Parking Sensors

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
In the middle of West Texas earlier this week, my Parking Sensors decided to spontaneously go offline. Every once in a while they'll come back on but mostly I'll get the annoying beeping with the "!" front center of the car pictogram in the cluster below 10mph or so. There's no apparent damage anywhere - I did smack a tumbleweed but that's a different story...!

Thoughts?

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Try cleaning the sensors and checking the wiring harness under the bumper covers for any loose connections.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Try cleaning the sensors and checking the wiring harness under the bumper covers for any loose connections.
Cleaned them but it was just a rag & some water...

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
Reach inside the left hand side of the front bumper (in front of tire), crank open the electrical connection, check for dirt/water/corrosion and then reconnect.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Reach inside the left hand side of the front bumper (in front of tire), crank open the electrical connection, check for dirt/water/corrosion and then reconnect.
Sounds good - I'll give it a shot. Driver's side?

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type

MarcusTheMan

Charlotte, NC
Genesis Model Type
I've Seen A Few People Talk About Faulty Sensors But I Haven't Gotten Around To Replacing Mine Yet. Everybody Says The Bumper Is A Pain To Get Off But I Haven't Seen Anyone Actually Explain How To Get The Front End Apart.
Thank you sir! Do you have to take anything apart to access it?

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Ye
I've Seen A Few People Talk About Faulty Sensors But I Haven't Gotten Around To Replacing Mine Yet. Everybody Says The Bumper Is A Pain To Get Off But I Haven't Seen Anyone Actually Explain How To Get The Front End Apart.
Yeah - probably need a lift at least, which I don't have access to.

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
Thank you sir! Do you have to take anything apart to access it?

Not much actually, you can pop out the plastic rivets and one bolt along the fender lip, peel back the liner and reach into the bumper. If you turn the tire all the way right you might not even need to take it off.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums