Prices Paid for GV70

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I don't mind buying MSRP for top trim Sports Prestige but would like to try to have them throw in mud guards and illuminated door scuff.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
BMW and MB are liking the margins they're seeing despite lower volume, so both are planning to hold to that line even when the chip shortage fades.

drjsg

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
i have a 2020 es350 also that i might trade for a gv70 ,,,,not many around and don't want to settle for color thats not favorite spending that much money
Also trading in Lexus ES350 for the GV70. Had an interesting conversation with a dealer that is out of state for me. I asked if he was selling at MSRP and he said yes. That Genesis frowned on those dealers selling above MSRP and their allotment will be cut back. Hmmmm...

Dumpling

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
53K for 3.5 advanced? How is that a $2,500 discount?
They discounted the original price of the car by that amount and then with the trade in plus incentive I got it for the 53K OTD.

bill davis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
what would one consider a great OTD price for the 3.5TT Prestige?
I'm being offered 2500 off MSRP on the 3.5TT Prestige but after fees and stuff it's about 67K out the door.
sounds about right ,,,tax by me is 4500
I don't mind buying MSRP for top trim Sports Prestige but would like to try to have them throw in mud guards and illuminated door scuff.
ask for little add on stuff after you make deal,,,say you will take it if they throw in such and such

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
D2C1D886-61AD-441A-8979-7C9EA0955008.jpeg

Could use some assistance here...

I am close to making a decision on a GV70 3.5 Sport Prestige

The MSRP is $64,575. That sticker price is actually almost $2k more than configured on the Genesis site.

I can go to the dealer's website, put in my down payment and financing terms, calculate taxes and get my final price.

I don't mind saying: I am putting $50k down and my payments for 48 months will be in the low 400s. Financing is under 2%

Questions:

1. Is that MSRP negotiable? From what I have been reading, you can't negotiate with Genesis.
2. Is the monthly price that I am given on the dealer's website after down payment and taxes are factored in FINAL? I don't want to go to the dealer and have them stick in all sorts of extra fees. Are all the DMV and other costs factored into that price or am I going to by ponying up another few thousand for them?

3. This was answered above, but I'll get more opinions -- what are the chances that I can stall on the purchase and ask that they throw in mud flaps and an illuminated door sill (retail cost around $550) to seal the deal?

Anything else I should be awareful or mindful of when dealing with pricing?

PS: Looks like fees are included in my final monthly payment. How does the following look to you guys?

1850D026-CCE8-4648-AA2E-BD7EF7AC9A22.jpeg

Last edited:

Galvo

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
View attachment 39857

The MSRP is $64,575. That sticker price is actually almost $2k more than configured on the Genesis site.

I can go to the dealer's website, put in my down payment and financing terms, calculate taxes and get my final price.

I don't mind saying: I am putting $50k down and my payments for 48 months will be in the low 400s. Financing is under 2%

Questions:

1. Is that MSRP negotiable? From what I have been reading, you can't negotiate with Genesis.
2. Is the monthly price that I am given on the dealer's website after down payment and taxes are factored in FINAL? I don't want to go to the dealer and have them stick in all sorts of extra fees. Are all the DMV and other costs factored into that price or am I going to by ponying up another few thousand for them?

3. This was answered above, but I'll get more opinions -- what are the chances that I can stall on the purchase and ask that they throw in mud flaps and an illuminated door sill (retail cost around $550) to seal the deal?

View attachment 39857

Questions:

The MSRP is negotiable, so is your trade-in if applicable to your case. If they won’t negotiate and even if they do call other dealerships to see if they’ll negotiate and compare prices. You should end up with a final out the door cash price. That price can be financed by any loan institution including the dealerships. You should reach out to a few loan companies to compare rates, other costs etc. as that payment you are about to take on is also negotiable. Hope this helps.

Crider

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70

Questions:

PS: Looks like fees are included in my final monthly payment. How does the following look to you
Could you not earn more than 1.5 or 2% or your 50K? Seems a better option to finance and invest the cash. That sticker seems correct. Did you factor in destination charges?

Last edited:

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The MSRP is negotiable, so is your trade-in if applicable to your case. If they won’t negotiate and even if they do call other dealerships to see if they’ll negotiate and compare prices. You should end up with a final out the door cash price. That price can be financed by any loan institution including the dealerships. You should reach out to a few loan companies to compare rates, other costs etc. as that payment you are about to take on is also negotiable. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Galvo!

Hoping for some examples of how low I can get them down in price.

As for financing, even my credit union comes in at 1.99% so, really, I don't think I can get a better finance rate for 36-48 months.

My trade-in is a lease that I will purchase through Lincoln. The Blue Book value is only $1k more than what the payoff price is. So, if I get the dealership to give me the actual lease payout I had to pay Lincoln I will be reasonably happy.

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Could you not earn more than 1.5 or 2% or your 50K? Seems a better option to finance and invest the cash.

You see, this is where I am not so smart.

I could put less down, finance more and deal with higher car payments (that I will have to take out of what I was going to put down anyway).

So, if you could better explain a way to do this I would really appreciate that. This is a learning experience for me.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners