Porting 5.0 plastic intake.

gebulso

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I am going to have my intake ported by Bigdogs porting you can find him on facebook. He has done them before stage 2 porting 265 dollars. He says nice gain. I have dealt with him before. He will included flow numbers before and after porting. He will answer any questions you have right away. I getting my throttle body ported by maxbore.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Let us know how it goes!

Aliafzadi

Genesis Model Type
Ok I will. I bought a extra throttle body and intake on ebay so I could keep driving my car while they are getting ported. I have a 2013 5.0 rspec I bought it last year for 20,000 dollars with 19,000 miles older couple had it the back seats never were set in.
Please keep us updated about the job and if you got any decent gains out of it.

gebulso

Genesis Model Type
Ok sure will. I bought but not put on yet CNT Racing cat delete pipes stainless steel with bolts and gaskets for 169 dollars they say for a v6 but will fit the 5.0 V8. I think the secondary cats on the 4.6 are welded on instead of bolted on that is what I read on the forum maybe someone can verify this.

Flarfignewton

Hasn't posted much yet...
Pittsburgh, PA
Genesis Model Type
Secondary cats on my 4.6 were a separate bolt in section. I think all BHs are like this regardless of engine.

gebulso

Genesis Model Type
Secondary cats on my 4.6 were a separate bolt in section. I think all BHs are like this regardless of engine.
Thanks.

Nfmosch3829

you port the manifold?
i actually purchased a manifold and tb to get scanned for a tb spacer group buy..
im gonna port both mani and tb myself from the looks of it theres alot of meat that can be chewed off

gebulso

Genesis Model Type
you port the manifold?
i actually purchased a manifold and tb to get scanned for a tb spacer group buy..
im gonna port both mani and tb myself from the looks of it theres alot of meat that can be chewed off
I got my throttle body back it was bored out from 82mm to 85mm. I haven't done the manifold yet if ported by your self you don't know if it helps or not with Bigdogs Porting he sends you a before and after flow numbers. I might send him my exhaust manifolds to be ported but he said it may not help if the cat doesn't flow good. I want headers and Kooks said they would make them if they get a order of 50 but didn't get much of a response. I am still thinking about water methanol injection too cool the intake charge but mostly because methanol is a cleaning agent and would help keep the intake valves clean.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums