Package dilemma

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
I presently own a 2015 Genesis ultimate which I’ve had form new. I love the car it’s been a very good car in all respects. I would stick with it except that I’m so intrigued with the new G70. It’s early reviews as good as they were for my car when I picked up my car and that’s saying something. I’m ready to take the plunge soon and as such I’ve been doing my due diligence like I did when I boug[EM1] ht my 2015. The only dilemma that remains is with the two top packages the Prestige or the Sport (3.3T AWD). I favor the wheels on the Prestige package (which I know must people would not) and the non-darkened exterior parts. The only things I like from the Sport model is the stitched seats and the electronically controlled shocks. I wondering if anybody can shed some light these different aspects of the packages. Especially the shocks and stitched interior are they as I’ve read only unique to the Sport package (Which I thing they are). If that were the case then I would go with the Sport if not I would go with the Prestige. Thanks all

[EM1]Y

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I believe the Prestige has the partially quilted stitching, which then straightens to a line under your knee and at the shoulder blade level. The Sport will have the fully quilted stitching everywhere. It really doesn’t make that much of a difference in appearance as the quilting is pretty prominent IMO. My Design edition has the same type of stitching as in the Prestige.

If you want a color other than a black interior, you’re going to need to go with the Prestige. If you want a black interior, you get the choice of gray or red stitching on the fully quilted seats.

As for the electronically controlled shocks, I don’t have them, so I can’t comment on them. I’m sure they’re excellent as the reviews with the sport package all seem very favorable. But I can tell you that I am happy with my suspension (RWD) as it sits with the only exception of possibly adding urethane bushings and bigger anti-roll bars at some later date.

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I presently own a 2015 Genesis ultimate which I’ve had form new. I love the car it’s been a very good car in all respects. I would stick with it except that I’m so intrigued with the new G70. It’s early reviews as good as they were for my car when I picked up my car and that’s saying something. I’m ready to take the plunge soon and as such I’ve been doing my due diligence like I did when I boug[EM1] ht my 2015. The only dilemma that remains is with the two top packages the Prestige or the Sport (3.3T AWD). I favor the wheels on the Prestige package (which I know must people would not) and the non-darkened exterior parts. The only things I like from the Sport model is the stitched seats and the electronically controlled shocks. I wondering if anybody can shed some light these different aspects of the packages. Especially the shocks and stitched interior are they as I’ve read only unique to the Sport package (Which I thing they are). If that were the case then I would go with the Sport if not I would go with the Prestige. Thanks all

[EM1]Y

Prestige does have similar diamond pattern stitching on the interior, but not exactly the same. EDIT: @RTK described them perfectly!

Also, keep in mind that the AWD prestige seems to come with 20 spoke 18" rims. The RWD prestige comes with those nice looking 10 spoke 19" rims.

Honestly, the variable shocks in the sport trim don't make a huge difference. Don't get me wrong, it's noticeable, but I wouldn't miss it horribly if I had to let it go.

All of that said, if you like the look of the prestige better, then go for it! You won't be missing much from the sport trim.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Thanks for the input guys. As my research continues another question appears to arise. It looks like only the Sport comes with the Brembo brakes. Can anybody elaborate on that? Am I reading that right?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the input guys. As my research continues another question appears to arise. It looks like only the Sport comes with the Brembo brakes. Can anybody elaborate on that? Am I reading that right?
Are you sure? All 3.3t should have Brembos.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The other difference in the quilted stitching between the Prestige and Sport is the Sport has either grey or red colored stitching on only black seats. Prestige is quilted either grey or black seats but the color of the stitching does not stand out. I think the Sport different color stitching looks great but I decided on Prestige for some of the other reasons listed as differences between the two (above).

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Thanks for that input SeekingGen. Can you tell me if the rears fold down? By the way as I prefer to use the dealer whom I’ve purchased my last four cars. I’m told it’ll have to ordered from factory and the would be a 1 ½ to 2 month wait. I know sounds it sounds excessive but I actually waited that long for my 2015 Genesis. I like the idea that it’s a later build date and it’s being delivered for me. No one will test drive it and it’ll have the lowest possible mileage. Red with a gray interior and Prestige package is hard to find.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for that input SeekingGen. Can you tell me if the rears fold down? By the way as I prefer to use the dealer whom I’ve purchased my last four cars. I’m told it’ll have to ordered from factory and the would be a 1 ½ to 2 month wait. I know sounds it sounds excessive but I actually waited that long for my 2015 Genesis. I like the idea that it’s a later build date and it’s being delivered for me. No one will test drive it and it’ll have the lowest possible mileage. Red with a gray interior and Prestige package is hard to find.

They said they'd order it from the factory for you?? Nice! I wish my local dealer would have/could have done that. If you can stand the wait, I'd say go for it.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Rear seats fold down 60/40.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Like I said that’s how I did it with my Genesis the combination of Dark gray with black interior Ultimate was nowhere to found. From the same dealer.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Thanks for the input Beefer now I love it even more.
Although it states it in the specs there's no mention of it in any video's.

Last edited:

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I ordered thru my dealer--and, well, still waiting. The estimate is not wrong--and it may be longer than that. In my case, the regional rep transposed the awd/rwd code on my "ordered car," and they sent the wrong car the first time. I am getting so much closer though. Have a VIN number and can actually view the window sticker on line. I plan to update what happened on the "ordering" thread--once I finally get a car--which I hope will be soon. That thread has information from various people who have ordered and how long it has taken. From what I can tell, seems there are more RWDs available than AWD and sometimes the 2.0 is easier to locate than the 3.3--but just depends.
Like you, I really like the local dealer. And, throughout this the local dealer has been very helpful.
Oh--and not sure the "ordering" is from factory--I think there are still G70s at the ports, so the "order" is placed and they locate and put it on the next shipment headed to the dealer.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Special ordering G70
This may link to the thread on special ordering--it has some pretty good information from several posters who ordered and some who tried but they could not fill the order from port.