• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Prices Paid for GV70

Speed=D/T

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just picked up one from Genesis of North Plainfield, payed MSRP plus $399 Doc fee & $299 window etched.
I did not fight to get the $299 removed, based on the fact they've built out a new store just for Genesis.
The vin was in the 515** number range, never looked at the build date.
How did they treat you at this dealership? They seem decent along with Genesis of Mahwah.

RTD

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Which dealer? I was charged $1500 for ceramic coating as well.
Totally agree re the dealerships. Most miserable experience buying my 2022 prestige. Humble Hyundai in Tx were the epitome of the ‘used car salesman’ label. Now Im on the hunt for a more ‘honest’ dealership for servicing.

mwatt65

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I found them to be great, I bought a Kia Forte GT last month at Sansone tried to take it back two days later!
I found it scary to drive it, when i test drove it I was on local streets, it seemed ok.
I paid $27k plus fees for the Forte GT they wanted $37k plus the Forte GT
I then went to Carmax who offered me $27k for the Forte, still waiting on the title from DMV.
Called around Genesis of North Plainfield are not marking up their Genesis, drove straight there & bought the GV70
dealt with Ryan & Francisco, no BS.

Last edited:

Imaustralian

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hi there, in Australia Genesis owns all the Dealerships, therefore the price is firm. My GV70 2.5T AWD with Luxury package was AUD $84K.

wdrosel

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I'm having a heck of a time finding a dealer in the Chicago area that doesn't have markups. There's is one dealer that has the exact color and trim (2.5T Select) that I'm looking for and of course, is asking for a 10% markup and won't negotiate over the phone. I did find a dealer in central IL that is willing to order for MSRP but from what I hear Genesis is shipping mostly 3.5Ts to dealers for the foreseeable future.
What dealership in Central Illinois will order one at MSRP?

adb280z

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Anyone have any luck finding MSRP or below in NY/NJ/CT? Trying to get a Grey/White with black interior 2.5 Advanced and Cherry Hill was willing to do MSRP but then added on $2k in warranty and other coverages that could not be waived, and also lowballed my trade in $21k compared to $23.5k from carmax, but I want that tax credit).
Who did you deal with in Cherry Hill, I worked with Eric and didn't have any of those issues. They were great to me.

3putts

SUSTAINING MEMBER
tulsa, ok
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I took delivery today at msrp from a dealer in Witchita that shipped it to me. I live 200 miles away and it was 350 to ship. Probably could get it to Illinois for 1000 or less. They seemed to be good people to work with. I bought a 2.5 advanced. They did have a 400 doc fee but not bad with what I read here.

hockeypuck03

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Who did you deal with in Cherry Hill, I worked with Eric and didn't have any of those issues. They were great to me.
Karishma but then Art quickly jumped in and fixed this issue. Now just charging MSRP and awaiting car delivery in late February. Appraisal for trade-in price increased a bit but contingent on in person inspection but I took good pics of our trade so hoping they don’t pull a fast one on me and dock us when we get there to complete the transaction. It’s a 2 hour drive for us.

fjfarkas

Registered Member
Atlanta GA
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
MSRP for mine and not a Penny more. They also matched the Carvana purchase offer on my trade which was way above where I thought it would be. So, never have I EVER paid MSRP for any car, but given the circumstances, I'll let myself slide. Regardless, compared to the competition, I couldn't be happier with what I'm getting.

fjfarkas

Registered Member
Atlanta GA
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I took delivery today at msrp from a dealer in Witchita that shipped it to me. I live 200 miles away and it was 350 to ship. Probably could get it to Illinois for 1000 or less. They seemed to be good people to work with. I bought a 2.5 advanced. They did have a 400 doc fee but not bad with what I read here.
That doc fee is super low compared to most others. County yourself lucky

808kk

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Please share with us prospective buyers what you paid for your GV70. Not so much interested in out the door price because every state is different on taxes, trade ins, etc. More interested in the amount you paid over MSRP, MSRP or under MSRP. Thanks for sharing.
600 below msrp. I am in California

808kk

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
3.5 prestige. This includes add ons; lo jack and door edge guards.

808kk

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Which dealership? How'd you negotiate? C'mon
Genesis South Bay. i actually got around a 700 discount. i didnt really negotiate.. i only said that i am not paying full MSRP and i only expected first responder $500 off. thats it! sales person tried to pull a Jedi Mind Trick and says Bec i came back( i was there earlier in week to look at a GV70)the MGR will tke 4k off sticker! im thinkin ya right! 💩here we go! so they did tke 4k off which made the price 60,045. BUT added LoJack and door edge guards in accessories section which costs $3300. i was still getting the car for 63,345 which was fine with me! i didnt want any add ons but the Lo Jack units are already installed on the vehicles. At least tht what i was told.
and im sure dealer is getting incentives from LoJack.

Attachments

• 18B7797F-615B-435A-B86B-6B85F9ABBA3C.jpeg
    18B7797F-615B-435A-B86B-6B85F9ABBA3C.jpeg
    385.9 KB · Views: 27

ultra63

Been here awhile...
FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
More reasons to love Hyundai car dealers The car has a low jack equivalent built in and you may want to remove those door guards which are out of place on a luxury car

"This weeks Fast Friday video is on why you should NOT use plastic door edge protectors. These protectors end up doing more harm than good in the log run. They collect water, sand, and dirt and keep it pressed up against your paint. No Good!"

808kk

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
More reasons to love Hyundai car dealers The car has a low jack equivalent built in and you may want to remove those door guards which are out of place on a luxury car

"This weeks Fast Friday video is on why you should NOT use plastic door edge protectors. These protectors end up doing more harm than good in the log run. They collect water, sand, and dirt and keep it pressed up against your paint. No Good!"
they are clear door guards. not even noticeable

REDstone

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Genesis South Bay. i actually got around a 700 discount. i didnt really negotiate.. i only said that i am not paying full MSRP and i only expected first responder $500 off. thats it! sales person tried to pull a Jedi Mind Trick and says Bec i came back( i was there earlier in week to look at a GV70)the MGR will tke 4k off sticker! im thinkin ya right! 💩here we go! so they did tke 4k off which made the price 60,045. BUT added LoJack and door edge guards in accessories section which costs $3300. i was still getting the car for 63,345 which was fine with me! i didnt want any add ons but the Lo Jack units are already installed on the vehicles. At least tht what i was told.
and im sure dealer is getting incentives from LoJack.
Thank you! South Bay Genesis is actually my local dealer as well. This is great info for when my custom order comes in and they try the mandatory $3300 dealer accessories package on me.

808kk

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Thank you! South Bay Genesis is actually my local dealer as well. This is great info for when my custom order comes in and they try the mandatory $3300 dealer accessories package on me.
🤣per salesman.. he said if i stood firm and refused the add ons they would have let me walk away! hard to believe but then again hes a car salesman! he said people buy the GV 70s at sticker PLUS add ons so basically saying a normal sport prestige 3.5 at 64,045 would now cost around 67,345.. good luck! fyi... i wrote a lengthy review on yelp.