Price Paid OTD for your GV80

WHSYRDADDI

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Where are you located and can you give us the breakdown?

Out the door price? What was invoice?
I'm in Syracuse and I bought it in Cleveland OH. Sticker was $65,775.00. The price from my agreement was $63,500.00 excluding NYS taxes. There was a $750 acquisition fee that was also added. I purchased it in March.

tarradk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
That's a solid deal. The best I can seem to get is 71.4K for GV80 Advance.
Definitely think there was some luck involved after so many disappointments. Would have even been $2k cheaper as they originally thought it had 4k miles on it. When they located it and saw it was only 951 they increased the price $2k. Don’t give up, keep looking! Surprisingly most people seem to be getting better deals out of state. I used the heck out of the genesis inventory search and cars.com on a daily basis calling and emailing dealerships.

Crito

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I paid $6K over MSRP at Genesis of Humble but really couldn't wait for the chip shortage to be over and they literally had just a handful of GV70/80's on the lot. Oh well, timing is everything and mine was bad this time around. Mercedes of the Woodlands had ZERO new GLAs and just two used ones BTW. Slim pickins I tellz ya!

jfrigo1003

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
officially bought a 3.5T Prestige this Saturday. MSRP was $72,270. First quote they gave me was with a dealer markup of $10,000. I visited 5 dealerships around me in IL and there were 9 total GV80's available. Ended up getting mine transferred from another dealer

After some negotiating I paid out the door $70,093 including all taxes/fees and $14,000 for my trade in. Overall they brought the cost/sale price of the car down to $76,000. Given the current market and craziness right now im satisfied

Picking it up today!

Rancejunge

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Straight cash deal Genesis GV80 Advance Plus Adriatic Blue & Dune was MSRP directly off the window sticker and a $599 BS fee. Many of the dealers I dealt with had to have $5000 over and were getting it. They wanted $12,000 over MSRP for the Palisade?? Never paid MSRP but felt lucky to even get one.

I aslo have a Telluide on order in SX prestige on order for MSRP and told it will be 6 to 8 months to get it. The way I see it inflation and shortages are getting out of control and how could it get better with this current leadership we have now?

rpmgolfs

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Just purchased a Prestige 4 cylinder (1,200 miles now). For a guy who has driven 8s and sports cars, I worried about dropping down. This is my daily driver city car (< 10,000 miles a year) and I can say that I haven't missed a beat. There is plenty of power for city driving - the 4 has a better 0-60 than the 6 cylinder Palisade and Telluride. The only compromises of significance between the two Prestige models are the digital dash, heads-up display, and Napa leather. I have that stuff in other cars, the leather in the 4 cy. is comfortable, soooooo..... I am totally happy with the vehicle (so far).

Regarding price. I have a dealership literally 10 minutes from my home. They wanted $500 deposit just to talk to me, then tell me that they will call in about 8 months when they have cars to talk about. To heck with THAT. Others may have a different process, but I first zeroed in on one or two colors I would be happy with then spent time every day for a month looking at inventory from around the country (there wasn't much), with a focus on areas of the country that seems to be more competitive in terms of price. In the end, I bought a car online at a dealer in Kansas. I already have 3 black vehicles and I'm sick of all the white cars; bought gray w/ black leather interior.

The salesmen sent videos of the car, we did video chats while he walked around the car, showed me demos.... It was painless. The delivery charge was $500 (Kansas to Dallas), 2-day delivery. But, to the point of the question.... I paid MSRP and not one penny more. No trade-in. No add-ons, no paint protection package....

With inventory practically non-existent, dealers aren't playing well together in the sandbox right now, so don't expect dealers to cooperate in terms of getting inventory from another dealer. Search for the car you want, take your time, do the best you can, accept some compromise. Short of that, drive your clunker a while longer and pray for an end to the chip shortage and faster shipping freighters.
Did you get it from a dealer here in KC? Which one?

jjl256

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Just got my 3.5L Prestige (Cardiff green on green) yesterday. Most dealers around me (Sacramento CA) seemed to have all GV80s $10k-$12k above MSRP. Found a dealer about a 100 miles away (SF east bay area) that had it for $9995 above MSRP. Called up and told them I would not pay above MSRP and if they would guarantee that price (and verify that it was not a service loaner or the "test drive" car) I would hop in the car with a check and buy it... and with only a few "let me speak with my manager, GSM..." they surprisingly agreed. Out the door was $80,604 and took about 2 hours (biggest complaint was that I felt like I was treated like I was buying a stripped down Hyundai Accent - Genesis really does need to have their own dealership and staff!)

First time I have ever paid MSRP for any car, but felt it was worth it as I am not sure when these supply chain issues and chip shortages are going to end... and no one knows when 2022 model is coming and what that supply is going to be like.

Drive home was alot of fun and so far (110 miles and 1 day in) loving the car!

JEdwards

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Just got my 3.5L Prestige (Cardiff green on green) yesterday.

Congratulations. It is striking color combo, isn't it?

I accidentally bought a green on green one recently, and am amazed by how much more I love it than I thought I would.

In keeping with the thread topic, both this one and my previous GV80 were bought for MSRP.

GSUV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Straight cash deal Genesis GV80 Advance Plus Adriatic Blue & Dune was MSRP directly off the window sticker and a $599 BS fee. Many of the dealers I dealt with had to have $5000 over and were getting it. They wanted $12,000 over MSRP for the Palisade?? Never paid MSRP but felt lucky to even get one.

I aslo have a Telluide on order in SX prestige on order for MSRP and told it will be 6 to 8 months to get it. The way I see it inflation and shortages are getting out of control and how could it get better with this current leadership we have now?
I don't understand people who think like this. Do you think the inflation and staggering debt are due to whatever the most recent President did over the last 9 months? You have to be kidding me.

jjl256

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Congratulations. It is striking color combo, isn't it?

I accidentally bought a green on green one recently, and am amazed by how much more I love it than I thought I would.

In keeping with the thread topic, both this one and my previous GV80 were bought for MSRP.
Thanks! Yes, it is a perfect combo. Its amazing how hard they are to come by though. Congrats to you as well

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Rancejunge

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I don't understand people who think like this. Do you think the inflation and staggering debt are due to whatever the most recent President did over the last 9 months? You have to be kidding me.
LMAO....sorry I can't help you being a little slow.

Rancejunge

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
LOL....I don't think either of you read my post correctly? I am talking about buying cars now versus waiting because the future looks like it could have more surprises for us with inflation and shortages at an accelerated rate. Maybe your crystal ball is better than mine and that will not happen with all this excess $$$$$$ printing LOL. In my post where did I say that we have not had inflation from the previous years? WOW LOL?? I just payed my sells tax on my GV80 which alone cost me more than the new 1973 Chevy I ordered when I was in High School so there has been plenty of inflation thru the years.

Trying to keep this on topic LOL I just left some Chicago area dealers and saw very few GV80s one was Green exterior with green interior which really looked nice Premier with 3.5t the only other ones I saw where 2 white with the 2.5t. Dealers talked about getting $5000 over MSRP.

Last edited:

jfrigo1003

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Just got my 3.5L Prestige (Cardiff green on green) yesterday. Most dealers around me (Sacramento CA) seemed to have all GV80s $10k-$12k above MSRP. Found a dealer about a 100 miles away (SF east bay area) that had it for $9995 above MSRP. Called up and told them I would not pay above MSRP and if they would guarantee that price (and verify that it was not a service loaner or the "test drive" car) I would hop in the car with a check and buy it... and with only a few "let me speak with my manager, GSM..." they surprisingly agreed. Out the door was $80,604 and took about 2 hours (biggest complaint was that I felt like I was treated like I was buying a stripped down Hyundai Accent - Genesis really does need to have their own dealership and staff!)

First time I have ever paid MSRP for any car, but felt it was worth it as I am not sure when these supply chain issues and chip shortages are going to end... and no one knows when 2022 model is coming and what that supply is going to be like.

Drive home was alot of fun and so far (110 miles and 1 day in) loving the car!
Gotta say even tho I love my Himalayan gray with Dune interior, the green on green really intrigued me. I thought it was cool and wished I could have seen one in person first but my wife was not having it lol. Like you said everything is extremely hard to find so when my dealer made 10+ calls around to finally find one with Dune interior I didnt want to make him find a green on green with the potential to not even like it

A J

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Just purchased a Prestige 4 cylinder (1,200 miles now). For a guy who has driven 8s and sports cars, I worried about dropping down. This is my daily driver city car (< 10,000 miles a year) and I can say that I haven't missed a beat. There is plenty of power for city driving - the 4 has a better 0-60 than the 6 cylinder Palisade and Telluride. The only compromises of significance between the two Prestige models are the digital dash, heads-up display, and Napa leather. I have that stuff in other cars, the leather in the 4 cy. is comfortable, soooooo..... I am totally happy with the vehicle (so far).

Regarding price. I have a dealership literally 10 minutes from my home. They wanted $500 deposit just to talk to me, then tell me that they will call in about 8 months when they have cars to talk about. To heck with THAT. Others may have a different process, but I first zeroed in on one or two colors I would be happy with then spent time every day for a month looking at inventory from around the country (there wasn't much), with a focus on areas of the country that seems to be more competitive in terms of price. In the end, I bought a car online at a dealer in Kansas. I already have 3 black vehicles and I'm sick of all the white cars; bought gray w/ black leather interior.

The salesmen sent videos of the car, we did video chats while he walked around the car, showed me demos.... It was painless. The delivery charge was $500 (Kansas to Dallas), 2-day delivery. But, to the point of the question.... I paid MSRP and not one penny more. No trade-in. No add-ons, no paint protection package....

With inventory practically non-existent, dealers aren't playing well together in the sandbox right now, so don't expect dealers to cooperate in terms of getting inventory from another dealer. Search for the car you want, take your time, do the best you can, accept some compromise. Short of that, drive your clunker a while longer and pray for an end to the chip shortage and faster shipping freighters.
Interesting,I bought the 2.5 prestige,blue with dune. Like you spent weeks shopping all of dfw,then got going further and further out of state,finally hit the jackpot in witchata,Kansas,750.00 to ship.paid msrp.he thru in window tint,I thru in a trailer hitch I’d never use.having pro ceramic silver package put on this week.can’t wait soon enough.

tarradk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Interesting,I bought the 2.5 prestige,blue with dune. Like you spent weeks shopping all of dfw,then got going further and further out of state,finally hit the jackpot in witchata,Kansas,750.00 to ship.paid msrp.he thru in window tint,I thru in a trailer hitch I’d never use.having pro ceramic silver package put on this week.can’t wait soon enough.
Hello DFWers lol I went a little further and had to purchase in Florida to Fort Worth. Well worth it aside from the headache I’m having with getting the dealership to follow through with getting me registered in TX! I have specialty plates waiting at the tax office to be assigned to my car and can’t pick them up bc they just now sent my paperwork to their 3rd party company to prepare and send to the county. I purchased 7/30. Are y’all in the same boat or to early to tell?

A J

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Hello DFWers lol I went a little further and had to purchase in Florida to Fort Worth. Well worth it aside from the headache I’m having with getting the dealership to follow through with getting me registered in TX! I have specialty plates waiting at the tax office to be assigned to my car and can’t pick them up bc they just now sent my paperwork to their 3rd party company to prepare and send to the county. I purchased 7/30. Are y’all in the same boat or to early to tell?
I signed off on the purchase contract and eta was the 15th but perhaps the 17th … window tint and ceramic pro coating ,silver package,early next week, two days to cure ceramic,then ships to me from Kansas.Hoping for next Saturday. There is a lean code # you have to have for registration …i will order my plates.com soon!
I have a brother in law from ny who chills out in Naples every winter … he tell me these gv80 s are everywhere!

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners