PSA: Genesis Connected Services is live in Canada

WhoIsHomer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Edmonton
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just downloaded and entered in my info. It accepts all info but then loops back to the original screen and doesnt seem to let me log in?

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
Just downloaded and entered in my info. It accepts all info but then loops back to the original screen and doesnt seem to let me log in?

Same here but i am in no rush, enjoying the car too much to care lol would be nice to have it up and running though

Last edited:

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I will send both your VINs to Genesis Canada so we can get this fixed!

WhoIsHomer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Edmonton
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I tried signing up again. This time it worked. I was able to unlock/lock my doors from my phone and find my car on a map.

Excelus

Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The app updated popped up on the Play Store and seems to work now, though I find it takes 30s - a min before the car will update or respond to a command. Does it take that long for everyone else?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The app updated popped up on the Play Store and seems to work now, though I find it takes 30s - a min before the car will update or respond to a command. Does it take that long for everyone else?
Yes, it does. If you start it when you get out of the checkout line in the store you may be back to the car by the time it starts. Would be nice it it was just the push of a button on a fob.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys, in the demo of the app it shows you can turn on seat heat or ac but I can't find that option in the app. It only allows idle time, interior temp, front defrost, and then one option that includes rear defrost, side mirror defrost and heated steering wheel.

I sure hope this is something that will be updated. Heated seats is a must for the winter and it would be nice to have the AC seats on for the summer (my other vehicle can do both of those).

I also wish they would give the option of more time. 10 min isn't long enough when it is -30 in the winter (yeah I am a wimp, whatever lol).

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys, in the demo of the app it shows you can turn on seat heat or ac but I can't find that option in the app. It only allows idle time, interior temp, front defrost, and then one option that includes rear defrost, side mirror defrost and heated steering wheel.

I sure hope this is something that will be updated. Heated seats is a must for the winter and it would be nice to have the AC seats on for the summer (my other vehicle can do both of those).

I also wish they would give the option of more time. 10 min isn't long enough when it is -30 in the winter (yeah I am a wimp, whatever lol).
Heated/cooled seat functionality is not available in Canada (for whatever reason).

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The reason sure seems sadistic when you consider not giving heated seat functionality to Canada! :rolleyes:
My butt gets cold too but we don't have it in the US on other models. Sure would be nice. On my 2010 Sonata I could leave the switches on and they would stay on.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Something else I just noticed, on the app it shows I need maintenance in 11,522km which would be a 12K service interval. It should be 10K and I assumed the dealer just set up the reminder incorrectly in the car, but I looked and the car shows 10K interval on the IP so not sure why the app would be different or how to change that.

Something for GenesisYEG to look into. (y)