Price Paid OTD for your GV80

mrgenesis2009

Registered Member
Orlando, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Anyone care to share there pricing experience? I know it is a little early for this vehicle as it just came out but I believe they will eventually start to offer incentives and entertain negotiations later in the year. I am interested in buying this vehicle but I will not pay MSRP so I won't be getting one anytime soon(or maybe ever). I'm going to go after the Prestige Savile Silver/Black interior. Currently it is at MSRP of around 72350 plus tag/tax/title. I may have to wait until September but I hope not. Hopefully by sharing your pricing experience we can all benefit to be a little more knowledgeable going in.

Thanks!
MrGenesis2009

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Anyone care to share there pricing experience? I know it is a little early for this vehicle as it just came out but I believe they will eventually start to offer incentives and entertain negotiations later in the year. I am interested in buying this vehicle but I will not pay MSRP so I won't be getting one anytime soon(or maybe ever). I'm going to go after the Prestige Savile Silver/Black interior. Currently it is at MSRP of around 72350 plus tag/tax/title. I may have to wait until September but I hope not. Hopefully by sharing your pricing experience we can all benefit to be a little more knowledgeable going in.

Thanks!
MrGenesis2009
1610903802737.png

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

vincentleung

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Ordered a 3.5T Prestige (3-row) Green in Green last Sunday under MSRP with free all weather and cargo mats, and the vehicle will be arrived this week (Shockingly fast!!!).

I live in west coast of Canada and all Canadian models are arrived here first and then re-distributed to the rest of the country. So I’m guessing Genesis has tendency to allocate cars here first to save transportation costs. Also, Genesis Canada insists online order and fixed price (online quote plus tax, no extra costs, like transportation fees) strategy making all GV80 are not sold over MSRP. Lastly, I’ve asked for quotes from several dealerships and then asked my nearest dealership to match the lowest quote and it actually and practically did it (but supposedly not allowed to so) by playing around the figures in their system.

I’ve read so many horrible stories happening in the US about price mark-ups and delayed deliveries. I feel so sorry for you guys and feel sad for Genesis (excellent products but super poor customer experiences). This is something Genesis should improve it immediately.

Last edited:

dapribek

Registered Member
Buffalo, NY here. Bought my Advance for list price, but dealer discounted some of the extras I purchased. Also received a fair offer on my trade.

mrgenesis2009

Registered Member
Orlando, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Last edited:

mrgenesis2009

Registered Member
Orlando, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Can I ask how you got that price? I went to the website and it is not discounted for that VIN #.

-Mrgenesis2009
Use this link:

Whatever they are doing, it won't show the discount if you go through the Genesis Dealer page. I've talked to this guy below but he didn't confirm the discounts because he didn't have the color combo I want. The link is active and the vehicles seem to be current and they change with sales and deliveries.
1610920793511.png

mrgenesis2009

Registered Member
Orlando, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Use this link:

Whatever they are doing, it won't show the discount if you go through the Genesis Dealer page. I've talked to this guy below but he didn't confirm the discounts because he didn't have the color combo I want. The link is active and the vehicles seem to be current and they change with sales and deliveries.
View attachment 34041
Oh I see, thanks it works!

mrgenesis2009

Registered Member
Orlando, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Ordered a 3.5T Prestige (3-row) Green in Green last Sunday under MSRP with free all weather and cargo mats, and the vehicle will be arrived this week (Shockingly fast!!!).

I live in west coast of Canada and all Canadian models are arrived here first and then re-distributed to the rest of the country. So I’m guessing Genesis has tendency to allocate cars here first to save transportation costs. Also, Genesis Canada insists online order and fixed price (online quote plus tax, no extra costs, like transportation fees) strategy making all GV80 are not sold over MSRP. Lastly, I’ve asked for quotes from several dealerships and then asked my nearest dealership to match the lowest quote and it actually and practically did it (but supposedly not allowed to so) by playing around the figures in their system.

I’ve read so many horrible stories happening in the US about price mark-ups and delayed deliveries. I feel so sorry for you guys and feel sad for Genesis (excellent products but super poor customer experiences). This is something Genesis should improve it immediately.
Congratulations on your new Prestige! The dealerships here in Florida are price gouging. It is a free market and if people are willing to pay more, then that will set the price. The price will drop once all the people that have to have it first dry up and sales slump a little. I'm watching inventories to keep track of sales. I'd love to get one now but that is not going to be the case until there is some incentive.

mrgenesis2009

Registered Member
Orlando, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I'm in York, PA, and I paid MSRP ($72, 3something) for my 3.5T Prestige, but they threw in the trailer hitch.
Most dealerships here are charging a "market adjustment" on top of MSRP. Only a couple are charging MSRP but then add a dealer fee. They are just milking it.

Juan Valdez

Hasn't posted much yet...
Orlando, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Congratulations on your new Prestige! The dealerships here in Florida are price gouging. It is a free market and if people are willing to pay more, then that will set the price. The price will drop once all the people that have to have it first dry up and sales slump a little. I'm watching inventories to keep track of sales. I'd love to get one now but that is not going to be the case until there is some incentive.
Glad you mentioned this and it's not just me who sees the heinous pricing activity. Been waiting for the car to arrive as long as everyone else. Hopeful prices will become reasonable as supply grows. My Porsche Cayenne friends continue their pressure on me to change...!

mrgenesis2009

Registered Member
Orlando, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Glad you mentioned this and it's not just me who sees the heinous pricing activity. Been waiting for the car to arrive as long as everyone else. Hopeful prices will become reasonable as supply grows. My Porsche Cayenne friends continue their pressure on me to change...!
One of the dealerships called me today and told me that possibly in early February Hyundai may have some incentives on the GV80. I understand the vehicle is nice and all but let's be real, the purchase and service experience is still a Hyundai experience and not the premium experience you get by the other luxury brands. Genesis does the home delivery and pickup to try and sugar coat the fact that they don't have a dedicated premium experience when you go in. I'm behind Hyundai and Genesis as I own both right now but to me it has to be a balance of quality and value. I'm willing to have the Hyundai experience for the Genesis brand as long as it is a value to my wallet. Now they are getting into the luxury brand pricing without the experience. I don't think they are quite there yet to charge as much as they are charging right now. Just my opinion. Good luck on your purchase.

Last edited:

rjabend

Registered Member
I am in Melbourne Beach, FL and I am experiencing the same price gouging, but I don't mind waiting for the right deal.

mrgenesis2009

Registered Member
Orlando, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I am in Melbourne Beach, FL and I am experiencing the same price gouging, but I don't mind waiting for the right deal.
Absolutely, I will be waiting as well.

nixit

Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
In Chicago I've encountered $1500 above MSRP. I'll be waiting as well.

mrgenesis2009

Registered Member
Orlando, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
i paid MSRP at Fairfield Genesis in CT for a blue 3.5 prestige.
At this point in time that seems to be the best deal you can get. Congrats on your new acquisition!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Gouging? I’m not sure that is the word you really meant. yes I agree dealers are charging more than MSRP but
Price-gouging is often defined in terms of these criteria
1. Period of emergency: The majority of laws apply only to price shifts during a declared state of emergency or disaster.
2. Necessary items: Most laws apply exclusively to items essential to survival, such as food, water, and housing.
3. Price ceilings: Laws limit the maximum price that can be charged for given goods.

Any of these apply? Are they doing anything unfair? Or even immoral? Or do you just want the right to say how much someone should charge for luxury items? Just my opinion.

lutzb0y

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
One of the dealerships called me today and told me that possibly in early February Hyundai may have some incentives on the GV80. I understand the vehicle is nice and all but let's be real, the purchase and service experience is still a Hyundai experience and not the premium experience you get by the other luxury brands. Genesis does the home delivery and pickup to try and sugar coat the fact that they don't have a dedicated premium experience when you go in. I'm behind Hyundai and Genesis as I own both right now but to me it has to be a balance of quality and value. I'm willing to have the Hyundai experience for the Genesis brand as long as it is a value to my wallet. Now they are getting into the luxury brand pricing without the experience. I don't think they are quite there yet to charge as much as they are charging right now. Just my opinion. Good luck on your purchase.
You are right about that. The local dealerships here are utter dumps. I don’t blame them at all for trying to maximize their profit but they are essentially selling a premium vehicle with a crap experience. No way I will pay MSRP. We dont need a vehicle that bad. And over time the other premium brands (GLE and the X5 as a case in point) will catch up on features and cost a lot less and continue to have all kinds of incentives. So it makes total sense to wait.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners