Please identify this part for me...

Shagone

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Thread starter #1
I found the pictured part in my 2015 G80. It is 7 1/2 inches long.
Please identify the part for me and tell me were it is supposed to be placed. Thanks!

Attachments

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Can you post the part number? It should be 8 digits (4+4 separated by a "-").

If not that format, post whatever numbers you see.

Shagone

Genesis Model Type
Thread starter #3
Thanks for your response The back of the part contains the following information:"Kia," "the Hyundai emblem, and the initials "TRW.
The following two numbers are also on the rear. "84 268-2F500" an "802 375 3810."

Appreciate your assistance.

5 Timer

Registered Member
Please identify the part for me and tell me were it is supposed to be placed. Thanks!
As for placement, check the right front floorboard approximately even with the front edge of the seat.
You may have to move the seat backwards a ways. That is where I have a similar part as you show, although mine does not say FRAME NO. on it. Mine is blank. 2 notches there where it snaps into place.

Purpose: No idea. The carpeting under it covers the steel floorboard. I snapped mine back in place, shrugged my shoulders and moved on.

Shagone

Genesis Model Type
Thread starter #6
Thanks....with your info I was able to solve the riddle.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Found the location just under the front lip of the passenger seat.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Peel back the carpet (the carpet is cut here so you can pull it back somewhat) under where this plastic strip goes and you'll find the car's VIN. It's just another place where you can find the car's VIN.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.