PSA - No Separate Switch to Heat Side Mirrors

Patent1

Registered Member
Northern Virginia, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To heat the side mirrors you must turn on the rear window defroster, as discussed on page 3-135 of the owner's manual under "Rear Window Defroster". No mention of this under the "Side View Mirrors" discussion beginning at page 3-28. A bit frustrating...

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To heat the side mirrors you must turn on the rear window defroster, as discussed on page 3-135 of the owner's manual under "Rear Window Defroster". No mention of this under the "Side View Mirrors" discussion beginning at page 3-28. A bit frustrating...
This is how it has been on the last 4 cars I have owned. Never had a separate switch for sideview mirrors!

Patent1

Registered Member
Northern Virginia, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Guess I'm behind the times. My 2006 Acura TL had a separate switch to heat the side mirrors; I drove that car until I purchased my G70. Still think Genesis could have mentioned it in their Side Mirror discussion...

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Guess I'm behind the times. My 2006 Acura TL had a separate switch to heat the side mirrors; I drove that car until I purchased my G70. Still think Genesis could have mentioned it in their Side Mirror discussion...
That's a weird Honda quirk - I've never seen another brand with separate mirror heat switches.

Antimatter

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My GTI had a switch for the side mirror heating, it was on the switch to change which mirror you were adjusting. Was nice to have.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
have to agree with the others, all the cars I have had with heated mirrors have had the switch as part of the rear defrosters

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.