Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

mrgenesis2009

Registered Member
Orlando, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Check the window stickers and look for accessories added. Paint color too.

nixit

Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Accessories. What's weird is all colors are $500 extra except Alta White but Seville Silver is listed as $400 extra.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Check the window stickers and look for accessories added. Paint color too.
Still does not add up. Looks like a price increase? Money exchange change? After the base it makes sense but still a difference on the base.

JFKGenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Anyone care to share there pricing experience? I know it is a little early for this vehicle as it just came out but I believe they will eventually start to offer incentives and entertain negotiations later in the year. I am interested in buying this vehicle but I will not pay MSRP so I won't be getting one anytime soon(or maybe ever). I'm going to go after the Prestige Savile Silver/Black interior. Currently it is at MSRP of around 72350 plus tag/tax/title. I may have to wait until September but I hope not. Hopefully by sharing your pricing experience we can all benefit to be a little more knowledgeable going in.

Thanks!
MrGenesis2009
Picked up a Prestige 3.5, Gold Coast with B&W interior. This is one fine vehicle, we have an Audi and Range Rover and the Genesis GV80 is impressive. Unfortunately this was a difficult color to source, paid MSRP but was able to purchase via CC to get the miles. :) Minimal dealer fees, the Hyundai dealer was a good to work with but certainly not a first class/premium brand experience.

Long island Phil

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Picked up a Prestige 3.5, Gold Coast with B&W interior. This is one fine vehicle, we have an Audi and Range Rover and the Genesis GV80 is impressive. Unfortunately this was a difficult color to source, paid MSRP but was able to purchase via CC to get the miles. :) Minimal dealer fees, the Hyundai dealer was a good to work with but certainly not a first class/premium brand experience.
You should get 2K off MSRP on a prestige. At min . I did in N Y

Markbridge

Registered Member
SE Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Still does not add up. Looks like a price increase? Money exchange change? After the base it makes sense but still a difference on the base.
That's my point. The base price should be the same, no matter what. FWIW, checking genesis.com, the base price of the 3.5T is, in fact, $56,650. My guess is the $56,150 is an older unit and somewhere along the way there was a price increase. Just my guess, though.

Edit: I finally got off my arse and went out to the car and checked my window sticker and, sure enough, the base price on mine, purchased in February, was $56,150. So there had been a price increase of $500.

Last edited:

Long island Phil

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
The Prestige's are moving fast in FL, not a lot of movement from any dealer I talked to. Supply and demand.
Good luck with the hunt . All I can say is I love mine . 10/10 . It’s says a lot having a cayenne turbo in the driveway as well. 2012 not as hi tech. I’m driving the GV more

Attachments

• 4A2D62C6-674D-4E3F-9E15-AFA8D2A267DC.jpeg
    4A2D62C6-674D-4E3F-9E15-AFA8D2A267DC.jpeg
    399.1 KB · Views: 35

Shalonpett

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I had originally began to purchase over $5k over MSRP on a White 3.5t prestige at one dealership as all the ones in Louisville KY were ether charging $5-10k over. This was Christmas Eve. I did the paperwork but did not sign over my trade or take Possession. I went back the day after Christmas to pickup. I had done a bunch of research and I was intending on negotiating it down. Luck would have it I get a call on the drive to the dealership from a dealership called Don Franklin in Lexington KY. Which was like an hour and half a way wanting to buy my trade that I listed for sale. I told them I was looking to buy a genesis GV80 and the lady says hold on let me give you to a sales guy. He says we have one in stock just got here that morning. I tell him my sistuation and he says I will give $2k more on your trade and you can buy from us at MSRP no markup. Got to the dealership we’re I had done paperwork and told them if they didn’t match the price I was walking. They said they would, and hour later they came out and it is still about the price it was before. They had put a bunch of protection crap in it. I said no I want out the door this price. They said no problem and hour later and it still wasn’t the out the door I wanted!! Crazy I told them to go to hell and left to the other dealership which sold me the same car same options for the MSRP no additional overpriced crap! And gave me $2k more on my trade. And gave me an unlimited year/mile warranty on the vehicle as long as I have it serviced at their dealership. Crazy experience. But thankful that dealership called me and saved me thousands!!

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I had originally began to purchase over $5k over MSRP on a White 3.5t prestige at one dealership as all the ones in Louisville KY were ether charging $5-10k over. This was Christmas Eve. I did the paperwork but did not sign over my trade or take Possession. I went back the day after Christmas to pickup. I had done a bunch of research and I was intending on negotiating it down. Luck would have it I get a call on the drive to the dealership from a dealership called Don Franklin in Lexington KY. Which was like an hour and half a way wanting to buy my trade that I listed for sale. I told them I was looking to buy a genesis GV80 and the lady says hold on let me give you to a sales guy. He says we have one in stock just got here that morning. I tell him my sistuation and he says I will give $2k more on your trade and you can buy from us at MSRP no markup. Got to the dealership we’re I had done paperwork and told them if they didn’t match the price I was walking. They said they would, and hour later they came out and it is still about the price it was before. They had put a bunch of protection crap in it. I said no I want out the door this price. They said no problem and hour later and it still wasn’t the out the door I wanted!! Crazy I told them to go to hell and left to the other dealership which sold me the same car same options for the MSRP no additional overpriced crap! And gave me $2k more on my trade. And gave me an unlimited year/mile warranty on the vehicle as long as I have it serviced at their dealership. Crazy experience. But thankful that dealership called me and saved me thousands!!
good move

Long island Phil

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
That’s how it’s done ✅ 💪🏻 🇺🇸 !

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jenesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hey everyone hoping I can catch a break here before i commit to something stupid.

GV80 3.5L base model $58K ($2K under MSRP) + taxes and fees, which total about $65K. Is this a good deal?

Shalonpett

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Hey everyone hoping I can catch a break here before i commit to something stupid.

GV80 3.5L base model $58K ($2K under MSRP) + taxes and fees, which total about $65K. Is this a good deal?
Seems decent from what I’ve seen people buy at. Since the base 3.5T AWD is $59650. I wouldnt say $2k is under MSRP as it’s $1650 under.
I have the GV80 3.5T prestige and paid $72,740 taxes and fees was $4,041. Which was just the MSRP with the added accessories.

Jenesis

Seems decent from what I’ve seen people buy at. Since the base 3.5T AWD is $59650. I wouldnt say $2k is under MSRP as it’s $1650 under.
I have the GV80 3.5T prestige and paid $72,740 taxes and fees was $4,041. Which was just the MSRP with the added accessories.
Are you saying you paid $72,740 including taxes and fees or that you paid $76,781 total?

nixit

Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80

I got $4,000 off MSRP on an Advanced+. $2K under MSRP isn't a bad deal, but probably not uncommon for a base model. While demand seems to be off-the-charts for Prestige models, I don't get that sense for lower trim levels.

Jenesis

I got $4,000 off MSRP on an Advanced+. $2K under MSRP isn't a bad deal, but probably not uncommon for a base model. While demand seems to be off-the-charts for Prestige models, I don't get that sense for lower trim levels.
Can I ask where you got your 4K discount on the Advanced+ from? We're talking:

$65,550 discounted to $61,550 right?

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners