Protecting headliner

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am looking for the best product to use to protect the headliner from dirt/dust etc. (especially when driving with the windows open).
I have asked multiple people and no one can suggest anything.

I know that Genesis offered a package with a certain product that help with that but I can’t for the life of me remember the name of that product.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

cvandenhaute

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
in the early 90's My dad had a Lancia with a light beige Alcantara interior (I grew up in Europe). These seats were the easiest thing to clean with TCE but I believe it has been banned here due to health issues. I am sure there are lots of fabric cleaners that can be used on it but I remember it as a very easy material to clean, even in a light color.

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
in the early 90's My dad had a Lancia with a light beige Alcantara interior (I grew up in Europe). These seats were the easiest thing to clean with TCE but I believe it has been banned here due to health issues. I am sure there are lots of fabric cleaners that can be used on it but I remember it as a very easy material to clean, even in a light color.
Great! Thanks for the info. Good to know that it’s an easy material to clean. I’m hoping it won’t be a regular thing since I barely have windows open but i know it will need to be done

cvandenhaute

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Great! Thanks for the info. Good to know that it’s an easy material to clean. I’m hoping it won’t be a regular thing since I barely have windows open but i know it will need to be done
I would not worry too much about it, should be easier to maintain than the typical material you find on headliners. I think it looks very high end, even more so in the light color

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have to say that the Chemical Guys stuff at least the one I have used are garbage. They have a great name that sells itself, good following, and great demoes but their cleaning chemicals are just average or below average!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have their Honeydew Snowfoam and use it with a foam cannon. Impressive foaming ability but shit job as a soap that removes dirt same with their Citrus & Gloss!

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have to say that the Chemical Guys stuff at least the one I have used are garbage. They have a great name that sells itself, good following, and great demoes but their cleaning chemicals are just average or below average!
I have their Honeydew Snowfoam and use it with a foam cannon. Impressive foaming ability but shit job as a soap that removes dirt same with their Citrus & Gloss!
I agree. I used the soap from them using my foam cannon too and I definitely wasn’t impressed!

The Info that @Beefer sent regarding caring for the micro suede is really helpful. You guys have helped ease the worries a lot

Thanks

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So out of curiosity, why does the headliner need protection unless you're a smoker or gonna shag in the car?