SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)

cruno

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I've been torn on this. If I delete a majority of the chrome on the car I think it could be worth it but I'm not sure. I really need to see this hood ornament in person to decide.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Personally, I'm not a fan. When we opened this store in 2015, we got 3 Equus in. We put them on 2 of them. The buyers of those 2 had us remove them and put the normal Equus hood badge on. The 3rd one that we didn't put one on, the buyer had us add it, but he was over 80 years old, so it's more in line with his time. One other customer bought his Equus from out of state used and it had one. He also had us remove it. So I'm going to go with most people are not fans of them, from my experience that is.

ephone1

Registered Member
It's gaudy AF, and it's not even a Genesis logo. It rivals the gold plating crap in the late 90's.

DSXMachina

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Last edited:

DSXMachina

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)

DSXMachina

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)

DSXMachina

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)

turnne

Registered Member
That Pegasus ornament is tacky....IMO

Warren

pgsilva

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
My informal poll is 50/50 in terms of friends & family that like it and don't. My "car" friends think it's posing, particularly because of the RR implication. In fact, a total stranger thought it was an RR when I pulled next to him. I bought two flat Equus emblems and have already replaced the Hyundai on the trunk, but I'm holding off on replacing Pegasus for now.

Dan of the Desert

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
OK I know most people will say "just do it if you like it", but I'm asking for your opinion regarding appearance. Things are dead around this forum and maybe we can liven it up a bit...
The chrome hood ornament which seems to be called Pegasus (in South Korea) is available as an optional add-on through the dealer. On one hand I think it adds a touch of class and on the other I think it's a tad over the top. That and it might be a bit dated, who puts stand-up ornaments on nowadays? Other than RR that is (Spirit of Ecstasy).
So what do you say, yea or nay? And those of you who might have added it, how do you feel about it now?
I bought it and was gonna install it but the dealer won’t do it... I went to a body shop and they want $150 to $500 depending on how the attached emblem comes off...
We tried to remove it but it’s not budging and I fear it’ll be the $500 price tag as it will damage the paint under the emblem. The Pegasus base will not cover the existing plaque space...

DSXMachina

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)