Parking Assist

nebula186

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
While I can move the GV70 in and out of a tight parking spot. I was curious to know whether the car can also navigate around a small obstacle while pulling itself in or out? Or if it’s only straight in and straight out.

The other day I realized the car next to me parked cross and pulling my car straight out would cause the two cars to scrape against each other if the GV70 can only move in straight lines.

Adolescent

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
While I can move the GV70 in and out of a tight parking spot. I was curious to know whether the car can also navigate around a small obstacle while pulling itself in or out? Or if it’s only straight in and straight out.

The other day I realized the car next to me parked cross and pulling my car straight out would cause the two cars to scrape against each other if the GV70 can only move in straight lines.
Only straight lines

GV70GUY

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Correct only straight if it sees an obstacle it will stop in fact even if you are going to miss the obstacle if its close to one the sensors it will stop. For example when trying to move my car into the garage it wouldn't let me because it was too close to the side of the garage door even though it would clearly miss it.

dklanecky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Correct only straight if it sees an obstacle it will stop in fact even if you are going to miss the obstacle if its close to one the sensors it will stop. For example when trying to move my car into the garage it wouldn't let me because it was too close to the side of the garage door even though it would clearly miss it.
Can you specify just how close is too close for the system to work? Not concerned about the length, but how close can I get on the side? The GV is listed as 75.2" wide, and my current Avalon is 72.8".

Reason being, I'm currently within 2" from the not folding rearview mirror on my Avalon, on the passenger side when I currently pull in, and I currently use the 360 degree camera system to get this close. I'm curious whether or not the GV70 will allow me to get closer, especially with the mirrors folded in. I was sure hoping so and kind of counting on the self park system to get me more room in the garage (even a couple more inches will be a help).

GV70GUY

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
So went out to the garage to try it again. While backing out I was 12-13" from rear fender and mirror.
As seen in pic.

Now something new happen that I never saw before driving it back in using the key fob. The steering wheel actually started moving and moved the car enough over to drive it back in safely again I would say about a foot from the garage door wall.

So I take back that the car only drives straight seeing an obstacle it actually turned the steering wheel to avoid it.

Not sure why the first time I tried this the car stopped and wouldn't let me move it forward into the garage.

Maybe it depends on how close to the obstacle you are and whether or not the car has enough space to move around it.

Attachments

• IMG_5579.jpg
    IMG_5579.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 19

SebringSilver

Registered Member
Vancouver, Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Has anyone tried this with the front wheels already turned to either side? Does the car just follow that trajectory? Or does it know how to straighten itself?

GV70GUY

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
So I backed out of my garage and turned the wheel all the way to the right. When I hit the button on the remote to come forward it did straighten the wheel out before it moved and pulled into the garage.

However it came into the garage at a slight angle and headed straight for my stairs that go into the house. If I didn't let go of the button it looks like it would have hit the stairs. See pic

I had to get in the car and straighten the car out away from the stairs manually.

So it seems the GV doesn't see low objects very well.

Attachments

• IMG_5582.jpg
    IMG_5582.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 26
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners