• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Painted My Roof Black....Pics...

scotttisha

Registered Member
orlando, fl
I mentioned in another thread that my roof was being painted black, while my car was at the body shop due to a possum jumping out and throwing himself in front of my car. The little bugger cracked the lower passenger bumper and tore out the fog light and wheel well liner.

Not looking for praise as I know this is an acquired taste kind of deal, but wanted to share so if any one else has thought of it, you can get an idea of what it looks like once done.

Started to rain....

Makes the car look lower.

I was able to squeeze this in under the estimate for the front end damage. I was out of pocket my $500.00 deductible, but that's it. I asked the body shop what they would charge a cash customer and they said expect to pay $400.00 if they did it. I would say $300.00 to $500.00 is a fair range for a decent job.

They even opened the sunroof and painted down inside so everything would match.

As is usual, the car looks awesome in person. Pictures don't do it any justice.

Scott

chilly mac

Getting familiar with the group...
Yeah, dude -- That is something else. Very nice.

My Genny is silver ("Platinum"), so this is really helpful to see how it would look on mine. I could really see myself doing it, but only concern would be if it might negatively affect re-sale if I surprise myself and decide to part with it before 200K miles or so.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

scotttisha

Registered Member
orlando, fl
Your car looks incredible. Wonder how it would look on Satin Pearl....
Probably even better. I think my next genesis will be white (pearl) like yours. Seriously, it's a good looking car in that color.

The Mercedes with the black roof, that originally caught my eye a while back was a white E350 and it looked awesome.

My dealer is actually Coastal in Melbourne. My business is in West Melbourne ( I live in Oviedo) and because a lot of the sales/finance guys at Coastal are my customers and it's easy for me to swing by for my lifetime free oil changes, I bought it there instead of Orlando. Would have Been Holler if not Coastal.

Scott

genesis redux

Hasn't posted much yet...
Looks awesome! There was too long of a wait for grey or white here in Ontario, Canada so I went with black, after seeing yours... A premature decision on my part.

Did you lower your car?

scotttisha

Registered Member
orlando, fl
Car is not lowered...and I was hell bent on getting it lowered as soon as Eibach or H&R actually manufactured something, but seeing my car on the road I've kind of changed my mind a little. It doesn't look too bad for being stock ride height. It could definitely use maybe .5 to .75 of an inch drop all around, but I don;t see a spring with that minimal change coming out for our car anytime soon.

Scott

kermit_xc

I mentioned in another thread that my roof was being painted black, while my car was at the body shop due to a possum jumping out and throwing himself in front of my car. The little bugger cracked the lower passenger bumper and tore out the fog light and wheel well liner.

why ?

scotttisha

Registered Member
orlando, fl

I have no idea why that damn possum jumped out in front of me...Maybe he was double dared by one of his possum buddies... :D

I had been wanting to paint it black or get it vinyl wrapped for a while, so doing it while the bumper was getting repaired made sense.

Some more pics from today. I finally removed the V8 badge from the back. honestly was never too fond of it anyways.

You may notice that my window tint on the front two windows is lighter than the back. I really hate that it;s not the same all around; However, I have two kids under 4 yrs old that spend a good amount of time in the back and it's sunny in Florida. I think the car would look aesthetically better with 30% tint all around.

scotttisha

Registered Member
orlando, fl
How's the ride with those big wheels? Rims look sweet
Well, they're not too big. Not like I have 20's or 22's. The ride is surprisingly very nice. not nearly as rough and/or noisy as i was worried about.

Scott

kermit_xc

I have no idea why that damn possum jumped out in front of me...Maybe he was double dared by one of his possum buddies... :D
can I ask you how much you paid for the bumper panel replacement ? My wife backed into my genesis the other day - I think I will have to replace the whole panel ... good thing the lights were untouched

msitter

Registered Member
Greer, SC
My wife had a Saab Viggen convertible. Right after she got it she took out a raccoon with the intercooler and a/c condenser. It was a $3000 repair as the unique front bumper cover was $1250 alone. After that, on a trip to Myrtle Beach she hit a deer, that repair was $12000 and 2.5 months to get the parts. Insurance was great both times but PETA was less than thrilled.

scotttisha

Registered Member
orlando, fl
can I ask you how much you paid for the bumper panel replacement ? My wife backed into my genesis the other day - I think I will have to replace the whole panel ... good thing the lights were untouched

Not sure on the price. There were NO aftermarket bumpers available, so they had to go OEM. All in all, with the new fog assembly, wheel liners, lower air dam, bumper, paint, R&R, etc.. The bill was less than $1,500.00 I paid my deductible of $500.00 and they were able to throw in the roof paint. They said my roof job alone was a $400.00 job between parts and labor.

Yeah, I still have a missing fog light and outside temp sensor on my 2005 Mercedes, because of the raccoon I nailed a year ago. That's the biggest problem with leaving for work at 4:15am and driving 57 miles to work. The odds of a nocturnal animal jumping out and hitting my car is greatly increased. Also why I have HID Xenons in my fogs and high beams. I can see for miles and miles.

Scott

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums