Pricing

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
In northern California, you cannot find a GV70 right now without at least a $6k markup. Insanity!
Insanity! All trims? Man, it's a real bummer everyone and their mom is about to have one of these.

It use to be so awesome nobody had my G70, now my friends that use to clown my G70 are all lining up to get a GV70 after they have sat in mine and heard what I paid for it.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hello! I Just picked up a GV70 sport prestige last week here are my numbers: $64,045 MSRP dealer was running 1,500 REBATE, plus military $500 off. Leased price $62,045 Negotiated another $500 off that the dealer swindled into the first payment vs the price of the car...funkers, anyways. Leased at 36 months, 7,500 miles per yr (I work from home). Money factor 0.00157(3.77%APR) on credit score 725+, payment is $849mo. Hope this helps anyone looking to compare. I'm in California as well. Cheers!

Damn, I'd say that's pretty good deal you have there!
About a month ago, I went to see if they would be interested in my G80 sport AWD 26k miles. They were, they offered ~36k but they quoted me ~$1150 a month, 0 down, 10k m/y....no other details, as I said no way I'm gonna pay that much. That was in Chicagoland area.

Attachments

• 20210623_133113.jpg
    20210623_133113.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 10

Dunbar

Registered Member
Its funny, I'm actually in northern california, SF bay area, and the dealer I found offering this deal was SouthBay Hyundai on Torrance(LA) So cal. I drove 450 miles in a rental car to get this deal. haha.

Thanks for the tip. They are advertising $1500 off on their website for pretty much their entire Genesis inventory. They have a shocking 56 GV80’s in stock! Will come in handy when negotiating with dealers in the area. I don’t see many Genesis vehicles driving around the west side and South Bay. You see way more Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Land Rover etc. so I think Genesis will struggle to break into this market.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
The other reason I leased this rig is because negotiating a favorable buy out at the end of the lease based on the EV mania that is occurring might be more possible. It might be worth less than the residual. If I really love this thing in 3 years and its reliable I may buy it out if the price is right.

Djasinsk

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
You are confused. I'm not concerned or worried. I just refused to be scammed or overpay for anything that I know I can get for significantly less if I wait a few months. For example anyone who least in June paid about 50 bucks a month more than someone who leased in July that's $1,800 right there. I do not have trade I have an Audi lease that has no equity. By your logic you should just walk into a dealer and agree to pay MSRP anytime any day because what's 1,000 or 2,000 or $3,000 between friends. My point is at the same time these suckers paid MSRP and some paid for dealer add ons they could have paid $1,000 under MSRP. With minimal effort required.
By the time you can get this discount (which I agree may appear in the future) used car pricing will have adjusted back down as well. For me and my used cars increase in value, it completely offset what I might expect in the future. So if you are replacing a car your strategy might not tied you more.

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
By the time you can get this discount (which I agree may appear in the future) used car pricing will have adjusted back down as well. For me and my used cars increase in value, it completely offset what I might expect in the future. So if you are replacing a car your strategy might not tied you more.
You are mistake, I was offered the 1k discount last month. Why pay msrp?

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The other reason I leased this rig is because negotiating a favorable buy out at the end of the lease based on the EV mania that is occurring might be more possible. It might be worth less than the residual. If I really love this thing in 3 years and its reliable I may buy it out if the price is right.
You generally cannot negotiate the buyout at the end. The dealer can buy it it from hyundai then try to sell it to you but they are unlikely to get it for less than the actual buyout. The ICE engine will likely be more valuable, there will be real resistance to EV.

Djasinsk

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
You are mistake, I was offered the 1k discount last month. Why pay msrp?
In which market? In dc area one can get 500 off but only on what is in stock and not what someone reserved from dealer allocation. In other words “left overs”.
If one wanted to reserve via dealer allocation from late June or early July it was either msrp((+) or maybe 500 off today as rhe inventory builds.
if you want a 3.5 loaded that is on the lot today one can get something better.
I think there is a good chance I hit the absolute top of the market used car wise. I could be wrong on this but based on Mannheim auction data I don’t think so.

if you are not trading in a car I do think you can do better if you wait 6 months.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
In which market? In dc area one can get 500 off but only on what is in stock and not what someone reserved from dealer allocation. In other words “left overs”.
If one wanted to reserve via dealer allocation from late June or early July it was either msrp((+) or maybe 500 off today as rhe inventory builds.
if you want a 3.5 loaded that is on the lot today one can get something better.
I think there is a good chance I hit the absolute top of the market used car wise. I could be wrong on this but based on Mannheim auction data I don’t think so.

if you are not trading in a car I do think you can do better if you wait 6 months.
I'm in the DC market too. Got 500 off msrp off the first base model 2.5s they received. I bought it the day it arrived and they took it off the truck. They were not happy about the 500 msrp, I had to basically walk out for the sales manager to cave and he basically called me fat in an indirect way 🤣🤣🤣.

Couldn't agree more on top of the market when selling our used cars too. When KBB private party ^ is 10% less than sticker 2.5 years ago and 30k miles later, idk how it could possibly get any better.

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
take all the "i was quoted XXXX off the price" posts with a grain of salt until they actually buy the car. Plenty of dealers will tell you theyll give you a discount until you actually walk in and start signing the paperwork and get the dealer markups.

Blitz118

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
take all the "i was quoted XXXX off the price" posts with a grain of salt until they actually buy the car. Plenty of dealers will tell you theyll give you a discount until you actually walk in and start signing the paperwork and get the dealer markups.
Some dealers will honor the price if you're a serious buyer and not a window shopper/tire kicker. I did all my negotiations via text, email, and over the phone. I let them know I would pick up the car that day If we agreed upon a price and came to a mutual agreement. I sent them all the requested documentation (credit application, insurance coverage, copy of driver's licenses, and vehicle trade registration). I did not step foot into the dealership until I signed the paperwork and picked up the vehicle, and there were no surprises. I had a great experience dealing with Balise Genesis of Fairfield, CT, and they gave my wife a bottle of wine as a gift.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

SrS1748

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So in more normal times, what kind of a negotiated discounts do people think would be realistic? I have my eyes on a GV70, but there’s also nothing wrong with my current car. Just looking for an upgrade. If we are talking a $500-$1,000 discount off MSRP, that (personally) doesn’t seem worth waiting. If we are talking, say, $5,000+, I’m more tempted to wait and see where we find ourselves in 6-12 months.

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So in more normal times, what kind of a negotiated discounts do people think would be realistic? I have my eyes on a GV70, but there’s also nothing wrong with my current car. Just looking for an upgrade. If we are talking a $500-$1,000 discount off MSRP, that (personally) doesn’t seem worth waiting. If we are talking, say, $5,000+, I’m more tempted to wait and see where we find ourselves in 6-12 months.
Depends on your market and availability. In my market, 2-5% is the most you can get off any of the more desirable cars that there isn't a ton of inventory of. It's why i don't typically buy cars in my state and go out of state.

SrS1748

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Depends on your market and availability. In my market, 2-5% is the most you can get off any of the more desirable cars that there isn't a ton of inventory of. It's why i don't typically buy cars in my state and go out of state.
Where are you located? I’m in Wisconsin. Dealer told me the price was MSRP whether I took a car off the lot or custom ordered. If that’s the case, I might as well order exactly what I want. Especially if I’m in a market like yours where even in the best times we are talking a few thousand dollars off a car on the lot.

EnigmaDC

Registered Member
Washington DC
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I’m in the DC area too. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Was originally thinking new G70 now the GV70 looks pretty enticing. My dad got the GV80 a few months ago and loves it so far. He was coming from back to back XC90s.

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Where are you located? I’m in Wisconsin. Dealer told me the price was MSRP whether I took a car off the lot or custom ordered. If that’s the case, I might as well order exactly what I want. Especially if I’m in a market like yours where even in the best times we are talking a few thousand dollars off a car on the lot.
I'm in Colorado. Dealers here told me the same (minus whatever genesis incentives there were) for a g70 i bought a couple months ago. Had to go to Oklahoma to get a deal on what i wanted (7k off with incentives, 54k msrp)

SrS1748

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm in Colorado. Dealers here told me the same (minus whatever genesis incentives there were) for a g70 i bought a couple months ago. Had to go to Oklahoma to get a deal on what i wanted (7k off with incentives, 54k msrp)
That seems worth the trip. Will your local dealer pick it up to service it? There are only two other dealers in Wisconsin (but I could go to Illinois). My only concern was not being able to get the concierge benefits.

Dunbar

Registered Member
So in more normal times, what kind of a negotiated discounts do people think would be realistic?
My dad got 6%/$3770 off his G80 ($60,770 sticker) in January. Although that probably included the $1k Genesis loyalty discount (he traded in his old G80.) It depends on how well that model is selling though. My goal is $2500-3000 off the GV70 but I’m not in a big hurry. Dealer in the LA area is already advertising $1500 off on their website. I strongly suspect high used car prices are fueling the lack of discounts. People don’t mind paying sticker when their trade-in is worth a few thousand more than they were expecting. The other way to get a discount is to wait until the 2023 GV70 is about to be released and try to find a 2022 sitting on a dealer lot. They are usually more willing to negotiate on those.

That said, there are a few dealers in my area with large GV70 inventories so it makes you think that it’s only a matter of time before they start to discount.

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners