Popped headrests! How to reset?

Zird

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
A car ran into my back bumper the other day and since then, my headrests are both popped. I have tried to push them back in with the 2 rods in the headrest, but on accident, I pushed the metal hook where the main rod goes in and I can’t move the hook no more. I know that when I moved that hook, it clicked, and I also know that when I’m supposed to push the headrest back in, it’s supposed to click when it’s back in place. I’m now wondering if that’s the click that was supposed to be heard. I don’t know if I need to re-activate the headrest pop somehow so the hooks resets and lets me fix my headrest or the hook is supposed to be like that and I’m not pushing down hard enough. The hook is almost looking completely down. Please help :(

iSOBigD

Registered Member
Guys, you normally just need to remove the headrest, lay it on a soft carpet or something to avoid scratches, and push it face down (the part that your head touches facing down) at a 45 degree angle to hook it back in, then press down on the bottom part until it lines up also.

Both of mine popped when I drove over a rock once and it took me a while to figure it out but once I did it was very simple.

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Just click the link in reply #5 above then read the PDF. It's all there.

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Just click the link in reply #5 above then read the PDF. It's all there.