PSA - No Separate Switch to Heat Side Mirrors

Patent1

Registered Member
Northern Virginia, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To heat the side mirrors you must turn on the rear window defroster, as discussed on page 3-135 of the owner's manual under "Rear Window Defroster". No mention of this under the "Side View Mirrors" discussion beginning at page 3-28. A bit frustrating...

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To heat the side mirrors you must turn on the rear window defroster, as discussed on page 3-135 of the owner's manual under "Rear Window Defroster". No mention of this under the "Side View Mirrors" discussion beginning at page 3-28. A bit frustrating...
This is how it has been on the last 4 cars I have owned. Never had a separate switch for sideview mirrors!

Patent1

Registered Member
Northern Virginia, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Guess I'm behind the times. My 2006 Acura TL had a separate switch to heat the side mirrors; I drove that car until I purchased my G70. Still think Genesis could have mentioned it in their Side Mirror discussion...

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Guess I'm behind the times. My 2006 Acura TL had a separate switch to heat the side mirrors; I drove that car until I purchased my G70. Still think Genesis could have mentioned it in their Side Mirror discussion...
Never dawned on me that they should mention it. Every car I've owned with electric mirrors had them with the rear defroster. Yours is the first I heard different.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's a weird Honda quirk - I've never seen another brand with separate mirror heat switches.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.