Oval tip removal

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I want these dual round tips. The size, color etc.. just looks perfect to me. I don't know what size they are... SO, can I just get something like the dual tips shown below and have them welded to the end of the exhaust? Do those stock oval chrome pieces come off easily?

1616298925523.png

1616298664219.png

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I want these dual round tips. The size, color etc.. just looks perfect to me. I don't know what size they are... SO, can I just get something like the dual tips shown below and have them welded to the end of the exhaust? Do those stock oval chrome pieces come off easily?

View attachment 35186

View attachment 35185
The stock oval and dual tips are removal rear bumper trim pieces that covers the true exhaust tips coming out the mufflers, so you can just have a shop bolt(exhaust clamps) or weld on some aftermarket tips on for you.

Those tips does look nice.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They do look nice. I think not only do you need to remove the oval trim but, also trim bumper plastic for them to fit possibly never being able to install oval trim again.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The stock oval and dual tips are removal rear bumper trim pieces that covers the true exhaust tips coming out the mufflers, so you can just have a shop bolt(exhaust clamps) or weld on some aftermarket tips on for you.

Those tips does look nice.
Ok, good to know. Thanks for the info

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They do look nice. I think not only do you need to remove the oval trim but, also trim bumper plastic for them to fit possibly never being able to install oval trim again.

Yeah, I see now that it's trimmed. Thanks.

I suppose smaller tips are an option to fit within the oval...hmm.. but I love these larger ones...

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, I see now that it's trimmed. Thanks.

I suppose smaller tips are an option to fit within the oval...hmm.. but I love these larger ones...
I agree, that does look really nice.

Where are those dual tips from? Do they have an option for smaller openings?

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are 4 screws on the back of the bumper to remove the chrome trim. Super easy to take off.

For tips, the max you can do without cutting/trimming is 3-inch. Anything larger and you will have to cut the diffuser.

I went with 3-inch tips and didn't have to cut anything. I have a muffler delete so I just cut the exhaust tips to length and welded them on.

Attachments

• IMG_7624.jpeg
    IMG_7624.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 36

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That looks great! So the tips are 3" outside diameter?

I had a quick look and the mufflers are close to the bumper, so I would need a muffler delete to fit a dual tip. Is that what you found? How is the drone with muffler delete?

raf1919

Registered Member
Chicago Burbs
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are 4 screws on the back of the bumper to remove the chrome trim. Super easy to take off.

For tips, the max you can do without cutting/trimming is 3-inch. Anything larger and you will have to cut the diffuser.

I went with 3-inch tips and didn't have to cut anything. I have a muffler delete so I just cut the exhaust tips to length and welded them on.
can you share link for these tips? Also any concerns with heat and melting plastic around it?

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
can you share link for these tips? Also any concerns with heat and melting plastic around it?
These are the ones I got.

I am swapping them out though. I got new wheels and the titanium look doesn't really match anymore. Going to go with a carbon fiber tip like these:

No melting or anything of the plasitc. 3-inch just clears the plastic if you line them up correctly.

Cashby

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Black tips now. Also cut the length shorter on the tips so they sit more flush with the bumper. When you drive, the exhaust heats up and then sticks out another 1/4 inch or so. I didn't like how it looked so now it wont stick out as much.

Attachments

• 63954427130__C777D867-1100-4833-B77B-B158ABB4CFC9.jpeg
    63954427130__C777D867-1100-4833-B77B-B158ABB4CFC9.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8412.jpeg
    IMG_8412.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 16
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums