• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Power Windows Not Working?

eugew23

Hasn't posted much yet...
Wyckoff, NJ
2009 Genesis 3.8 here.

Driver's window operates normally, but the rest of the windows do not. The driver's master switch operates the driver's window normally, but the other windows do not respond to the switches. I tried operating the other windows from their respective switches and they don't work. What could be the issue? It is not intermittent -- they just stopped working a couple weeks ago and they haven't worked since.

jonesy20

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Same problem today. It was intermittent but now for the last 4 times I've gotten in the car all passenger window don't respond. 2011 4.6 with 75k miles. Any ideas?

jonesy20

Genesis Model Type
I checked the 30A fuse in the driver's side and it's fine. Door lock still works, the rear sun shade button doesn't work but the shade goes up and down when I go in reverse. Driver's window works. Mirrors work.

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
I meant the window lock switch, not the door lock (but I didn't say so that's on me).

Since your sun shade button also does not work, my guess is probably a bad ground or loose wire/connector in the harness going from the window switch assembly door to the chassis. First place to check would be the plug. Several wires in there and if most of the functions are dead then it's probably a ground.

You can remove the door card and check the plug and wires in the window switch bundle. I just helped my daughter repair her '07 Santa Fe over labor day (replaced the fuel door release switch). Remove a few screws and a $3 trim kit from Harbor Freight is all you need. Helps to have replacement push plugs handy in case a few break, but those are easy to get on ebay.

Easy peasy.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums