Price Paid OTD for your GV80

CL65Captain

Registered Member
STL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Excuse me. Taxes and fees included, true out the door price of $61,280 on a 3.5L Advanced??????
$61,280 green/tan Advanced.

Doc fees and title registration fees. I bought it out of state, so I still have to pay the sales tax in my home state. - 6%.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jenesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
$61,280 green/tan Advanced.

Doc fees and title registration fees. I bought it out of state, so I still have to pay the sales tax in my home state. - 6%.
Hi thanks for the reply. Did you get the Advanced Plus with the 3rd row or the 3.5L with Advanced package?

nixit

Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Can I ask where you got your 4K discount on the Advanced+ from? We're talking:

$65,550 discounted to $61,550 right?

$62,050 ($500 metallic paint)

I think the dealership still has one Advanced Plus in Red/Black left and will offer a similar deal. PM me if you're seriously interested and I'll give you my sales contact.

Jenesis

$62,050 ($500 metallic paint)

I think the dealership still has one Advanced Plus in Red/Black left and will offer a similar deal. PM me if you're seriously interested and I'll give you my sales contact.
lol im having a hard time PMing you. Sorry I am new to this forum. Any chance you can pm me? I am like BTW I am a serious buyer. 100% buying at first chance of 4K off the color combo I want.

Last edited:

Bridgette

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
The sticker price of the advanced and advanced plus trims recently increased by $500. I just purchased an advanced plus with savile silver paint and sticker was 67,095. I got it for $66,000 in SoCal.

mikexr

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Anyone care to share there pricing experience? I know it is a little early for this vehicle as it just came out but I believe they will eventually start to offer incentives and entertain negotiations later in the year. I am interested in buying this vehicle but I will not pay MSRP so I won't be getting one anytime soon(or maybe ever). I'm going to go after the Prestige Savile Silver/Black interior. Currently it is at MSRP of around 72350 plus tag/tax/title. I may have to wait until September but I hope not. Hopefully by sharing your pricing experience we can all benefit to be a little more knowledgeable going in.

Thanks!
MrGenesis2009

2.5t Advanced i paid 67k with some extras ( tinting and protective wrap ) sacramento CA

Jenesis

I got a GV80 3.5T Base. I got 4.4% off MSRP + $500 worth of accessories. I had to haggle quite a bit among 3 dealerships around me. I am quite happy with the price because it's a good to great deal considering a lot of people have been paying MSRP or more. However, mine is a standard base model so discount may have been justified more than other trims.

Let's COMPLAIN about the experience. Genesis is still a Hyundai and they should be ashamed of themselves trying to market themselves as a luxury brand. Every dealership I dealt with were downright unprofessional, clumpsy, and unreliable. Disorganized is the term I want to use. I just had to clench my first and teeth trying not to explode and focus on the car i want. After waiting 2 yrs for it, the buying experience negated whatever butterfly feeling I got from finally getting mine.

The main dealer I worked with ghosted me after being close to a deal only to show up hours later with a higher quote. Another dealer agreed to a price over the phone only to change price on me after an hour. A third dealer gave me a quote with wrong tax and revised it higher after confirming twice the price. These are behaviors of low end used car dealerships in shady parts of town.

All these guys are just the same old low end Hyundai dealers who switch hats. I try to give these guys a break because they are hustling but god damn come on man. Genesis as a luxury brand isn't ready.

Last edited:

joegv80

Genesis Model Year
gv80
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I have had the same experience. I am now also considering waiting for the hybrid or the Lexus hybrid which should be changed this year. I do not feel the customer service aspect with Genesis as of now. maybe if they split off from Hyundai it will change.
i am from southwest florida also. just bought gv80 from braman genesis in miami fl list 54350 gave it to me for 52000 plus 999 dealer fee no extras. I did not even try to get them lower i was happy. Many in stock i wanted the tan inside which is hard to find, they had a few. Did everything over the phone agreed on price. Car was waiting for me when i got there. 20 mins later i was on my way. no extra add ons. local dealers wanted 1900 over list plus dealer fee. i will never pay over list for anything.

mikemu30

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have had the same experience. I am now also considering waiting for the hybrid or the Lexus hybrid which should be changed this year. I do not feel the customer service aspect with Genesis as of now. maybe if they split off from Hyundai it will change.
which Lexus are you considering? The RX won't be redesigned until the 2023MY.

Audiophile1997

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My local dealer has a 2.4t RWD Prestige trim on Gold Coast Silver on dune coming in next month with MSRP of $58,595. He said the 2.4T have more negotiating room below MSRP than the V6 which he said sells once it arrives on the truck at MSRP PLUS and is delivered to there house.

Basically, don't buy a V6,AWD, or top trims if you want to get the best deal.

Tempted to buy a used 30k mile 2017 G80 ultimate 5.0 RWD on Ibiza Blue/ Ivory for 27k instead.

Last edited:

nixit

Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Basically, don't buy a V6,AWD, or top trims if you want to get the best deal.
I got $4,000 off MSRP on 3.5 Advanced Plus. There are deals to be had on anything below a 3.5 Prestige.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I have a dealer in California who will get you 64.7K out the door on 3.5T standard. California taxes and fees included. LMK.
Lots of GV80's in the PA, NJ, DE, MD area are listed at less than MSRP provided they're not a Prestige.

Jenesis

Y
Lots of GV80's in the PA, NJ, DE, MD area are listed at less than MSRP provided they're not a Prestige.
Yes am aware. I researched and considered buying and shipping from the east coast. However, California sells these faster and has bigger volume. Several dealerships are STILL marking them up at $5K to $10K. So getting even $3K off MSRP is amazing for now.

kashimu

2.5 AWD Advanced in Himalayan grey for $63k out the door in SoCal. Was also quoted a 2.5 RWD prestige in grey for $61k OTD.

Experienced a ton of undercutting between 4 local dealers, feels like there’s a lot of room to negotiate on 2.5 models.

Vince_K

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Also SoCal here and 3.5 Prestige is still sticker everywhere in the region. Especially if you are looking for a particular color / interior combo. Did have some luck negotiating up a trade in however, so small win there.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners