• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Pedal Commander is now available for the Genesis G70

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
PC logo gradient silver.png
STORE LINK: Pedal Commander for All Genesis Vehicles - Genesis Owners

Pedal Commander Benefits:

• Removes Delays – Removes the delay disadvantages of electronic gas pedals so your engine can respond faster.
  • Individually Programmed – Pedal Commander is not a generic one-size-fits-all device. Each unit is individually programmed according to the make, model, engine specs and transmission of your car.
  • User-Friendly & Adjustable – Pedal Commander system comes with 4 different modes: Eco, City, Sport and Sport+. Each mode has 8 adjustable settings.
  • 2-Year Product Warranty – Pedal Commander’s hardware is top-quality. We guarantee it with a two-year defect warranty in the form of a product replacement.
  • Save Fuel up to 20% – After a short and easy install, you will notice greatly increased engine response, faster acceleration or save fuel up to 20% with real ECO Mode! Simply put, more pleasure driving.
  • Easy Plug-and-Play Installation – OEM Factory Harness & Easy Do-It-Yourself Installation within 10 Minutes.
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee – Your satisfaction is our top priority. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee, no questions asked.
  • Top Quality – All automotive components are high-grade, such as 3M keypad, high performance CPUs for real-time calculations, and original connectors in OEM quality.

Six Reasons to Buy Pedal Commander Throttle Controller:
  • 95% Faster Response from Your Engine
  • 100% User-Friendly
  • 95% Available for All Automobile Manufacturers
  • 100% Individually Adjustable Performance
  • 20% / Save Fuel Up to 20% With Rear Eco Mode
  • 2-Year product Warranty
  • Scroll down to read more about the benefits!
Pedal Commander Grafhic.jpg

Attachments

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
This is the perfect mod for people who can't fathom the idea of pressing the pedal when they want to go faster.
I used to think the same thing until I bought one for another vehicle. The effect is not the same at all. Greatly ups the fun factor when you can barely push the pedal and rocket forward. They're fun.

Terdbath

Registered Member
I thought it was a gimmick as well but I have something similar on my TSX A-SPEC (sprintbooster) and throttle response is way faster including downshifts. The lag between pushing the pedal and taking off is greatly reduced. I have on occasion chirped the front tires on hard acceleration when that was not possible prior to installing. This is an AWD car by the way. I poo pooed it myself many times and thought the folks that bought them were tools. I could have easily uninstalled it and got a full refund but it was an immediate improvement and for me makes driving more fun. The trans in my car is known to be a laggy 9 speed ZF so this may not even be a concern for G70 owners.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I thought it was a gimmick as well but I have something similar on my TSX A-SPEC (sprintbooster) and throttle response is way faster including downshifts. The lag between pushing the pedal and taking off is greatly reduced. I have on occasion chirped the front tires on hard acceleration when that was not possible prior to installing. This is an AWD car by the way. I poo pooed it myself many times and thought the folks that bought them were tools. I could have easily uninstalled it and got a full refund but it was an immediate improvement and for me makes driving more fun. The trans in my car is known to be a laggy 9 speed ZF so this may not even be a concern for G70 owners.
wouldnt this make it more difficult to drive in a fast, safe way? (in the 3.3 at least) when youre unable to finely control the throttle youll end up pushing past tire traction limits in a much more sudden way right? I get the aspect of maybe driving in a straight line more fun, but as soon as you hit a corner I would think this mod would be a detriment. I want to poo on this as well, as something for only people whose cars dont have enough power to push past traction limits anyway but Im willing to learn more

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
wouldnt this make it more difficult to drive in a fast, safe way? (in the 3.3 at least) when youre unable to finely control the throttle youll end up pushing past tire traction limits in a much more sudden way right? I get the aspect of maybe driving in a straight line more fun, but as soon as you hit a corner I would think this mod would be a detriment. I want to poo on this as well, as something for only people whose cars dont have enough power to push past traction limits anyway but Im willing to learn more
It's not really that different than driving two cars with different throttle responses. My wife's previous '09 Genesis V6 had a much more touchy throttle than her current 5.0. You just get accustomed to it then learn how to modulate it with your foot. Same thing happened using the Pedal Commander in my previous vehicle (a jeep). It was a slug without the PC. It was the same slug with the PC, only it didn't feel like it at all because of the greatly increased throttle response. After several drives it became completely normal, though.

Still, I get your point. A jeep does not have the power and handling capabilities of a 3.3T. But, when you add in any traction and stability controls that may be in use, the question of pushing past limits could apply to any powerful car with a 500+ HP engine. Like the Youtube videos of people losing control of exotic sports cars just trying to turn in an intersection. It's all about learning the car and what it can/can't do.

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I used to think the same thing until I bought one for another vehicle. The effect is not the same at all. Greatly ups the fun factor when you can barely push the pedal and rocket forward. They're fun.
I agree, I had one in my Alfa Rome Giulia and it real helped with the turbo lag. It was immediate acceleration in any of the modes. The G70 really doesn’t have much of a turbo lag but I have noticed it a little it lately.

securityguy

Registered Member
Jacksonville, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
All I will say is this. This is NOT a placebo effect. Pressing the accelerator harder doesn't change the reaction time of the vehicle. This PC device alters the sensitivity of the accelerator and has a dramatic impact on the responsiveness of the vehicle. I gelt the same way as a few of the negative posters and thought it was a gimmick. It is not!!! I have a new 2019 RAM Limited and the 5.7L HEMI is very quick and I really had no idea what I was missing. I bought the PC through a group buy and the impact is amazing. I have mine set to "SPORT" with a setting of +1. The responsiveness of the truck is night and day from stock and I can't ever see not having this device operational. In addition, it has Bluetooth built in and a phone app to control it so I hide it away and control it from my phone should I wish to knock it down a notch or up the fun factor...totally worth the $300 and you have a 30-day return policy so you can't lose. Try it before you bash it and you'll be very impressed;)

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
All I will say is this. This is NOT a placebo effect. Pressing the accelerator harder doesn't change the reaction time of the vehicle. This PC device alters the sensitivity of the accelerator and has a dramatic impact on the responsiveness of the vehicle. I gelt the same way as a few of the negative posters and thought it was a gimmick. It is not!!! I have a new 2019 RAM Limited and the 5.7L HEMI is very quick and I really had no idea what I was missing. I bought the PC through a group buy and the impact is amazing. I have mine set to "SPORT" with a setting of +1. The responsiveness of the truck is night and day from stock and I can't ever see not having this device operational. In addition, it has Bluetooth built in and a phone app to control it so I hide it away and control it from my phone should I wish to knock it down a notch or up the fun factor...totally worth the $300 and you have a 30-day return policy so you can't lose. Try it before you bash it and you'll be very impressed;)
It is a placebo effect in regards to thinking your car is faster.

Yes...the car reaction to the pedal is quicker...but ZERO performance increase (although it feels like it).

securityguy

Registered Member
Jacksonville, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It is a placebo effect in regards to thinking your car is faster.

Yes...the car reaction to the pedal is quicker...but ZERO performance increase (although it feels like it).
Not disagreeing with the statement that 0-60 is the same as a device like this certainly will not change that. However, the car may not be "faster" from 0-60 but it is much "quicker" off the line and a lot more fun to drive.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not disagreeing with the statement that 0-60 is the same as a device like this certainly will not change that. However, the car may not be "faster" from 0-60 but it is much "quicker" off the line and a lot more fun to drive.
It is NOT quicker off the line. There is your placebo effect kicking in.

What is quicker...the time between you pressing the pedal and the cars reaction. Thus increasing responsiveness.

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
It is NOT quicker off the line. There is your placebo effect kicking in.
That's the thing about placebo's. It doesn't matter. If one "thinks" it's quicker, then it's a win. People can take newfound enjoyment wherever they can find it. No point in trying to take it away when it's a positive thing for them. No telling how many times I've seen it in the audio world when people buy new equipment that doesn't provide any data to confirm it sounds better than their old equipment. But they feel it does. I say more power to them. :)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
Your point is valid but it also depends on how you define performance. It will not make additional horsepower. If it increases the sensitivity of the pedal it may feel faster for the first second or so. Not sure what it does, maybe less pedal travel? Less pressure?
It's not even about performance. It's about "perceived" performance improvement. Sprint Booster's and Pedal Commanders do indeed make you think you got a lot more power, even though you know full well that you didn't. Tough to explain these gadgets, which is probably why there's nearly identical debates on every automotive forum when these threads come up. Those who have them love them, those who don't have them don't understand how it could possibly help. They just make the car more fun. Simple as that. I was skeptical too before I ever got one.

And when someone says just push the pedal down more (the most common rebuttal) it's not the same thing at all. These gadgets make the response nearly immediate, which goes a long way with the perception of power when you barely touch the pedal and launch forward (depending on what sensitivity you have it set at).

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums