Production Numbers

Thread starter #1

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Rapid City
We have a thread on the Chevy SS forums that deals with the production numbers since those cars are unicorns and not many were built. I figured we could have one here for the '15-'16 model years. I'd like to know if any owners here have very early or very late production cars.

Year:
Mfr Date:
Trim:
Production Number:

The manufacture date can be found on the inside of the door panel. It is a black plate/sticker. The production number can be found in the VIN. It will be the last 6 digits of the VIN number. Ex. - FU057981. That indicates your vehicle was the 57,981.

Mine:
Year: 2015
Mfr Date: October 2014
Trim: Sig/Tech HTRAC (RRY)
Production Number: 14,963

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Sorry i should have put Rear Wheel drive . Its not HTRAC.

crizzlec

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Mine :
Year : 2015
Mfr Date : May 2015
Trim : Ultimate 3.8 AWD
Prod Number : 102508

I wish there was a way to get number of color, trim, and interior by year.

E.G I would *really* like to get how many of the 2015 vehicles were Montecito Blue, 3.8 AWD Ultimate, with Ivory interior out of the total manufactured for the 2015 model year, or the total sold in the US.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Vehicle #000001 is actually a 2014. Last 8 of the VIN starts with E, which indicates that. So it's a pre-production car. It's a silver with black interior 3.8L RWD base. Never delivered to any dealer. #000010 is the exact same car, also never delivered. That's all I've gotten so far. I don't have time to go through each #.

Earliest G70 I can find delivered to the US is 000014. 2.0 AWD in what my catalog says is "Lapis Blue." Not sure if it's a different blue, my catalog has the name wrong, or Genesis changed the name afterwards. It has yet to be delivered to any dealer, so probably a pre-production car as well. Build Dec of 2017.

Ragnar

Been here awhile...
Dense? I was just quoting what I saw in a post with your name on it,having never heard of such a thing before.
Would be really odd but then who knows what they do in S.Korea.

jkeck

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
We have a thread on the Chevy SS forums that deals with the production numbers since those cars are unicorns and not many were built. I figured we could have one here for the '15-'16 model years. I'd like to know if any owners here have very early or very late production cars.

Year:
Mfr Date:
Trim:
Production Number:

The manufacture date can be found on the inside of the door panel. It is a black plate/sticker. The production number can be found in the VIN. It will be the last 6 digits of the VIN number. Ex. - FU057981. That indicates your vehicle was the 57,981.

Mine:
Year: 2015
Mfr Date: October 2014
Trim: Sig/Tech HTRAC (RRY)
Production Number: 14,963

Mine :
Mfr Date : Jan 2015
Prod Number : 75299

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Mine :
Mfr Date : May 2015
Prod Number : 102508

I wish there was a way to get number of color, trim, and interior by year.

E.G I would *really* like to get how many of the 2015 vehicles were Montecito Blue, 3.8 AWD Ultimate, with Ivory interior out of the total manufactured for the 2015 model year, or the total sold in the US.
I am on the hunt for a 2015 white over tan, AWD, ultimate. Been poking around for a couple weeks. Tonight I came across two IBIZA BLUE over Ivory here - Get the Hyundai Genesis in Brunswick Near Medina First time I have seen this combo. Overall the ivory seems rather rare. I think the ivory has quite a nice look to it. The Black ext. over Ivory is smoking hot but I just can't do a black car.

crizzlec

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I was told* by several dealers that Ivory was an Ultimate only interior option and is the rarest interior color because of that. I was also told* that Montecito Blue was the rarest color in 2015.

Of course those are all sales people trying to make a sale so I take it with a grain of salt. I'd love to put numbers behind it.

Genesis Model Type
I am on the hunt for a 2015 white over tan, AWD, ultimate. Been poking around for a couple weeks. Tonight I came across two IBIZA BLUE over Ivory here - Get the Hyundai Genesis in Brunswick Near Medina First time I have seen this combo. Overall the ivory seems rather rare. I think the ivory has quite a nice look to it. The Black ext. over Ivory is smoking hot but I just can't do a black car.
You have a very good collection of 2015 - 2016 Genesis in your area. Wish we had so many here in Bay Area.

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You have a very good collection of 2015 - 2016 Genesis in your area. Wish we had so many here in Bay Area.
Yep. I am looking all over the midwest. I am in St. Louis. Found the dealer in Ohio last night. they have quite a few. Chicago has a number of options as well. Hard to find an AWD Ultimate, in the right color combo. I have a few months to look around. Hopre to find a clean with over tan in that timeframe.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.