) of negative year over year growth, one would expect a strong kick in the ass to push sales.
Were you in Sport mode? THere is a significant difference in acceleration between Sport mode and Normal or Eco, with Eco being the most sluggish.

donnykidd

Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Is it fair to assume when you want to drop the hammer, first switch to sport mode. Say on the highway. Having 3 modes, what mode is represented on the window sticker for mileage?

Windchaser

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Is it fair to assume when you want to drop the hammer, first switch to sport mode. Say on the highway. Having 3 modes, what mode is represented on the window sticker for mileage?
The first two things I do after I start the car is enable “Auto Hold” and switch to Sport mode. The only time I switch to Notmal or Eco is when I’m in heavy traffic. Otherwise I always drive in Sport mode.

I track my mileage and so far my overall average is about 21.5 MPG.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
I drive in ECO mode most of the time since going to work everyday I'm in stop and go traffic. In Sport mode the rpms are held higher so I would guess you lose a little on gas mileage but not much in normal driving. But I have to say it's a lot more fun to drive in Sport mode.

bthor

Hasn't posted much yet...
San Diego
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Would like it if this post could stay on topic (OUT THE DOOR PRICE) - along with location. Getting close to having to turn my vw diesels in & making a 2018/2019 genesis purchase.
Thx whiner bthor

Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The best quote I found is 59k out the door for sport awd in Maryland if anyone interested. Pretty disappointed with the numbers.
Skinner - The dealer that gave you that number didnt qualify you as a potential buyer. Read through this thread, there is alot of great information. Do your due dilligence and be ready to close the deal you want. Im working on my deal right now and will post after I take delivery.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Bought a G80 Sport last night. Worked with numerous dealerships and the best I got /found was $51k before lease incentives. Florida has $899 Doc Fees, tax and tag.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
zkinner

Here was my deal. Probably not the best ever but I worked hard to get this:
2018 Genesis G80 Sport (SIBERIAN ICE)
36 Months / 15K Miles
NO trade
Zero Down
$56,495 MSRP
$51,000 Negotiated Price
$1,500 Lease Rebate
$899 Doc Fee
Taxes, Tage, etc.
$735.03/Month

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Skinner - The dealer that gave you that number didnt qualify you as a potential buyer. Read through this thread, there is alot of great information. Do your due dilligence and be ready to close the deal you want. Im working on my deal right now and will post after I take delivery.
Which dealership are you dealing with in VA? I did not have a good experience with fitzgerald Hyundai at Rockville

Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Very happy to announce delivery of my 2018 Genesis G80 Sport RWD, Himalayan Grey w/Black interior. After several weeks of researching and working with dealers, I closed my deal for $51k OTD. Includes all taxes, fees, lic & reg, and Uber rebate.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.