Problems with Siri

MoSessoms

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
2017 Genesis G80 Sori has stopped working. It has been working for the past three (3) years when it this week it stopped working. Has anyone had this happen to them. Any suggestions as to how to getting working again?

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
2017 Genesis G80 Sori has stopped working. It has been working for the past three (3) years when it this week it stopped working. Has anyone had this happen to them. Any suggestions as to how to getting working again?
Can you tell us exactly what you are doing in your car to start Siri.
Also if you start Siri in your car from your phone, does it work?

cubanben

Hasn't posted much yet...
New Jersey
I'm having the same issue (2015 3.8 AWD Ultimate). I press and hold the "Talk" button on the steering wheel to activate Siri; it comes up on the center screen; I hear the double ding to begin speaking; I say "Call mom mobile" like I've done in the past and then nothing happens. The screen goes back to the previous screen (navigation map) and nothing happens.

If anyone has info, please share.
Thanks.

G-344043

I hold the talk button until I see Siri on the screen and I say "Hey Siri" I and I give my command to play a song and/or a playlist. I get no reply and I hear the bell and the screen changes. Sometimes I am not even able to complete saying my command to play something and I hear the bell and the screen changes. It usually just returns to the siriusXM station I was listening.

G-424334

I have the same problem on and off. When I press and hold the talking icon siri come on and when I tell her to call someone, it returns to main screen. I find when I reboot the main circuit breaker (yellow swithch) in fuse box (front left dash), she starts working again. Flip the yellow switch to the off position for 10 seconds and then flip back on. Nothing is lost on your pre-tune stations. This is the equivalent of ControlAltDelete on your computer.

Let me know. Thanks Arnie A.

ArnieA

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Reboot your Genesis Computer. Shut off ignition and accessories. Open front left fuse box cover, locate main breaker (yellow toggle switch) and flip it off for 10 seconds. Flip it back on. This is like the ControlAltDelete for your computer. Now Siri function should work again. If not, restart your iphone. Check internet for how to reboot YOUR model iPhone. Let me know how you make out.

Thanks. Arnie A

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums