Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You should probably specify US in your thread title to keep it clean. And us Canadian's so far have all paid either the price online or $1000 less so there isn't anything exciting to share there.

canucklehead604

Hasn't posted much yet...
West Coast Canada
You should probably specify US in your thread title to keep it clean. And us Canadian's so far have all paid either the price online or $1000 less so there isn't anything exciting to share there.
^ true for the most part when it comes to non-demo units, but some of the 'demo' units (still considered 'new' in Canada) are going far below MSRP, much more than i would have expected for a hot new model.

my buddy just picked up an '18 Golf R manager demo $4000 off MSRP, plus it came with a few accessories. i've seen 3.3T Sport GXM demos listed for over $6500 off MSRP. and that's just the starting point and for a '19MY G70 new model.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Apparently there was one, and only one, G70 sold in September. Was it anyone on this forum??

View attachment 15813

I don't know who bought the G70 but those numbers are really scary. Genesis USA is NOT SELLING cars. What the heck they are planning to do? I've been an early Genesis adopter, my first Genesis was a 2014 Hyundai Genesis sedan then I got my 2016. I was able to see the potential of this car since the beginning but since the split from Hyundai the only thing I've seen is one sh..t after another. Higher prices, bad leasing offers, Concierge attention inside a crowded Hyundai dealer w/o even giving you a cup of coffe free (you have to buy it in a vending machine), rude treatment from the service department workers. Nothing is good with Genesis USA nowday.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I don't know who bought the G70 but those numbers are really scary. Genesis USA is NOT SELLING cars. What the heck they are planning to do? I've been an early Genesis adopter, my first Genesis was a 2014 Hyundai Genesis sedan then I got my 2016. I was able to see the potential of this car since the beginning but since the split from Hyundai the only thing I've seen is one sh..t after another. Higher prices, bad leasing offers, Concierge attention inside a crowded Hyundai dealer w/o even giving you a cup of coffe free (you have to buy it in a vending machine), rude treatment from the service department workers. Nothing is good with Genesis USA nowday.
Higher prices? When was the last time you saw prices go down in a successive MY?
Bad leasing? What numbers are you referring to? Are there any out for the G70?
Bad dealer? You need to find another dealer, there are good ones out there. Which one hurt you?

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Higher prices? When was the last time you saw prices go down in a successive MY?
Bad leasing? What numbers are you referring to? Are there any out for the G70?
Bad dealer? You need to find another dealer, there are good ones out there. Which one hurt you?
Bad prices? SURE YES! I bet you whatever that Ipaid at least $5000 less for my 2016 Hyundai Genesis back in 2016 that what you paid for yor G80 being the same car.
Bad Service/ Customer service dealers? ALL of them here in South Florida.
Bad leases? Of course. Genesis Residuals are sh..t 49% in a 2018 G80 3.3 t Sport is one of the lowest in the market. 2 years ago Genesis Tech/ Ultimate leases were around $400-450 montly (taxes included), zero down. Now for getting those payments you need to put at least $4000 down.
As I told before I have a lot of experience about Hyundai/ Genesis. Between my wife and I we've owned 5 Hyundai and 2 Genesis. The main reason? Low PRICE/ Good cars but now Genesis is f$%k..ng everything.

Last edited:

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
Bad prices? SURE YES! I bet you whatever that Ipaid at least $5000 less for my 2016 Hyundai Genesis back in 2016 that what you paid for yor G80 being the same car.
Bad Service/ Customer service dealers? ALL of them here in South Florida.
Bad leases? Of course. Genesis Residuals are sh..t 49% in a 2018 G80 3.3 t Sport is one of the lowest in the market. 2 years ago Genesis Teck/ Ultimate leases were around $400-450 montly (taxes included), zero down. Now for getting those payments you need to put at least $4000 down
Agree, even the dealer admitted this and said retention rates are not as high as they want because those who leased 2015/2016 genesis models with huge incentives and paid 300-400/monthly are not leasing the new genesis models due to crap incentives from genesisusa. I really like their cars but genesisusa is not a threat to the germans at this point with their head scratching antics, which is a shame

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What do you guys think the pros and cons of the g70 compared to the g80? I went to check on the g70 (and were clueless as I expected)....but man that g80 sport looked sweet in person. He said he could sell for like $46k (think it was listed at 56k. Wondering how you guys think they compare. Also, what do you think the 18 g80 will go for when the 2019 g80 drops?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
What do you guys think the pros and cons of the g70 compared to the g80? I went to check on the g70 (and were clueless as I expected)....but man that g80 sport looked sweet in person. He said he could sell for like $46k (think it was listed at 56k. Wondering how you guys think they compare. Also, what do you think the 18 g80 will go for when the 2019 g80 drops?
To me, 10K off sticker sound pretty good. I'd go for it.

as to the 70 v 80, depends on your needs and wants. I've not seen the G70 in person yet, but this is my take. The 70 is smaller, lighter, cheaper, perhaps a little sportier to appeal; to a younger demographic. I rarely have anyone in the back seat so that is not an issue for me if it is a bit tighter. I sometimes have to fit a wheelchair in the trunk so the 80 suites my needs better.

Right now the deals for the G70 don't exist so you can get a 2018 G80 for less than a 2019 G70. The 2019 cars are coming but I doubt there will be huge drops in the price from what they gave you already. Once it is gone, it is gone. so don't wait too long.

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
To me, 10K off sticker sound pretty good. I'd go for it.

as to the 70 v 80, depends on your needs and wants. I've not seen the G70 in person yet, but this is my take. The 70 is smaller, lighter, cheaper, perhaps a little sportier to appeal; to a younger demographic. I rarely have anyone in the back seat so that is not an issue for me if it is a bit tighter. I sometimes have to fit a wheelchair in the trunk so the 80 suites my needs better.

Right now the deals for the G70 don't exist so you can get a 2018 G80 for less than a 2019 G70. The 2019 cars are coming but I doubt there will be huge drops in the price from what they gave you already. Once it is gone, it is gone. so don't wait too long.
Thanks...so. you dont think when they 19's drop the 18 g80 wont come down like 10k? I've never really researched/waiting to buy a car like I am now (usually just go to car shopping and buy what I see...was 25 last I bought I a car so wasnt super experienced). So, I dont know how much cars come down when the newer year drops.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks...so. you dont think when they 19's drop the 18 g80 wont come down like 10k? I've never really researched/waiting to buy a car like I am now (usually just go to car shopping and buy what I see...was 25 last I bought I a car so wasnt super experienced). So, I dont know how much cars come down when the newer year drops.
Hard to say. Varies with the dealer and often by region. The new model is not a lot different so I don't see that people will be clamoring for them the day they hit the floor like the G70 is. The 2020 is supposed to be more of a restyle so you may see a bigger change in price differential.

When I bought my 2015 it was in October and the end of the model year and I got a better discount than two years later buying a 2018 that was new on the lot.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
i've seen 3.3T Sport GXM demos listed for over $6500 off MSRP. and that's just the starting point and for a '19MY G70 new model.
Most demo's are usually not in great shape though and are horribly abused. The white 3.3T Sport demo unit for sale in Edmonton right now is in worse shape at 10,000km than my car will likely be at 50,000km. There can definitely be some deals, but for the most they either aren't in great shape or I wonder what they have covered up. lol

For the guys discussing G70 vs G80, I think they are totally different vehicles and shouldn't be compared. You should first decide what size/type of vehicle you want (sporty compact with some luxury like the G70, or large luxury car like the G80) and then compare similar vehicles, like G70 vs 3 series, C class, etc or G80 vs 5 series, E class, etc.

I made the mistake once moving from a 3 series to a 5 series thinking it was just a size thing and the extra money wasn't a big deal, but it isn't. As sporty as you may think a 5 series or G80 may be, it is no even close to something in the smaller compact class. But again, I think you decide what class of car you want first. That 5 series was my biggest regret ever. It was definitely a great car, but not the right car for me at all.

devellis

Been here awhile...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Most demo's are usually not in great shape though and are horribly abused. The white 3.3T Sport demo unit for sale in Edmonton right now is in worse shape at 10,000km than my car will likely be at 50,000km. There can definitely be some deals, but for the most they either aren't in great shape or I wonder what they have covered up. lol

For the guys discussing G70 vs G80, I think they are totally different vehicles and shouldn't be compared. You should first decide what size/type of vehicle you want (sporty compact with some luxury like the G70, or large luxury car like the G80) and then compare similar vehicles, like G70 vs 3 series, C class, etc or G80 vs 5 series, E class, etc.

I made the mistake once moving from a 3 series to a 5 series thinking it was just a size thing and the extra money wasn't a big deal, but it isn't. As sporty as you may think a 5 series or G80 may be, it is no even close to something in the smaller compact class. But again, I think you decide what class of car you want first. That 5 series was my biggest regret ever. It was definitely a great car, but not the right car for me at all.
I think this is a really good point. Especially when comparing two cars of different sizes that have the same engine transmission, etc., the experience between the two can be very different. Both the G70 and the G80 offer a lot and are appealing cars but in different ways. The G80 clearly emphasizes luxury. It's has more room, luxury, and weight. The G70 should be more nimble and more responsive. Each has some of the qualities of the other, of course, but not in equal measure.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.