Packages

aweetod

Registered Member
Delaware
Which package did you end up getting and why. Trying to figure out if the packages are worth paying 10000+ for sports package in the 2.0 or ~6000 for 3.3

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
First of all I'm trying to get a G70 which is a huge challenge considering its been sold just in one third of the USA states. If I succeed then it will be a 3.3T MB Prestige.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The 2.0 Elite and 3.3 Advanced are probably the best values in my opinion. The 2.0 Advanced is also good if you don't care about leather seats vs vinyl and upgraded audio, especially since I've heard the base audio isn't bad. I definitely don't think the 2.0 Sport is worthwhile though. You'll be paying 5k for what comes down to a HUD, quilted stitching (the seats themselves regular leather vs nappa don't feel very different), and dark chrome outside trim.

Electrode

Registered Member
Southeastern PA, US
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
3.3T Prestige AWD. I like the look of the Sport trim, but prefer the 18" tire size on the Prestige. Comfort, quietness, durability being the reasons.
The 2.0T has less power than I'm used to, so I'm going for the bigger motor. 4 cylinders tend to strain, when you get on them. I like the power to be effortless.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ Your comment brings nothing to the question asked.

Simple question...which G70 trim/package.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Gee Bee

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The only answer is: it is what I wanted. Asking why is meaningless to rationalize for a personal decision. The OP has to come up with what works for him for his own reasons, not mine, not yours, not the next guy. My car is blue. I like blue, my wife likes blue. We don't like red but don't question why others buy red.
WTF are you taking about?!?!?

OP Asked a simple question...which package folks got on the G70.

Simple...respond with what you got IF you own a G70. Trim/package and why.

No need to respond with your thoughts on life, Jesus, favorite colors or anything else. Including Sonatas.

Simple.

Gimme a f’ng break.

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I went with the 3.3T Prestige. This is on top of the Elite. Main benefits of Elite ($1750), for me, are the Low Beam Assist, Rain Sensing Wipers and Parking Distance Warning. Once you have some of these features on one car, it is frustrating to go to a car without them. One obstruction detected by the Parking Distance Warning may save the cost of the option.

Surround View Monitor is a must have for me now and is part of the Prestige Package ($2500). Makes parking in crowded areas so much easier. The HUD is something you quickly get spoiled by. Our youngest daughter is always cold, so she uses the rear heated seats year round.
That's exactly what I’m looking for. The Prestige RWD. My reasons are almost the same as yours.
. 3.3 T because of the power
. Parking sensors, Rain Sensing wipers, Low Beam Assist and Sunroof
. HUD and 360° view camera
. Light interior Napa leather
. 19" wheels with10 spoke rims, I don't like the dark 5 spoke sport rims.

Gee Bee

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Personal preference on the wheels, but I agree, the 10-spoke, particularly on the Himalayan Gray, looks elegant. Now, if you are looking at the Siberian Ice Sport, the black wheels look pretty cool. On my winter tires, I went with Enkei Vulcan wheels in Anthracite.

We had a team of young guys delivery a package for us last week. The were drooling over my "Aston Martin." They were still impressed when they walked closer to it and read Genesis on the logo.

I went with RWD as well. I prefer the turn in and overall feel of the RWD. AWD would have benefits in the wet and cold, but I am running cold weather tires, so no a huge loss.

If I was further North, I probably would have gone with AWD.
I will go with RWD because I'm in South Florida, the lowest temp we see here is 45F a couple of days a year at the most. In regards to the 10 spokes I'm planning to get a Mayorca Blue, those wheels look nice on it.

pkarandi

Registered Member
Herndon, VA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am planning to get the 3.3T Sport. I was budgeting $60K for an Infiniti Q50 Red Sport anyway, so in full sport trim, I'm still saving money over what I expected to have to shell out. Also, in my next car, I really want:
- adaptive cruise control
- surround view monitor (I have scratched my wheels on the curb before - very frustrating)

Surround view requires the Prestige package, but then for "only" $1500 more (I sound like a salesman now), the following are nice-to-haves:
- adaptive suspension/user-selectable drive modes
- dark chrome accents

I would have been happy to go for the Dynamic package, since I understand it has an even sportier suspension than the sport, but discovered that it doesn't have the spare tire kit.

Gee Bee

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

pkarandi

Registered Member
Herndon, VA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The other change in the Sport is going up from the Pilot Sport 4 to the Pilot Sport 4S, a superior tire from a handling / performance standpoint, but you will experience faster treadwear with them.
That's a good point. Although I like the idea of stickier tires, I actually view this as a drawback because I will have to change them out during winter. I know this was mentioned in another thread, but I wish Genesis would provide a tire option to an all-season. Changing tires out twice a year just seems like such a PITA to me.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.