• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Previous Owner Painted Brakes Assembly red

Darryldocking

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I recently purchased a used 2019 G70 2.0 RWD sports package. While inspecting the car I noticed that the brake assembly was red in color. I knew that this car did not have the Brembo brakes (it wasn’t on the original window sticker). It appears that the previous owner simply painted the assembly. I also noticed that the paint was flaking off and the original finish is coming through. My question is two-fold; will the paint flakes cause any problems with the brakes? Second, if The brakes should be replaced any recommendations on how to proceed?

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Chances are it will not cause any problems at all. You will be just fine. If you wanted to expedite the paint degradation and eventual removal, try spraying the calipers down with brake cleaner, it will make the paint more inclined to come off. Otherwise it's fine to just let them flake - the only downside is that they will look dumb and cheap.

Please post pics, though, for my own curiousity.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had calipers painted on my previous car which was red, thus red with red. I liked the look. After a few years there was a bit of paint loss, I assume from stones and assorted debris. It was a quality paint job and I had extra paint if I wanted to do it again but I sold it when I bought the G70.

Darryldocking

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Chances are it will not cause any problems at all. You will be just fine. If you wanted to expedite the paint degradation and eventual removal, try spraying the calipers down with brake cleaner, it will make the paint more inclined to come off. Otherwise it's fine to just let them flake - the only downside is that they will look dumb and cheap.

Please post pics, though, for my own curiousity.
Thanks, that puts my heart at ease. Here are pics. It is beginning to look dumb.

Attachments

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums