• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Poll: Which color G70 are you leaning towards?

Which color G70 are you leaning towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Last edited:

kmooney4

Registered Member
Maryland, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
These are the 8 announced US colors: Victoria Black, Casablanca White, Himalayan Grey, Santiago Silver, Adriatic Blue, Mallorca Blue, Havana Red, and Siberian Ice, plus the sprcial edition Forest Green,
Will Havana Red be available as a "normal" color? It was stated as being on the Dynamic Special Edition... do we have confirmation that Havana Red will be available as a normal color or only on the Dynamic Edition? And, just saying, the Green is the Design Edition.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Tonezorz

Hasn't posted much yet...
California Mountains
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The colors will almost certainly be limited by trim. Likely the 3.3T Sport will be the only model to get Siberian Ice. That would be my pick, but I'm more in the Advanced trim territory budget wise.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
with 24 votes in so far it is interesting to see no interest in black. i find that black is a relatively common colour, especially on the ~luxury brands. perhaps Genesis has just stepped up to the palette for other more interesting colours, moreso than most other makes?

also, around here at least, white would be very popular followed by grey/silver. i'd say the most common MB/BMW/Audi i see are: white, silver/grey, black - in that order. any other more interesting pigmented colours are far behind. based on this poll, it is the other way around for the G70. (not sure what Siberian Ice is though...)

kmooney4

Registered Member
Maryland, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
with 24 votes in so far it is interesting to see no interest in black. i find that black is a relatively common colour, especially on the ~luxury brands. perhaps Genesis has just stepped up to the palette for other more interesting colours, moreso than most other makes?

also, around here at least, white would be very popular followed by grey/silver. i'd say the most common MB/BMW/Audi i see are: white, silver/grey, black - in that order. any other more interesting pigmented colours are far behind. based on this poll, it is the other way around for the G70. (not sure what Siberian Ice is though...)
I actually LOVE the way the black looks on the sport trim with the dark 5-spokes.... but if I had to choose ONE color that I would want, it would be Siberian Ice. Black is a very, very, very close second and I would probably take it if the wait for Siberian Ice is too long...

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

kmooney4

Registered Member
Maryland, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Excellent point about the color options, because, as my admittedly obsessive post illustrates, offering every color with every trim would be overwhelming.

The number of trim levels, factoring in both the 2.0T and the 3.3T plus the RWD Manual 2.0T Sport, plus the AWD v. RWD options puts the available trims at 19 (2.0T: 5 + 5 + 1) + (3.3T: 4 + 4) multiplied by whichever colors are available for each configuration. So, if they made every trim option in all 8 colors that would hypothetically be 152 options (19 x 8).

Then there’s the 2 special editions each available in AWD and RWD, which adds 4 more.

On the other hand, configuring a Kia Stinger seems pretty simple. There’s only 3, 4 or 5 colors available plus the AWD and RWD options.
It would behoove them to offer a few of the more popular colors on the higher trim levels only. That way people considering making that couple thousand dollar jump to the next trim level will be pushed over the edge by that color that they just love and signifies a higher trim level.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am torn between both blues. Although I have not seen any good shots of the Adriatic blue. Any owners have either, would appreciate some pics.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I am torn between both blues. Although I have not seen any good shots of the Adriatic blue. Any owners have either, would appreciate some pics.
I have Adriatic blue on my G80. One photo was taken in the fall late afternoon in the northGenesis A.jpgGenesis AB.jpg. The other was taken late morning in the south. The lighting makes a difference as you can see.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ i have been torn as well. my preference has always been for a more subtle/darker blue - including my current vehicle. i have yet to see a G70 Sport in the darker blue, and/or in daylight. i have seen plenty of the brighter blue in Sport trim so i'm clear on that. and i do like it. it is certainly a 'louder' colour, but it helps to show off the lines of the sheet-metal which i suspect the darker blue will conceal. i wonder if that brighter blue will age well, or if it is a fad colour popular at the moment. there are multiple brands with a similar recent bright blue colour which is not a traditional choice.

i would need to see if the dark blue goes well with the dark Sport wheels. might be too much dark for me. dark blue and the 10-spoke machined wheels would look very classy, however.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Here, I have some pictures of G70 Sports in Adriatic Blue. I attached a bunch to show it in different lighting. Most are screenshots from YouTube and Instagram, so ignore any weird UI stuff.

If it seems like they all look pretty different, then you know my suffering too. I just decided to narrow down my color choices and choose when I see them in person.

Attachments

mcornett

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It would behoove them to offer a few of the more popular colors on the higher trim levels only. That way people considering making that couple thousand dollar jump to the next trim level will be pushed over the edge by that color that they just love and signifies a higher trim level.
The Siberian Ice is only available on the 3.3T Sport in Canada.

In my opinion, Genesis has done a great job on colour selection. I considered colours I never would have otherwise -- usually green, red, and black wouldn't appeal.

I was somewhat hoping for a colour like BMW's Marina Blue, but in the end I'm glad I chose Siberian Ice. It's interesting without being too young / try hard.

Last edited:

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My personal G70 is Mallorca Blue and it is our most popular color by a significant margin. I am also getting a Nurburg Green G70 2.0T Sport; I think that color is my second favorite. Siberian Ice is probably my third.