Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I was under the impression that the first scheduled service was at 10,000 Km or 12 months. My G70 is about 7 months old and just over 8000 Km so not close to either distance or duration of scheduled service. Yet I started to get this notification on the dash when I start the car.

Based on the amount of driving that I driving that I do I'll probably still be under 9000 Km in 29 days.

Has anyone else seen this?

View attachment 19358
Depends on how it was set originally at either the factory or the dealer. Best to go by the manual and set the alarm accordingly. It is not some magic engine analysis that is calling you, just a setting that anyone can change.

Check the manual according to the type of driving you do.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
on the G80 (so I dont' see why the G70 would be different), that DIS warning is something YOU set in the DIS settings. Likely yours is set to some factory default.

mine popped up at 3,000 miles, but the G80 3.3T has scheduled intervals of 6,000 miles. I went into the DIS and aligned the setting with the owner manual recommendation.

please note, in doing so it resets the timer, so you might want to wait until you hit your mark before making the change.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
i received a service notification at around 6 months / 4000kms, both in-car and by email from Genesis. very confusing. i could have gone in for the free service, but then the 12 month service would have been on me. Genesis service is based on 1 year or 10k kms. instead, i just took care of an oil change myself. i called and spoke to two dealers and my GXM to confirm actual complimentary services are NOT 6 months (unless at 10k kms) and that something was haywire in the system.

i went by a local dealer and they said the standard synthetic oil change service would run ~$180 for 0W30. oil alone was $100. the annual Genesis service is valued much higher due to other inspections, servicing and the whole Genesis rig-a-ma-roll. my cost was $70 all-in for 5w40 Euro blend (meeting the various OE specs) and OEM filter/washer, including $30 labor to a trusted shop who then takes care of oil disposal, etc. i couldn't find the Shell Helix OE oil, so Penn Plat Ultra made the cut. it was difficult to find an oil which met the exacting specifications.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
i received a service notification at around 6 months / 4000kms, both in-car and by email from Genesis. very confusing. i could have gone in for the free service, but then the 12 month service would have been on me. Genesis service is based on 1 year or 10k kms. instead, i just took care of an oil change myself. i called and spoke to two dealers and my GXM to confirm actual complimentary services are NOT 6 months (unless at 10k kms) and that something was haywire in the system.

i went by a local dealer and they said the standard synthetic oil change service would run ~$180 for 0W30. oil alone was $100. the annual Genesis service is valued much higher due to other inspections, servicing and the whole Genesis rig-a-ma-roll. my cost was $70 all-in for 5w40 Euro blend (meeting the various OE specs) and OEM filter/washer, including $30 labor to a trusted shop who then takes care of oil disposal, etc. i couldn't find the Shell Helix OE oil, so Penn Plat Ultra made the cut. it was difficult to find an oil which met the exacting specifications.

has to be something different about how it is handled in Canada.

for my G80 was told to come in @ 3K miles for the first service, then return at 6K for the second, and then every 6K (so 12K) after that by the dealer.

the manual says every 6K, doesn't say anything about the 3K service, but the dealer honored both oil changes (3k and 6K) under warranty.

I am 1,000 miles away from the 12K at which point I have other things to address.

Loose drivers seat,
rattle in the sun roof,
creak in the steering wheel,
and a vibration in the car/steering between 68mph and 75mph, which I believe is a tire balance issue.

not surprising, all of these things have been reported by G80 owners for the past 2-3 years.