Power mirror gear. Anyone?

BarryG

Registered Member
So Cal.
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Greetings all! My 2012 r-spec passenger mirror has decided to stop power folding and just clicks away. I disassembled the mirror and found the problem The plastic gear(on a metal shaft) had stripped out and cracked. Causing the shaft to just spin away. I tried epoxying the whole this as one piece, worked about a dozen times then just split again. So question is; does anyone know where I can get a replacement gear. Prefer just the plastic part but whole thing if necessary. Dealers have zero clue to what I'm talking about. One even told me I don't have power folding mirrors until I made him come out and see. I found a similar looking one on Ebay for a Hyundai I30, but I don't know if it's truly the same. Thanks for any help. Picture of the whole part attached.17851

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
that might work! Thanks. Never used that site. I see others there as well. Ever used that site?
yeah, it's China's version of Ebay, I've used it a few times, parts take awhile to get here from China 2-3 weeks, but I've never been ripped off from it. But I never buy anything high priced either.

it tends to carry a lot of the internal workings of "non-repairable" electronic and mechanical devices, that were probably made in China in the first place.

more gears:

might check the size and teeth count on yours.. I suspect however all Hyundai models likely use the same parts.

BarryG

Registered Member
So Cal.
Genesis Model Type
yeah, it's China's version of Ebay, I've used it a few times, parts take awhile to get here from China 2-3 weeks, but I've never been ripped off from it. But I never buy anything high priced either.

it tends to carry a lot of the internal workings of "non-repairable" electronic and mechanical devices, that were probably made in China in the first place.
thanks, works for me.. think I'll buy a couple.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
this might help also:

BarryG

Registered Member
So Cal.
Genesis Model Type

BarryG

Registered Member
So Cal.
Genesis Model Type

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
worm gear is stainless steal. The one from Turkey, Poland, UK for the I30 are solid metal. Wouldn't crack, but, I'm afraid it might eat up the adjoining plastic gears if not perfect.
yeah I meant the adjoining worm gear that is on the motor.. I haven't cracked open a Hyundai mirror, but I have a Lexus and several GMs and Chryslers, and the insides are all basically the same.

BarryG

Registered Member
So Cal.
Genesis Model Type
yeah it's fine as well the broken piece I have seems to be the common weakness.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Wing Side Mirror Repair Metal Gear Left Right for Hyundai i30 Chevrolet Captiva 5902553474718 | eBay

is another one from Poland. Has a great picture of the inside of the motor which looks nearly identical to mine.
likely same seller as ebay: but another option, reviewer says it worked on his santa fe, and it is made of metal not plastic.

BarryG

Registered Member
So Cal.
Genesis Model Type
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.