Pennsylvania

Curtyrut

Been here awhile...
Philadelphia PA
Hello, any recommendations on where to get windows tinted for my R-Spec? I am considering going to Sun and Shade, which I believe, is the only 3m dealer within my radius. Sun and Shade quoted approximately $300, does this sound reasonable.

Thanks.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hello, any recommendations on where to get windows tinted for my R-Spec? I am considering going to Sun and Shade, which I believe, is the only 3m dealer within my radius. Sun and Shade quoted approximately $300, does this sound reasonable.

Thanks.
The price is significantly impacted by the type of film installed (not just the brand):

• Dyed
  • Charcoal
  • Metallic
  • Ceramic
  • etc

The type of tint film you get is going to depend on why you want you windows tinted (looks, heat rejection, etc). There are a lot of other threads that discusses this subject in more detail.

Curtyrut

Been here awhile...
Philadelphia PA
The price is significantly impacted by the type of film installed (not just the brand):

• Dyed
  • Charcoal
  • Metallic
  • Ceramic
  • etc

The type of tint film you get is going to depend on why you want you windows tinted (looks, heat rejection, etc). There are a lot of other threads that discusses this subject in more detail.
Thanks Mark_888. I have read all the threads and I am just crossing my Ts and dotting my I so to speak before I pull the trigger. The type of film that was quoted was the ceramic by 3M

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Thanks Mark_888. I have read all the threads and I am just crossing my Ts and dotting my I so to speak before I pull the trigger. The type of film that was quoted was the ceramic by 3M
I checked the Sun and Shade website and they have prices listed there. For $300 it looks it would be 3M Color Stable film. I believe that their ceramic is much more expensive. Get the 3M tint name (not type) and look up the specs in the 3M links they provide.

But 3M Color Stable may be fine for PA. Probably not so great for FL, AZ, TX, etc.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
After some investigation, it appears that 3M Color Stable is a nano-carbon polyester film. This is somewhat different than a nano-ceramic film, like Formula One Pinnacle. But check the 3M literature yourself for details about this film.

3M does have a new Ceramic Series (CM30, CM40, CM50), but prices for installing this film were not listed on the Sun and Shade website, but it is possible this is what they quoted you.

The high-end 3M film is Crystaline, which appears to be a different technology than nano-ceramic, and in some regards it is better because it offers more heat rejection than a similar VLT rated ceramic film. This film only comes in VLT of 40 and above, and may not give the kind of dark look that some expect in a tint film, however, it provides excellent heat rejection even in light shades (high VLT), which is often needed in states that have strict VLT laws.

Curtyrut

Been here awhile...
Philadelphia PA
Thanks Mark_888, I really appreciate helping me selecting the best tint for my Genny. Also, 3M is offering 15% discount (printable coupon) off 3M tint film. I was thinking about getting the tint done within a week or so. I am currently playing the negotiating game AKA haggling.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.