Price Paid OTD for your GV80

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Anyone have someone who offers Decent deals on an advanced 3.5 or prestige 2.5 ?

looking to lease … NJ area if possible

thanks
Check Genesis of Cherry Hill, they have a bunch of GV80's on the lot.

rxr

Anyone have someone who offers Decent deals on an advanced 3.5 or prestige 2.5 ?

looking to lease … NJ area if possible

thanks
I only came across ridiculously indigestible deals from them. Please let us know if you come across better ones.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I only came across ridiculously indigestible deals from them. Please let us know if you come across better ones.
Maybe that's the reason for their sizeable inventory.

Kosh756

What kind of OTD and lease are people getting on 3.5 ADV or 2.5 Pretige ?

Platinum Jeweler

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I'm in Western Pa. Any dealer within 100 miles has either no to one 3.5 Prestige and it doesn't last long. Given that kind of desirability why would they discount?

eyaron

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Same here in the Philadelphia area. The GV80 Prestige are usually pre sold, or sold within a day or two of arriving at the dealer's lot. Same is true for Genesis G80 Prestige, as well Hyundai Santa Fe and Palisade in Calligraphy trims. Basic supply and demand rules. I got my wife a GV80 Prestige that "Just fell of the truck" at MSRP couple of weeks ago. It was "first come first served"

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Kosh756

Seems like everyone regardless of model only wants to do MSRP and short me on my trade ...

Are deals better on the 2.5 than the 3.5 if leasing ... anyone have a salesman they can recommend?

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Seems like everyone regardless of model only wants to do MSRP and short me on my trade ...

Are deals better on the 2.5 than the 3.5 if leasing ... anyone have a salesman they can recommend?
Separate the trade from your deal. They will always screw you. Check carmax, carvana, vroom for buyout.
Lots of dealers selling below msrp. Send a bunch of emails. Never walk in. Also check rodo for a baseline but you can do better.

ranger43

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Paid $4,000 below MSRP on Gold Coast Silver/Dune Advanced+ from Genesis of Hazelwood, MO. Straight shooters, no bullcrap add-ons or fees. They still might have a couple 3.5T's available. Hit me up if you need a sales contact.
Separate the trade from your deal. They will always screw you. Check carmax, carvana, vroom for buyout.
Lots of dealers selling below msrp. Send a bunch of emails. Never walk in. Also check rodo for a baseline but you can do better.
Let me say upfront that I am one of the people who paid more than MSRP. I bought it for myself as a retirement present. I have historically considered myself a shrewd negotiator. However in this case, I quickly learned that the odds of me finding a Prestige 3.5 in yuni white and dune below MSRP (or even at or slightly above) were almost non existent. Having spoken to a number of dealers across the country in my search, I was told time and time again that my color combination in Prestige was without a doubt the most requested color combination, and Hereford hardest to find. The skeptic in me initially thought this was a salesman line, but at least in my searches, I experienced it as fact.

I live in North Florida and oddly enough there was no add on pricing at my local dealership. But they weren’t going to get one in before September and even it wasn’t the right shade of white.

During my search, I can’t tell you how many stories I heard from salesmen. I even put a deposit down on one in South Florida that was due in in 3-5 weeks, only to be told two weeks later that their GM had taken a deposit 2 weeks before mine and had not entered it into their system so I was out of luck and they returned my deposit. Their story could be the truth but . . .

I started speaking to the Genesis Concierge over a week ago. Finally, this evening he called me with a lead in Asheville, NC. 3 minutes later Rick (previously mentioned way back in this thread) called and I quickly paid my down payment. Tomorrow I will be wiring them the balance. Did I pay more than I should have - yes. Was I tired of the process - yes. Will the prices come down - of course. Hopefully, I will keep this car a long time. Based upon the reviews, I am very much looking forward to picking it up next week and driving it back to Florida.

I will say this, if you are looking for a Prestige 3.5, and you have to have a particular color, get ready for a buying adventure. It was certainly unlike any car buying experience I had ever experienced. Check with me in 8 days and I will be able to tell you about the road trip back. I am really looking forward to it.

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Congrats and good luck. In spite of the price, I think you made the right decision. If you have the money, it’s silly to totally miss your target for a few (or even thousands) of bucks. :)

G-941232

Congrats and good luck. In spite of the price, I think you made the right decision. If you have the money, it’s silly to totally miss your target for a few (or even thousands) of bucks. :)
Thanks Ckon. That’s the way I feel. However, I spent the evening reading another thread about initial problems with the GV80. I realize that’s a small sample of owners but obviously I’m hoping I don’t have similar problems. 😊

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I got lucky back in December and bought my 3.5 Prestige. I told myself I would not pay more then list before the process started. When I saw what was happening, I made a deal for list plus $1200 or so for the rip-off aftermarket alarm that I was forced to take to make the deal. No regrets at all, we've been on two road trips and are going again in a couple of weeks.

It is my retirement ride also, the money wasn't an issue, just the principle. At retirement stage, time means more than it used it. My wife was much impressed that I politely walked out when our initial negotiations were unsuccessful, we made the deal the next day. Our last new car was more then 20 years ago.

Good luck and enjoy the trip home in your new GV80 -- I enjoy mine every time I get behind the wheel.

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Thanks Ckon. That’s the way I feel. However, I spent the evening reading another thread about initial problems with the GV80. I realize that’s a small sample of owners but obviously I’m hoping I don’t have similar problems. 😊
Mine’s been damned near perfect. Remember, there are a lot of people on these forums who are here looking for the solutions to problems with their cars. All of the rest of the people who aren’t having problems (and aren’t car nuts like some of the rest of us!) are just out enjoying their cars with no problems ay all.

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I agree with ckon -- so far perfect at almost 7,000 miles. I just had an engine light come on once that I chalk up to poor gas or the fact that I topped of the tank. I was chastised by my wife ;)
I feel badly for the folks that have had issues and hope they are resolved quickly

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Mine’s been damned near perfect. Remember, there are a lot of people on these forums who are here looking for the solutions to problems with their cars. All of the rest of the people who aren’t having problems (and aren’t car nuts like some of the rest of us!) are just out enjoying their cars with no problems ay all.
Ha ha, so true. It’s been a great experience so far and I have no regrets.

2021GCSGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80

Same here, had mine since December 3.5 Prestige no problems here.

I’m guessing someone was checking my car out earlier today. When I came out there was a big hand print on the driver’s window like they were shielding the sun looking in. I know it was a new handprint because I clean my car every time I drive it since I don’t drive it much.

lakshaypuniani

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Just picked up my GV80 day before yesterday. 2.5T standard in white. Dealer quoted me $3500 market premium over MSRP to begin with. I wanted to get second quotes so i asked around all the genesis dealerships in NYC/Long Island area. Very few dealerships even had the same car in stock. All dealers are low on inventory because of the semiconductor chips shortage. Dealers are getting 50 cars per month instead of the 500 they used to get from the manufacturers. Other dealers were upfront and told me they would charge $5000 over MSRP, just because whatever inventory they have is far more valuable at the moment. This chip shortage is expected to last through the year, and vehicle manufacturing capacities are expected to go back to normal sometime next year. And it's not only Genesis, companies like Ford have stopped production in some of their factories and are cutting features like electric start/stop in their high demand cars. I had a 2013 Nissan Altima whose transmissions are destined to fail at some point, and my car was showing signs that it wouldn't last too long, so, i didn't want to wait that long. And i really wasn't expecting much for my car since it had a lot of scratches as well. But the used car market is also on a high, so, i got $1500 over its fair market value and the dealer gave me a $1000 discount just to close the deal, and i ended up paying $1000 over, I'm ok with that considering all the factors. if anyone is considering buying one now, you might have to pay over the MSRP, how much depends on local inventory and dealer flexibility, but if don't want to pay over MSRP, might have to wait till next year.

pegasus558

Registered Member
Greater Seattle Area
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Just picked up my GV80 day before yesterday. 2.5T standard in white. Dealer quoted me $3500 market premium over MSRP to begin with. I wanted to get second quotes so i asked around all the genesis dealerships in NYC/Long Island area. Very few dealerships even had the same car in stock. All dealers are low on inventory because of the semiconductor chips shortage. Dealers are getting 50 cars per month instead of the 500 they used to get from the manufacturers. Other dealers were upfront and told me they would charge $5000 over MSRP, just because whatever inventory they have is far more valuable at the moment. This chip shortage is expected to last through the year, and vehicle manufacturing capacities are expected to go back to normal sometime next year. And it's not only Genesis, companies like Ford have stopped production in some of their factories and are cutting features like electric start/stop in their high demand cars. I had a 2013 Nissan Altima whose transmissions are destined to fail at some point, and my car was showing signs that it wouldn't last too long, so, i didn't want to wait that long. And i really wasn't expecting much for my car since it had a lot of scratches as well. But the used car market is also on a high, so, i got $1500 over its fair market value and the dealer gave me a $1000 discount just to close the deal, and i ended up paying $1000 over, I'm ok with that considering all the factors. if anyone is considering buying one now, you might have to pay over the MSRP, how much depends on local inventory and dealer flexibility, but if don't want to pay over MSRP, might have to wait till next year.
Wow that's crazy. I got my 2.5T Prestige AWD for $1225 under MSRP. Do check with other state dealers. Not everyone is charging over MSRP. I got mine in Washington

Cranky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Let me say upfront that I am one of the people who paid more than MSRP. I bought it for myself as a retirement present. I have historically considered myself a shrewd negotiator. However in this case, I quickly learned that the odds of me finding a Prestige 3.5 in yuni white and dune below MSRP (or even at or slightly above) were almost non existent. Having spoken to a number of dealers across the country in my search, I was told time and time again that my color combination in Prestige was without a doubt the most requested color combination, and Hereford hardest to find. The skeptic in me initially thought this was a salesman line, but at least in my searches, I experienced it as fact.

I live in North Florida and oddly enough there was no add on pricing at my local dealership. But they weren’t going to get one in before September and even it wasn’t the right shade of white.

During my search, I can’t tell you how many stories I heard from salesmen. I even put a deposit down on one in South Florida that was due in in 3-5 weeks, only to be told two weeks later that their GM had taken a deposit 2 weeks before mine and had not entered it into their system so I was out of luck and they returned my deposit. Their story could be the truth but . . .

I started speaking to the Genesis Concierge over a week ago. Finally, this evening he called me with a lead in Asheville, NC. 3 minutes later Rick (previously mentioned way back in this thread) called and I quickly paid my down payment. Tomorrow I will be wiring them the balance. Did I pay more than I should have - yes. Was I tired of the process - yes. Will the prices come down - of course. Hopefully, I will keep this car a long time. Based upon the reviews, I am very much looking forward to picking it up next week and driving it back to Florida.

I will say this, if you are looking for a Prestige 3.5, and you have to have a particular color, get ready for a buying adventure. It was certainly unlike any car buying experience I had ever experienced. Check with me in 8 days and I will be able to tell you about the road trip back. I am really looking forward to it.
Makes me feel even better about my deal. I got a Prestige 3.5 in Uyuni White with Dune and Blue interior for $2K below MSRP. I had to fly from Texas to Utah to get it, but the savings more than paid for a nice ski trip on the way home. I got mine at the end of February and picked in up in March. Very happy with it so far.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners