Pricing

Djasinsk

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Northern virginia. 2.5 select. Paid msrp plus 750 dealer prep/doc. From what I could tell locally. It’s basically msrp for most deals. Some of the fully loaded ones are going for 1k discount. 2.5 supply is ramping up.
I have never paid msrp in my life but my trade (which I sold elsewhere) was worth 50% more than it was worth in Jan 2020. Got 8350 for a 10 year old equinox lt with 80k miles. Only paid 22k for it new. The trade made up for lack of discount. There are only a few people still paying over msrp plus std doc fee. Most of those deals were in June and early July.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Blitz118

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I'm waiting for a larger discount than a measly 1k. That's a suckers deal.
You talk like a wheel dealer, so why can't you negotiate the price of the car? So every GV70 owner on the forum who decided they wanted the car and paid whatever they felt was fair to them are suckers?

ridgleysue

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
My apologies in advance if this has been discussed in detail already. Today I was offered only $500 off MSRP, 3.5T in the VIK Black and red interior is the Sports Prestige Package. The out door price is $64,075 + $599 Doc Fee + $135 Government Fee = Grant Total of $64,809. I hate that I am only getting $500 of MSRP, in the old days, would be around %6 to %10 off or so. Can you guys please let me know if this is a good deal? I am getting the promotion of 1.9 APR for 60 months. Many thanks.

I should add that they are offering me fair market value for my trade in according to KBB.
I just bought a 3.5T Sports Advanced yesterday for full sticker -$100 first time Genesis buyer + doc fee and license fee. It was the package I wanted (Sports Advanced) in the colors I wanted (Himalayan Gray with Red interior). The dealership gave me fair market value for my 2016 Lexus IS300. I drove it home happy! Now, I just have to figure out all the technology!

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You talk like a wheel dealer, so why can't you negotiate the price of the car? So every GV70 owner on the forum who decided they wanted the car and paid whatever they felt was fair to them are suckers?
I have been able to negotiate $1,000 off MSRP that is insufficient for me. Yes anyone who paid MSRP is a sucker. Moreover those who at leased in June did even worse because there was a huge money factor drop in July. Basically what I see is a bunch of people trying to justify overpaying by saying it's not worth the hassle to negotiate which is insane. You could probably get a deal with a broker with less work than going to a dealership and still make out ahead if you're too lazy to do it yourself.

tb3573

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
You're so worried about someone taking advantage of you that you'll live your whole life revolving around trying to get one-up on a salesperson.

If $1,000 off isn't enough for you, so be it, but it doesn't make everyone else stupid. If I recall your posts, your first call was $500 off. Now your second call is $1,000 off. Damn, you have the magic touch. You should be set by noon today.

Looking forward to your post on when you pull the trigger - the date and the $ along with trade-in - we'll see if it's a better deal than the net (out the door) price that folks are getting today with their trades. Oh, and you're likely to have purchased a vehicle getting close to the end of the model year - if ever.

Everyone has their reasons for buying - it's getting old that you're slamming everyone else just because their decision-making process isn't the same as you. And yes, time is money - many people would rather have that time than another $500 off. I don't drive around town looking for $.05 off on a gallon of gas for example.

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You're so worried about someone taking advantage of you that you'll live your whole life revolving around trying to get one-up on a salesperson.

If $1,000 off isn't enough for you, so be it, but it doesn't make everyone else stupid. If I recall your posts, your first call was $500 off. Now your second call is $1,000 off. Damn, you have the magic touch. You should be set by noon today.

Looking forward to your post on when you pull the trigger - the date and the $ along with trade-in - we'll see if it's a better deal than the net (out the door) price that folks are getting today with their trades. Oh, and you're likely to have purchased a vehicle getting close to the end of the model year - if ever.

Everyone has their reasons for buying - it's getting old that you're slamming everyone else just because their decision-making process isn't the same as you. And yes, time is money - many people would rather have that time than another $500 off. I don't drive around town looking for $.05 off on a gallon of gas for example.
You are confused. I'm not concerned or worried. I just refused to be scammed or overpay for anything that I know I can get for significantly less if I wait a few months. For example anyone who least in June paid about 50 bucks a month more than someone who leased in July that's $1,800 right there. I do not have trade I have an Audi lease that has no equity. By your logic you should just walk into a dealer and agree to pay MSRP anytime any day because what's 1,000 or 2,000 or $3,000 between friends. My point is at the same time these suckers paid MSRP and some paid for dealer add ons they could have paid $1,000 under MSRP. With minimal effort required.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Not days online. I got an offer of 1k off from the second dealer. Literally take 1 min to email 5-10 dealers. Stop pretending that money doesn't matter. It does, otherwise you would be in a different car. 1k off at the minimum today. Just because you ovepaid doesn't mean others need to do the same.
Oh boy.... a whole thousand dollars off. Whoopee. ( that's like $800 with the fake inflation) If you think getting on-line or phone "offers" from any dealer in today's market means anything you're smoking crack. Yes... at another time on another vehicle that is not brand new during total upheaval in the car market, cross shop until you drop if thats your bag but I wasn't wasting my time on this lease because it wasn't worth it to me. I wanted it when I wanted it. They had what I wanted, I got more than I ever thought I would for my trade-in and didn't have the hassle of selling it myself so I got it.

Can't say money doesn't matter to me anymore but I'm not cheap. I don't torture myself over luxury purchases or anything that is not a necessity. If I want something I buy it. If the price drops later ( which always happens) I could give two S#@T's.

And while I'm at it you're also wrong on how long this chip shortage is going to affect not only the auto industry ; but EVERYTHING. Minimally halfway into 2022 and probably longer.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not just chips, by the way. My master bath is mid-reno and the faucets I ordered four months ago have been back ordered with an eta a month away four times now, and the latest, this week, says 6 Sept. which I do not believe. Final plumbing visit is 6 August. I found the only two faucets of my style, which match the other items in the bath and have been installed already, on Ebay. No other plumbing house or jobber had them anywhere and I looked as hard as I could. The Ebay-er had the last two. I think he did not know it. This is a U. S. manufacturer. These are 700$ faucets fyi. Damn, I was crushed then hit by luck lightning.

Blitz118

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I have been able to negotiate $1,000 off MSRP that is insufficient for me. Yes anyone who paid MSRP is a sucker. Moreover those who at leased in June did even worse because there was a huge money factor drop in July. Basically what I see is a bunch of people trying to justify overpaying by saying it's not worth the hassle to negotiate which is insane. You could probably get a deal with a broker with less work than going to a dealership and still make out ahead if you're too lazy to do it yourself.
By the time you get a car, my lease will be up, and I've moved on to another vehicle. So in the meantime, I'll be out driving my GV70 Sport Prestige while you sit there waiting on the perfect deal. I had it out yesterday playing around with the Sport and Sport Plus modes, and it was a blast.

tb3573

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
You are confused. I'm not concerned or worried. I just refused to be scammed or overpay for anything that I know I can get for significantly less if I wait a few months. For example anyone who least in June paid about 50 bucks a month more than someone who leased in July that's $1,800 right there. I do not have trade I have an Audi lease that has no equity. By your logic you should just walk into a dealer and agree to pay MSRP anytime any day because what's 1,000 or 2,000 or $3,000 between friends. My point is at the same time these suckers paid MSRP and some paid for dealer add ons they could have paid $1,000 under MSRP. With minimal effort required.
No, not confused. Point is that you're calling everyone stupid. And yes, you're concerned or worried. Once again, the first sentence you type contains "scammed".

Not everyone wants a lease. Not everyone has a lease. Most people have a trade. You value getting $ off rather than getting the car now. Nothing wrong with any of that, but nearly everyone else has a different situation and/or values different things. People overpay and some are in fact scammed. However, just because someone paid MSRP today doesn't mean they were scammed. It means that MSRP showed value against what they considered valuable and perhaps even hard $ in a crazy car market.

How long does a couple months end up being to get the $ off you want? What is the opportunity cost for most people not trading in their car today - not a concern for you, but a big deal generally worth thousands for most other people. Someone has already posted in another thread that their trade is worth less today than what it was several weeks ago. That alone could negate any discount you receive. What is the opportunity cost for not enjoying a new car today vs. later? What is the value of the car "a couple months" - 3 (or 4, or 6) months later, the car isn't worth as much as it is now

Blitz118

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Oh boy.... a whole thousand dollars off. Whoopee. ( that's like $800 with the fake inflation) If you think getting on-line or phone "offers" from any dealer in today's market means anything you're smoking crack. Yes... at another time on another vehicle that is not brand new during total upheaval in the car market, cross shop until you drop if thats your bag but I wasn't wasting my time on this lease because it wasn't worth it to me. I wanted it when I wanted it. They had what I wanted, I got more than I ever thought I would for my trade-in and didn't have the hassle of selling it myself so I got it.

Can't say money doesn't matter to me anymore but I'm not cheap. I don't torture myself over luxury purchases or anything that is not a necessity. If I want something I buy it. If the price drops later ( which always happens) I could give two S#@T's.

And while I'm at it you're also wrong on how long this chip shortage is going to affect not only the auto industry ; but EVERYTHING. Minimally halfway into 2022 and probably longer.
You've got to love his nickel and dime reasoning on a $65,000 car. It sounds like he can't afford the car. My lease was up in October this year, but I wanted the GV70 now and not three years from now.

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I think we can all relate to X time is worth more to some than Y money, and for others Y money is worth more than X time, but it depends on what X and Y are doesn't it?

If you can spend 1 hour to save $1000, that's making $1000 an hour for your labor. If it takes you 10 times as long many will pass because "that's 10 hours of my life that I'll never get back", but it's still making $100 an hour, tax free! That's more than I make in an hour at work, and I have a 6 figure income. I'll spend that time, but that's just me. I also do all my own repairs/service even though I'm well able to afford to pay someone else to do it, it's just a values thing to me. I recently added up the service/repairs I've done on our family cars, I've saved enough in 20 years to buy a new car outright. Generally, if I can beat my hourly work wage for effort spent saving $, I'll consider it.

Quad

Registered Member
If my local dealer had my color and trim in stock I would have pulled the trigger by now.....my TIV equity feels like it's getting lower each day.

Melloout

Rocklin, CA
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hello! I Just picked up a GV70 sport prestige last week here are my numbers: $64,045 MSRP dealer was running 1,500 REBATE, plus military $500 off. Leased price $62,045 Negotiated another $500 off that the dealer swindled into the first payment vs the price of the car...funkers, anyways. Leased at 36 months, 7,500 miles per yr (I work from home). Money factor 0.00157(3.77%APR) on credit score 725+, payment is $849mo. Hope this helps anyone looking to compare. I'm in California as well. Cheers!

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hello! I Just picked up a GV70 sport prestige last week here are my numbers: $64,045 MSRP dealer was running 1,500 REBATE, plus military $500 off. Leased price $62,045 Negotiated another $500 off that the dealer swindled into the first payment vs the price of the car...funkers, anyways. Leased at 36 months, 7,500 miles per yr (I work from home). Money factor 0.00157(3.77%APR) on credit score 725+, payment is $849mo. Hope this helps anyone looking to compare. I'm in California as well. Cheers!

Sounds like a pretty good deal.

A near-to-me delaer is offering the same sport/prestiege lease at $863 with 10K yr and $2K at signing:

No idea of the residual and not enough info to calculate the money factor. Seems there are fair deals available. Hopefully this info will help others negotiate with their local offerings.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
That sounds about right and fair. Shocked that there was a "rebate". Was that a Genesis rebate on this particular car or a dealer rebate?

If I divide out my one pay lease I'm at a shade over $900.00 a month but that is with 12,000 miles annually. They slipped in a $147.00 "extra wear and tear" fee on me which is fine so they can't nickel and dime me when I turn it in. I swear all these dealers just look for ways to screw their customer. They know they have you at a disadvantage because by the time they get you into the finance office your head is spinning. One would have to spend another 3 hours just to read the fine print.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What is your residual?

Melloout

Rocklin, CA
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Sounds like a pretty good deal.

A near-to-me delaer is offering the same sport/prestiege lease at $863 with 10K yr and $2K at signing:

No idea of the residual and not enough info to calculate the money factor. Seems there are fair deals available. Hopefully this info will help others negotiate with their local offerings.
Residual they calculated at 61% so 39,077 or close to.

Melloout

Rocklin, CA
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
That sounds about right and fair. Shocked that there was a "rebate". Was that a Genesis rebate on this particular car or a dealer rebate?

If I divide out my one pay lease I'm at a shade over $900.00 a month but that is with 12,000 miles annually. They slipped in a $147.00 "extra wear and tear" fee on me which is fine so they can't nickel and dime me when I turn it in. I swear all these dealers just look for ways to screw their customer. They know they have you at a disadvantage because by the time they get you into the finance office your head is spinning. One would have to spend another 3 hours just to read the fine print.
Its funny, I'm actually in northern california, SF bay area, and the dealer I found offering this deal was SouthBay Hyundai on Torrance(LA) So cal. I drove 450 miles in a rental car to get this deal. haha.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners