Pricing

Chemmaster

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
My apologies in advance if this has been discussed in detail already. Today I was offered only $500 off MSRP, 3.5T in the VIK Black and red interior is the Sports Prestige Package. The out door price is $64,075 + $599 Doc Fee + $135 Government Fee = Grant Total of $64,809. I hate that I am only getting $500 of MSRP, in the old days, would be around %6 to %10 off or so. Can you guys please let me know if this is a good deal? I am getting the promotion of 1.9 APR for 60 months. Many thanks.

I should add that they are offering me fair market value for my trade in according to KBB.

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My apologies in advance if this has been discussed in detail already. Today I was offered only $500 off MSRP, 3.5T in the VIK Black and red interior is the Sports Prestige Package. The out door price is $64,075 + $599 Doc Fee + $135 Government Fee = Grant Total of $64,809. I hate that I am only getting $500 of MSRP, in the old days, would be around %6 to %10 off or so. Can you guys please let me know if this is a good deal? I am getting the promotion of 1.9 APR for 60 months. Many thanks.

I should add that they are offering me fair market value for my trade in according to KBB.
Before you trade you car, see how much carfax, carvana, vroom and algo will offer. Likely thousands more than the dealer.
As far as the discount, you wont see much but I have been offered 1k off. So email several dealers ask for 1500 off and see if they bite. You wont see significant discounts due to the car being new and chip shortages. You might do better in August.

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ford just shut down production on F-150's due to chip shortage. It's not going away anytime soon.
Not that it's relevant to this thread but it is going away soon. See the Wall Street journal article I've posted several times the chips are on the way. We've already seen Genesis drop the money factor on the GV70 after only 3 weeks August is going to bring some additional discounts. That said, I was offered $1,000 off of 3.5 prestige last month you just need a shop dealerships. I got that without even trying. Don't be a sucker and pay full MSRP.

KDav

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not that it's relevant to this thread but it is going away soon. See the Wall Street journal article I've posted several times the chips are on the way. We've already seen Genesis drop the money factor on the GV70 after only 3 weeks August is going to bring some additional discounts. That said, I was offered $1,000 off of 3.5 prestige last month you just need a shop dealerships. I got that without even trying. Don't be a sucker and pay full MSRP.
Intel CEO Says Chip Shortage Could Stretch Into 2023 Intel CEO Says Chip Shortage Could Stretch Into 2023

Mixed messages. I don't think there's a clear conclusion that August (a week away) is some light at the end of the tunnel.

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Intel CEO Says Chip Shortage Could Stretch Into 2023 Intel CEO Says Chip Shortage Could Stretch Into 2023

Mixed messages. I don't think there's a clear conclusion that August (a week away) is some light at the end of the tunnel.
You're confusing the general chip shortage with the automotive shortage. TSMC Expects Auto-Chip Shortage to Abate This Quarter

Again the shortage is irrelevant because we have seen people get at least 1,000 off of MSRP.. as these cars pile onto the lots they're going to need to discount them further because they're not selling.

Dearpie

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Before you trade you car, see how much carfax, carvana, vroom and algo will offer. Likely thousands more than the dealer.
As far as the discount, you wont see much but I have been offered 1k off. So email several dealers ask for 1500 off and see if they bite. You wont see significant discounts due to the car being new and chip shortages. You might do better in August.
You were offered a discount? I keep hearing about dealerships charging $5K OVER MSRP! I've got a deposit on one due to arrive Aug 13, at MSRP and a few of the dealer 'value add ons'. Hmmm

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You were offered a discount? I keep hearing about dealerships charging $5K OVER MSRP! I've got a deposit on one due to arrive Aug 13, at MSRP and a few of the dealer 'value add ons'. Hmmm
Absolutely, email 5 or 10 dealerships if you have to. Tell them what you're willing to pay don't ask them what they're selling the car for.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I had to fight tooth and nail for $500 off msrp off a 2.5t base standard trim with a paint color that costs 500 bucks more.

Unless you're getting one specific shade of white, all the other paints costs anywhere from 500-1500. And then they tack on a delivery fee of 1095 or something similar did get a Carvana quote match at the dealer and got an absurd amount of money for my 2019 G70.

Doc fee was a RIDICULOUS, $899 at my dealership. Lowest in the area is $499 but back then nobody had 2.5Ts and this one had just come off the truck with the wrapping still on it.

Chemmaster

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I did and shop around, but the dealers buy me won't move off MSRP 😒 unfortunately.

ronsal

Registered Member
Rhode Island
I did and shop around, but the dealers buy me won't move off MSRP 😒 unfortunately.
Your experience seems to be what is most commonly reported on this site. The very few reports of discounts are outliers. Should you spend lotsa time searching high and low for an extra per cent or percent and a half off? That depends on you and how you value your time. However, what is reported here would indicate that it would be close to futile.
Whichever direction you go in, good luck........

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

KDav

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You're confusing the general chip shortage with the automotive shortage. TSMC Expects Auto-Chip Shortage to Abate This Quarter

Again the shortage is irrelevant because we have seen people get at least 1,000 off of MSRP.. as these cars pile onto the lots they're going to need to discount them further because they're not selling.
I'm not confusing anything. Intel has entered the auto chip market precisely because of the duration of the shortages and it is not supposed to bottom out in auto until a few more months. So August which is <10 days away isn't some magic inflection point for Autos based on this article from yesterday.

Also, your contention that anyone can easily get a discount if they shop around to 5 or 10 different dealers may be true, but my time is not worth hours of waiting on the phone, going back and forth on different trims that I may or may not want, to save $500-1000 for a car I have been waiting on for nearly a year. And "we have seen people get at least 1,000 off" does not describe the majority of buyers thus far whatsoever.

You can prognosticate what will happen in a few months because (as you claim) they just aren't selling (which seems odd to me because they outsold the rest of all Genesis cars in the last two weeks of June), but for now, very few if any cars are being discounted, including this model.

You can say whatever you want to believe but right now you're living on a different planet than everyone else on this forum.

KDav

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Your experience seems to be what is most commonly reported on this site. The very few reports of discounts are outliers. Should you spend lotsa time searching high and low for an extra per cent or percent and a half off? That depends on you and how you value your time. However, what is reported here would indicate that it would be close to futile.
Whichever direction you go in, good luck........
The best strategy is to spend two weeks getting in contact with 15 dealers, half of which won't return your email so you have to call them or visit them in person. Then settle for $500 discount for a Trim you don't want and features you don't need in a color you don't like that is 200 miles away... 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
soon as in at the earliest end of summer...

however, it will still take time to ramp production back up and get to a point where we were with a surplus of new cars.

and before you go with your usual "o so you know things TSMC doesnt", in your article you like to link, it says end of summer the chip shortage will start to ease.

Firechaser

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70

That’s what i paid in California… kinda went to dealership

continued… knowing i was going to pay full sticker… ef it I wanted the car

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Getting even $500 off... is good for this vehicle today. I paid ( leased ) off of full MSRP.

it is what it is and for me right now in my life and this screwed up world totally worth it. And for those who want to criticize for not shopping 10 different dealers, spending days on-line or driving 300 miles to save a grand on a 65k car is kind of silly to me.

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Getting even $500 off... is good for this vehicle today. I paid ( leased ) off of full MSRP.

it is what it is and for me right now in my life and this screwed up world totally worth it. And for those who want to criticize for not shopping 10 different dealers, spending days on-line or driving 300 miles to save a grand on a 65k car is kind of silly to me.
Not days online. I got an offer of 1k off from the second dealer. Literally take 1 min to email 5-10 dealers. Stop pretending that money doesn't matter. It does, otherwise you would be in a different car. 1k off at the minimum today. Just because you ovepaid doesn't mean others need to do the same.

Blitz118

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Not days online. I got an offer of 1k off from the second dealer. Literally take 1 min to email 5-10 dealers. Stop pretending that money doesn't matter. It does, otherwise you would be in a different car. 1k off at the minimum today. Just because you ovepaid doesn't mean others need to do the same.
So where is your GV70?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners