Price Paid OTD for your GV80

Kosh756

Did a Prestige 2.5T for 2600 of MSRP and got great $$$ on my trade ... had a better deal out of state but my family did not want me driving 600 miles for a car lease deal.

Jenesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
The sticker price of the advanced and advanced plus trims recently increased by $500. I just purchased an advanced plus with savile silver paint and sticker was 67,095. I got it for $66,000 in SoCal.
Can you give me the contact info?

stakenborg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Can you give me the contact info?
Could not find the Advanced Plus in the color combination I wanted, Adriatic Blue with Dune interior anywhere in Florida nor could I find any dealer who would sell any GV80 at MSRP I had to go out of state, paid MSRP and $650 dealer fee that’s it and did not buy anything from the F&I guy either

Jalpa_Mike

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
We ordered ours in February since the dealer could not find a 2.5T with the Prestige package in Uyuni White/Black interior anywhere. We took delivery last week and paid MSRP. Got a relatively good trade in allowance on the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring. I was hoping to get $20K trade, ended up getting $18,500. So, all in all, I was happy.

Mike

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
attach is an example of a North Houston dealership pricing. Note the market adjustment of $5k over MSRP. i sent it to Genesis corporate office, via email, and their response will let you (Future customers) know when they stand with respect to pricing manipulation especially if we find that it’s across the board.
meanwhile, we decided to continue with the Mercedes GLE450.

Attachments

• FBAFBB29-1914-4D76-AF68-B449EC469A40.jpeg
    FBAFBB29-1914-4D76-AF68-B449EC469A40.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 67A1886B-4405-4577-832F-0DA33D9E0FDC.jpeg
    67A1886B-4405-4577-832F-0DA33D9E0FDC.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 44

Amnlupiano

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
attach is an example of a North Houston dealership pricing. Note the market adjustment of $5k over MSRP. i sent it to Genesis corporate office, via email, and their response will let you (Future customers) know when they stand with respect to pricing manipulation especially if we find that it’s across the board.
Curious to see if Genesis Corporate responds...my gut says they don't give a damn!

redneck

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
they dont care. i reported a dealer here in fl asking $12,000 over msrp & genesis said they are independant & can charge whatever they want

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Plus another $1694 for BS dealer add-ons. Telluride is still getting more than MSRP after two years. I wonder how the GV70 is doing? Maybe I should take a look at their board :)

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I did look at the GV70 board and the posts I read were pretty much the same as what we've experienced acquiring our GV80s. Some finding small discounts, some MSRP and others with hefty dealer upcharges. Like the GV80, the Prestige seems to be most in demand. (On the GV70 it's called Sport Prestige)

richdal

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Just purchased a Prestige 4 cylinder (1,200 miles now). For a guy who has driven 8s and sports cars, I worried about dropping down. This is my daily driver city car (< 10,000 miles a year) and I can say that I haven't missed a beat. There is plenty of power for city driving - the 4 has a better 0-60 than the 6 cylinder Palisade and Telluride. The only compromises of significance between the two Prestige models are the digital dash, heads-up display, and Napa leather. I have that stuff in other cars, the leather in the 4 cy. is comfortable, soooooo..... I am totally happy with the vehicle (so far).

Regarding price. I have a dealership literally 10 minutes from my home. They wanted $500 deposit just to talk to me, then tell me that they will call in about 8 months when they have cars to talk about. To heck with THAT. Others may have a different process, but I first zeroed in on one or two colors I would be happy with then spent time every day for a month looking at inventory from around the country (there wasn't much), with a focus on areas of the country that seems to be more competitive in terms of price. In the end, I bought a car online at a dealer in Kansas. I already have 3 black vehicles and I'm sick of all the white cars; bought gray w/ black leather interior.

The salesmen sent videos of the car, we did video chats while he walked around the car, showed me demos.... It was painless. The delivery charge was $500 (Kansas to Dallas), 2-day delivery. But, to the point of the question.... I paid MSRP and not one penny more. No trade-in. No add-ons, no paint protection package....

With inventory practically non-existent, dealers aren't playing well together in the sandbox right now, so don't expect dealers to cooperate in terms of getting inventory from another dealer. Search for the car you want, take your time, do the best you can, accept some compromise. Short of that, drive your clunker a while longer and pray for an end to the chip shortage and faster shipping freighters.

G-704916

Anyone care to share there pricing experience? I know it is a little early for this vehicle as it just came out but I believe they will eventually start to offer incentives and entertain negotiations later in the year. I am interested in buying this vehicle but I will not pay MSRP so I won't be getting one anytime soon(or maybe ever). I'm going to go after the Prestige Savile Silver/Black interior. Currently it is at MSRP of around 72350 plus tag/tax/title. I may have to wait until September but I hope not. Hopefully by sharing your pricing experience we can all benefit to be a little more knowledgeable going in.

Thanks!
MrGenesis2009
Hi, I bought my on February 24, 2021 - GV80 Advanced Plus White with dune interior for $71,598 out the door in San Diego, CA. This deal included wheel locks and bumper applique installed by the dealer as option.
The car performed very well on two trips I took so far. There is plenty of power for 3.5T AWD. Also, the HDA on this car was awesome. I also recommend you put a clear coat ceramic on the car after you buy the car. Find a local business. It is much cheaper than the dealer. It protects the paint nicely. The car seems nice and clean without washing. all this not to mention the compliment I received from other drivers and bystanders when I am out and about in town.

Hope this helps

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD

Curious to see if Genesis Corporate responds...my gut says they don't give a damn!

they dont care. i reported a dealer here in fl asking $12,000 over msrp & genesis said they are independant & can charge whatever they want

Really not much corporate can do about it due to state franchise laws, and there's a reason why the S in MSRP stands for suggested.

In some areas, there are Acura dealers with a $10k mark-up on the Type -S.

In other areas, dealerships are offering a slight discount.

It all depends on the demand for that locality.

For certain high performance variants (like the M2 CS), dealerships have been tacking on $60-80k.

For something more mundane like the Bronco, there are markups as high as $30k.

So shop around - best deal may require a flight or transport.

Last edited:

Jenesis

Hi, I bought my on February 24, 2021 - GV80 Advanced Plus White with dune interior for $71,598 out the door in San Diego, CA. This deal included wheel locks and bumper applique installed by the dealer as option.
The car performed very well on two trips I took so far. There is plenty of power for 3.5T AWD. Also, the HDA on this car was awesome. I also recommend you put a clear coat ceramic on the car after you buy the car. Find a local business. It is much cheaper than the dealer. It protects the paint nicely. The car seems nice and clean without washing. all this not to mention the compliment I received from other drivers and bystanders when I am out and about in town.

Hope this helps
Can you tell me your salesperson's name? That is a very decent deal.

Jenesis

Folks, I am getting my second GV80 Advance in the color I want for -$2500 off MSRP and no other dealership fees. Is this a great deal right now? (The car comes with dealer added accessories, such as mudguard, tire lock, first aid kit etc.)

tarradk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Originally thought I wanted a HG GV80 3.5 Prestige and put a deposit down for one coming 9/5, but soon discovered I really loved it in white. It was extremely tough to track one down that wasn’t already sold, but still listed, or listed but was being driven by the GM who wasn’t ready to let it go. Finally located one in Miami and moved quick enough to seal the deal! Exactly what I wanted, Alta white GV80 3.5 Prestige. What’s even better is that it was below MSRP bc it was being driven by GM, and had 950 miles. I’m still the original owner so will get new car benefits. Paid $68,982 after $1k in dealer fees but before TTL. I live in TX so should be scheduling to have it delivered next week! 🤞🏽Pics sent to me from dealership, since not in my possession yet.

Attachments

• BBB5A7C9-7C90-4E82-AD80-C5D4355FE534.jpeg
    BBB5A7C9-7C90-4E82-AD80-C5D4355FE534.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 4F5823C6-0073-4B54-BC09-1A1B5FA8D85F.jpeg
    4F5823C6-0073-4B54-BC09-1A1B5FA8D85F.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 18

Jenesis

Originally thought I wanted a HG GV80 3.5 Prestige and put a deposit down for one coming 9/5, but soon discovered I really loved it in white. It was extremely tough to track one down that wasn’t already sold, but still listed, or listed but was being driven by the GM who wasn’t ready to let it go. Finally located one in Miami and moved quick enough to seal the deal! Exactly what I wanted, Alta white GV80 3.5 Prestige. What’s even better is that it was below MSRP bc it was being driven by GM, and had 950 miles. I’m still the original owner so will get new car benefits. Paid $68,982 after $1k in dealer fees but before TTL. I live in TX so should be scheduling to have it delivered next week! 🤞🏽Pics sent to me from dealership, since not in my possession yet.
After taxes???

WHSYRDADDI

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Anyone care to share there pricing experience? I know it is a little early for this vehicle as it just came out but I believe they will eventually start to offer incentives and entertain negotiations later in the year. I am interested in buying this vehicle but I will not pay MSRP so I won't be getting one anytime soon(or maybe ever). I'm going to go after the Prestige Savile Silver/Black interior. Currently it is at MSRP of around 72350 plus tag/tax/title. I may have to wait until September but I hope not. Hopefully by sharing your pricing experience we can all benefit to be a little more knowledgeable going in.

Thanks!
MrGenesis2009
I went thru the Costco Auto Program and located a dealer who was willing to provide the discount. They sold me a Savile Silver GV80 Advanced 3.5 for $2000 over dealer invoice. I saved about $2500 versus the sticker price. However, I had to drive 5 hours to the participating dealership to pick it up. You have to be a Costco member to participate in the program. Good luck.

Jenesis

I went thru the Costco Auto Program and located a dealer who was willing to provide the discount. They sold me a Savile Silver GV80 Advanced 3.5 for $2000 over dealer invoice. I saved about $2500 versus the sticker price. However, I had to drive 5 hours to the participating dealership to pick it up. You have to be a Costco member to participate in the program. Good luck.
Where are you located and can you give us the breakdown?

Out the door price? What was invoice?

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners