Registered Member
champaign, Illinois
Genesis G70
Does the g70 have Proximity lock??

Revvster_G70

Registered Member
champaign, Illinois
Genesis G70
I wonder why they couldn't make the car lock and unlock with the same logic which is being used for the mirrors :/
the 2015 Genesis does it if I am not wrong.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis G70
If you mean something that unlocks the car as you approach, no it does not. It will however unlock/lock if you press the button on the handle with the key in your pocket
Or, better yet, it will lock and unlock if you push the button on the key. That does require additional effort in having to reach into pocket and pull out said key... lol

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Only mirrors unfold as you approach.
Which is super annoying if you have your key and you are working in the garage and walking back and forth. It starts flapping at you. Mine is turned off for that reason.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
If the car is unlocked they won’t flip will they? Do you keep your car locked when you are working in your garage.
I actually do haha. Its a habit of locking the car every time I get out of it along with paranoia of someone getting into my garage somehow. The same reason we lock the door from the garage to the inside of our house. I think its a habit Id rather maintain than try to start something new just so I can have my mirrors fold on approach

I live in a safe place but Im an eagle scout and the only thing that stuck was the 'stay prepared' mindset along with an subconscious drive to start campfires even when its not cold. Could be worse

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis G70
If the car is unlocked they won’t flip will they? Do you keep your car locked when you are working in your garage.
Habit, plus I need the extra room when the wife's car is parked next to the G. I unfortunately only have a commoner's two car garage...

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
Habit, plus I need the extra room when the wife's car is parked next to the G. I unfortunately only have a commoner's two car garage...

Better than my peasant one car garage.... :LOL:

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums